Stevan Jovetic - Forward - Fiorentina (110 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RavaneVialli2

Aug 4, 2012
While we can say we are covered in the SS department and we still haven't replaced Trez, it still doesn't change the fact that we haven't replaced Ale either and I mean the #10 for years to come... And I don't see a better candidatete than JoJo for that. While at the same time more options for quality strikers will become open next summer: Llorente out of contract, Dzeko, Cavani if he doesn't renew his contract, possibly Higuain.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Not if you don't have a true striker in your squad.
I think the discussion here is too simplified to the point of: We need a CF more than Jovetic.

While we undoubtedly need a top quality CF more than Jovetic, the real question is: "Do we need someone more than Jovetic, only because the someone is a CF"

I think that our squad, as it is now, is more than capable to win serie A again. In CL, after years of absence and/or awful results, I just don't see us challenging and the lack of a CF might only result with being eliminated a round earlier. If there isn't a top quality CF on the market, then imo it's crazy to sacrifice buying Jovetic only to buy a CF.

So it all comes down to how do people rate Llorente and Dzeko. I guess some think buying a CF of their quality is worthy of missing out on Jovetic. Some don't.

Personally I'd gamble and keep Matri as a CF. In Juve's position in serie A and CL, I'd rather have Jovetic play for Juve than buy Edin or Llorente. In the long run, for the time when we will be able to compete in CL as equals to the favorites, Jo-Jo will be much more worthy than Llorente or Dzeko.
Cavani or Falcao would make me say the opposite of the above, but it looks like we don't stand a chance there.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
There is really no replacement if we miss out on JoJo. Suarez, yes. But apart from those two, I don't see us being close to a WC SS, for a long time to come.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I think the discussion here is too simplified to the point of: We need a CF more than Jovetic.

While we undoubtedly need a top quality CF more than Jovetic, the real question is: "Do we need someone more than Jovetic, only because the someone is a CF"

I think that our squad, as it is now, is more than capable to win serie A again. In CL, after years of absence and/or awful results, I just don't see us challenging and the lack of a CF might only result with being eliminated a round earlier. If there isn't a top quality CF on the market, then imo it's crazy to sacrifice buying Jovetic only to buy a CF.

So it all comes down to how do people rate Llorente and Dzeko. I guess some think buying a CF of their quality is worthy of missing out on Jovetic. Some don't.

Personally I'd gamble and keep Matri as a CF. In Juve's position in serie A and CL, I'd rather have Jovetic play for Juve than buy Edin or Llorente. In the long run, for the time when we will be able to compete in CL as equals to the favorites, Jo-Jo will be much more worthy than Llorente or Dzeko.
Cavani or Falcao would make me say the opposite of the above, but it looks like we don't stand a chance there.
As you said, it all comes down on how much we rate Dzeko and Llorente, who seem to be our real targets. I'm not as confident as you are on Serie A as well. I honestly doubt we could pull of the same performances we did last year, especially now with CL and without Conte's presence on the bench. This season we can't afford to miss those easy chances we missed last season. This time, we need someone who could finish them, as we can't always expect our midfield to step up to the occasion all the time. This could very well be the reason of why we either lose or win the league again this year.

Jovetic is a great talent, with awesome potential for the future, but we can't only focus on the future when we're not secured in the present.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

This.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
As you said, it all comes down on how much we rate Dzeko and Llorente, who seem to be our real targets. I'm not as confident as you are on Serie A as well. I honestly doubt we could pull of the same performances we did last year, especially now with CL and without Conte's presence on the bench. This season we can't afford to miss those easy chances we missed last season. This time, we need someone who could finish them, as we can't always expect our midfield to step up to the occasion all the time. This could very well be the reason of why we either lose or win the league again this year.

Jovetic is a great talent, with awesome potential for the future, but we can't only focus on the future when we're not secured in the present.
Pessimist.

I didn't raise you to be this way.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He's a realist and i completely agree with him :tup:
The negative tone is unacceptable. :D

---------- Post added 27.08.2012 at 12:03 ----------

Keep Matri as CF.

Seriously, a goalscoring centre forward with intelligent movement and penalty area presence. I'm fucking sold on that, bring me Edin.
Damn this would kill me to have to decide. :D

Apr 29, 2006
Keep Matri as CF.

Seriously, a goalscoring centre forward with intelligent movement and penalty area presence. I'm fucking sold on that, bring me Edin.
I think its already decided that we are going to keep Matri. We just don't have the time to negotiate a good deal offloading him.

Quag looks like the one to leave. Especially if Jojo is still an option for us.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I think Matri would explode with Jovetic next to him. I know I was hard a Matri a couple weeks ago, but Jovetic just makes things easier. :D

Jovetic this year with Matri, Dzeko next year...:weee:

Unless we can get Dzeko this year then shit, I just don't know what the fuck to do.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I think Matri would explode with Jovetic next to him. I know I was hard a Matri a couple weeks ago, but Jovetic just makes things easier. :D

Jovetic this year with Matri, Dzeko next year...:weee:

Unless we can get Dzeko this year then shit, I just don't know what the fuck to do.
Matri will do better with Mirko or Seba than with Jo-Jo next to him. Stevan always goes for the goal first. Jojo-Matri will be like a Iaq-Amauri partnership, where neither is passing. Of course, with much more quality compared to that partnership.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
funny how everyone keep forgetting that jojo play with vucinic at the national team :disagree:
Who is forgetting that?

---------- Post added 27.08.2012 at 12:11 ----------

Matri will do better with Mirko or Seba than with Jo-Jo next to him. Stevan always goes for the goal first. Jojo-Matri will be like a Iaq-Amauri partnership, where neither is passing. Of course, with much more quality compared to that partnership.
Hmmm...interesting point. Bring him as an SS and play Vucinic as the main CF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 110)