Stevan Jovetic - Forward - Fiorentina (119 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
How else do you expect to sign a 'top player?' in today's market. Its not a strategy you use all the time. But in a one off case, like this one, its the only way to get your man without going into a bidding war and dragging negotiations.
Jovetić is not a top plaer yet. He might be, but then again he might not be, better talents than him have failed. He is absolutely not worth 30 mil €.

Your logic is how we paid 22 million E for AMauri or 25 for Melo. Just pay it.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
JoJo will leave England once Mancini is sacked. And we'll get him at a cut price.

---------- Post added 20.08.2012 at 21:28 ----------

Jovetić is not a top plaer yet. He might be, but then again he might not be, better talents than him have failed. He is absolutely not worth 30 mil €.

Your logic is how we paid 22 million E for AMauri or 25 for Melo. Just pay it.
No my logic is different. Amauri is not that level at all. Melo signed a contract with a buyout clause days before we bought him.

Is there anyone else you can get for 30m that you/the club would be happy with? As an investment because he's young, its not as big a risk because of his salary.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
JoJo will leave England once Mancini is sacked. And we'll get him at a cut price.

---------- Post added 20.08.2012 at 21:28 ----------

No my logic is different. Amauri is not that level at all. Melo signed a contract with a buyout clause days before we bought him.

Is there anyone else you can get for 30m that you/the club would be happy with? As an investment because he's young, its not as big a risk because of his salary.

Just because he signed a contract with a realease fee doesnt mean we had to pa it, you can still negotiate. But Secco went for the just pay it option.

At this moment, we dont need Jovetić and we are better off getting a player we need. Only way we'd need Jovetić is if we sold Vučinić. I'm all for that BTW; but that's not ahppening.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I don't know why I do it to myself but I actually read that article.

"Jovetic is not happy with the situation at Fiorentina," a source told Goal.com. "He is the star of the team but wants to be part of a team of stars."
Hhhhhhhhhshhhhhhhhfffffffffffhffffffmmmmmmimmmmmmnnnntnnnne

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
If we were still looking for him, we would have got him long time ago. Clearly something us making is unable to get him.

We are not getting him, at least not for this mercato

Dadi-SK

Jan 30, 2011
I think there is nothing concrete regarding City's interest for Jovetic. Probably just a speculation after Kun Aguero's injury. Kun will be back in 2-3 weeks? Jovetic is ours this or next season.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Just because he signed a contract with a realease fee doesnt mean we had to pa it, you can still negotiate. But Secco went for the just pay it option.

At this moment, we dont need Jovetić and we are better off getting a player we need. Only way we'd need Jovetić is if we sold Vučinić. I'm all for that BTW; but that's not ahppening.
I think in the Melo case, as in the JoJo case, we need to consider two factors. The first being, the willingness/unwillingness of the club to sell the player. And secondly, the fact that the club is within the same league, for which they are likely to add a premium to the price. In Melo's case Fiorentina could've taken him off the market or refused to sell, and whether right or wrong, we paid that clause. JoJo's scenario is pretty much the same. DelleValle is very serious about his commitment to the fans, and when he says somebody is not for sale he doesn't do it for lip service. The only way to get our man in this case would be to pay the buyout clause. I don't propagate this all the time, but in some cases it is necessary to be a big player in the market, when moving on players that could potentially belong to this category, you can end up wi a player who will eventually pay for himself. In the last three years, Juve have not made a signing bigger than 15m or so. It has worked thus far, but it's not going to work all the time. As a big club you have to get in the game when going after big names or big talent and show your intent by splashing the cash. This main difference between a big club and small one is primarily this. The ability to take a bigger risk, where e pay off will be immense, and a failure absorbed, if its a calculated one. That's what JoJo would be for me.

This thing about the move paying off or not, holds true for nearly anybody we'll go for in attack. Nobody comes with any guarantees. We didn't know Gigi Buffon, Thuram or Neddy would become WC, but the signs were there, and Moggi paid big money because he saw the talent is there. Similary JoJo has shown signs of having immense ability. And this is coming from somebody who'd rather have Suarez here.

As for whether we need him or not, that again is debatable. The CF role being such a specific one, has very few players of the calibre that cam make a difference and are available. In the absence of this, instead of overpaying for a mediocre talent to fill our specific need, I rather we take a chance on somebody with arguably more ability to change a game. I agree that Vucinic, Gio and JoJo would be overkill, but they could deploy nicely in a 433 and we could have the Montenegrin duo line up nicely in a 352, with Matri, Quag and Gio all bringing different characteristics off the bench. Its unlikely this move will happen, and id rather we buy Dzeko as things stand. But out of all the big money signings we've been linked with, he was our cheapest (including salary), best shot at attaining a potential WC player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 119)