Stevan Jovetic - Forward - Fiorentina (92 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
Even though I think we're signing Llorente, I'm still dreaming about Jojo. Cavani is totally out of reach, I understand that, but I don't think Jovetic is. I think they're simply holding out for a fair market deal, frankly; I mean, look what the man did coming off major knee surgery at the age of 22. I'd have no problem seeing Beppe drop 30-35M on this guy. Or 25-27 and Qtube. He's one for the future, going to be a superstar.

People who get hysterical because they feel the club desperately needs to add a "true CF, 9", etc., well for me that is quickly overdone. What this club needs, above all, is a serious injection of quality for the attack - and Jovetic fits the bill. The team plays possession football, Conte can work with some very high quality hybrids up front; these guys can find the net. Also, losing Alex was a blow, but losing Marco isn't. The club would be adding the 8th and 9th top goal scorers to the second highest scoring offense in Serie A, meanwhile Milan loses Ibra, Napoli loses Lavezzi...

Jovetic can/has played at CF, Mirko can/has played at CF (paired with Jovetic no less), and Matri obviously knows the role. If we sub Quag out for another target option, then there's even more flexibility. Meanwhile, great competition and rotation at SS.

Would be a great move, I wish it was a priority - a move for now, and the future.
:shocked: OMG a post in a potential player transfer intrest thread that is calculated, thought through and makes sense. I can't believe it. + rep to you!

I couldn't agree more...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I have stayed away from this thread, because it hurts my heart to still see the situation the way it is.

That being said.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
+Rep

Sergio!!!! JoJo :weee: :weee: :weee:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
:D

I honestly don't think 30 Million is too much for a player like JoJo. Look at how much Chelsea paid for Hazard and Oscar, PSG for Lucas, and in that regard 30 Million doesn't seem like much for a wonderful player like Zola. I mean, if we paid Parma 11 Million for 1/2 of Giovinco (meaning his value is at least 22 Million now), then Jovetic is definitely worth the 30.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
:D

I honestly don't think 30 Million is too much for a player like JoJo. Look at how much Chelsea paid for Hazard and Oscar, PSG for Lucas, and in that regard 30 Million doesn't seem like much for a wonderful player like Zola. I mean, if we paid Parma 11 Million for 1/2 of Giovinco (meaning his value is at least 22 Million now), then Jovetic is definitely worth the 30.
I absolutely agree with you.

You know that my love for Jovetic knows no boundaries.

However, I am still very skeptical. Sorry, bro. I would love to see it happen, as he is a marvelous talent.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Jovetic is younger, and has a lot more potential, hence why his value is higher. Moreover, Gio is nowhere near as important for us, as JoJo is for Fiorentina.

I think from an objective standpoint Gio might potentially be worth more because of his amazing season with Parma; however, Jovetic is undoubtedly the better player.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I honestly don't think Gio will reproduce his Parma form for us. I'm skeptical. He will be solid, but not as spectacular as some people are expecting him to be. I'm not getting my hopes up so as to avoid further disappointment.

Jul 20, 2012
I honestly don't think Gio will reproduce his Parma form for us. I'm skeptical. He will be solid, but not as spectacular as some people are expecting him to be. I'm not getting my hopes up so as to avoid further disappointment.
I agree the way hes been playing in the preseason i wouldnt be suprised if he doesnt start alot of games. I want Llorente to come but the way its looking, it doesnt look like we'll get him so im hoping we get Jovetic and get rid of Quags. I would like to see a 4-3-3 with Vucinic-Matri-Jovetic, but Jovetic plays more like a ss so more like a 4-3-1-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 92)