Stevan Jovetic - Forward - Fiorentina (117 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
What is it you sneaky bastard? :p

I don't trust you :D

---------- Post added 22.08.2012 at 20:05 ----------

I agree the way hes been playing in the preseason i wouldnt be suprised if he doesnt start alot of games. I want Llorente to come but the way its looking, it doesnt look like we'll get him so im hoping we get Jovetic and get rid of Quags. I would like to see a 4-3-3 with Vucinic-Matri-Jovetic, but Jovetic plays more like a ss so more like a 4-3-1-2
Time will tell :D

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Jovetic is younger, and has a lot more potential, hence why his value is higher. Moreover, Gio is nowhere near as important for us, as JoJo is for Fiorentina.

I think from an objective standpoint Gio might potentially be worth more because of his amazing season with Parma; however, Jovetic is undoubtedly the better player.
Giovinco was way more important for Parma than Jovetic was for Viola. Gio even literally almost lead a bad Parma team single handedly to Europe. He had much better production and is less injury prone.

The hype is bigger around Jovetic and he still has a lot of untapped potential so his price is probably higher but to dismiss Giovinco like that is just wrong when the difference isn't that big..for now.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Giovinco was way more important for Parma than Jovetic was for Viola. Gio even literally almost lead a bad Parma team single handedly to Europe. He had much better production and is less injury prone.

The hype is bigger around Jovetic and he still has a lot of untapped potential so his price is probably higher but to dismiss Giovinco like that is just wrong when the difference isn't that big..for now.
Your response is expected and predictable, given that you are one of the most ardent supporters and biggest fanboys of Gio. I'm not saying Giovinco is a bad player, far from it in fact. However, Jovetic is 22 (one serious injury doesn't make him injury prone), and when on form has done more than Gio. You disregard his goals and contributions to the Viola cause, not to mention his spectacular CL performances against Bayern and Liverpool. Giovinco is not as physically imposing, and I feel he isn't as versatile as JoJo. I might be wrong, but I don't think so.

Giovinco had a magnificent season, but Jovetic also scored 12 goals in a season where he wasn't always available, and not 100% fit.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Your response is expected and predictable, given that you are one of the most ardent supporters and biggest fanboys of Gio. I'm not saying Giovinco is a bad player, far from it in fact. However, Jovetic is 22 (one serious injury doesn't make him injury prone), and when on form has done more than Gio. You disregard his goals and contributions to the Viola cause, not to mention his spectacular CL performances against Bayern and Liverpool. Giovinco is not as physically imposing, and I feel he isn't as versatile as JoJo. I might be wrong, but I don't think so.

Giovinco had a magnificent season, but Jovetic also scored 12 goals in a season where he wasn't always available, and not 100% fit.

14, B.

14 :D

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Gut feeling. I think Gio is a good player with an impressive skills set, but I sense his temperament and mentality will see him lose his way in big games.
Thats just a feeling from the preseason.

He is a superb player and his last season showed that. I think he is feeling the pressure of coming back to the team which almost crapped his career, but he will do good, i have no doubts about that. Like Jovetic, he is very skilled and this kind of players can oull out an assist and some freekicks even on a bad day, and in good days, well you know.

In the same way u have those feelings of him underperforming.... im pretty sure that if we give him continuity in any form... this guy will surely average a good score by the end of the season.

so yeah, you might be wrong.

IMO, we really need a cavani type... that is where we need to splash the cash... but if we come to Jojo or nothing... of course we need to try to get him at least.

Its now very late on the mercato tho, not sure if viola will release him now.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
It doesn't matter if we need a CF or etc, a quality player like Jovetic isn't up for grab on daily basis. You jump on such opportunities so quick since it will upgrade the team in quality, I have always believed in quality over quantity when it comes to the transfer market. Marotta has done a good job in the market, but he needs to get a bit loose and maybe overpay a bit for such players. He's been stubborn on paying the value of the players, but in today's market, most players are over valued. So it is time to overpay by 5-7 millions, and treat it like an investment. You need to risk it every now and then to make it big, you can't expect big things (CL glory) with our current transfer market ideology.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Pretty Ironic, since you are talking to one :D
I like Gio too, but I'd gladly sacrifice him for JoJo :D

---------- Post added 22.08.2012 at 21:59 ----------

It doesn't matter if we need a CF or etc, a quality player like Jovetic isn't up for grab on daily basis. You jump on such opportunities so quick since it will upgrade the team in quality, I have always believed in quality over quantity when it comes to the transfer market. Marotta has done a good job in the market, but he needs to get a bit loose and maybe overpay a bit for such players. He's been stubborn on paying the value of the players, but in today's market, most players are over valued. So it is time to pay 5-7 over, and treated like an investment. You need to risk it every now and then to make it big, you can't expect big things with our current transfer market ideology.
:agree: +Rep

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009

Who cares if I'm a Gio supporter or not? Thats not the point. You are a Jovetic fanboy, who cares? Thats not the discussion in hand.

And I have no idea what the point was of this post? I just said Jovetic is a great player and worth more than Giovinco. You are the one underrating Gio and overrating Jovetic in the process. In no way am I discrediting Jovetic, I just have a problem with you discrediting Gio's season while comparing him to Jovetic.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Who cares if I'm a Gio supporter or not? Thats not the point. You are a Jovetic fanboy, who cares? Thats not the discussion in hand.

And I have no idea what the point was of this post? I just said Jovetic is a great player and worth more than Giovinco. You are the one underrating Gio and overrating Jovetic in the process. In no way am I discrediting Jovetic, I just have a problem with you discrediting Gio's season while comparing him to Jovetic.
I'm not discrediting Gio. I think he had a magnificent season. However, I don't think he's likely to repeat it for two reasons:

1) He's not going to be the focal point at Juventus; hence, he doesn't need to do things on his own.
2) I personally feel he has the skills set, but lacks the temperament to play for a big club and shine in big games.

The bottom line is, I think Gio will be solid if unspectacular for us. A lot of people who expect him to weave his magic might end up being disappointed. That's all I'm saying ;)

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I'm not discrediting Gio. I think he had a magnificent season. However, I don't think he's likely to repeat it for two reasons:

1) He's not going to be the focal point at Juventus; hence, he doesn't need to do things on his own.
2) I personally feel he has the skills set, but lacks the temperament to play for a big club and shine in big games.

The bottom line is, I think Gio will be solid if unspectacular for us. A lot of people who expect him to weave his magic might end up being disappointed. That's all I'm saying ;)
First point, I don't want him to repeat that season. All I'm asking of him is to play on the same level. Thats it, he's not asked to get 11 assists next season, just play on the same level. And exactly the same thing applies on any other player who didn't play for a big club last season, including Jovetic for Viola who was their focal point as well.

And that second point you just made is just hypothetical and stuff that still hasn't happened. Not going to dive into a discussion about that.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Jovetic would be a dream come true but I doubt it'll happen.

As for me it looks like we have no money left and change targets hoping for some club to lower their demands. I wish I was wrong.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
@skysports_bryan: Spoken to Fiorentina's sporting director about Manchester City's interest in Stevan Jovetic: "No offer. Not for sale." #mcfc

Never made sense in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 117)