Stevan Jovetic - Forward - Fiorentina (119 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Assuming we get JoJo, where will Vucinic, Gio, Llorente (who we seem to be after in a big way), play? I don't see us benching Vuci and Gio to play JoJo Llorente or spending 30m on JoJo and then benching him either. It's a great issue to have, but I don't think we are financially structured to cope with so much money sitting on a bench.

Dadi-SK

Jan 30, 2011
Assuming we get JoJo, where will Vucinic, Gio, Llorente (who we seem to be after in a big way), play? I don't see us benching Vuci and Gio to play JoJo Llorente or spending 30m on JoJo and then benching him either. It's a great issue to have, but I don't think we are financially structured to cope with so much money sitting on a bench.
Probably Matri and Quag would leave.

RavaneVialli2

Aug 4, 2012
Just thought about it... If we buy Llorente for some 18M and manage to sell Matri for 12M euro, we won't spend an amount of money that a top player would command, the cost of those transactions combined would be just like a minor operation on the mercato. I'd say JoJo would still be possible then, especially if we could insert Quag in the deal, and replace Quag with Pazzini on a cheap loan with option to have him as a 5th forward. Assuming we still have the money for a top player, of course.

Dec 31, 2008
Matri will stay. Quag will be offloaded methinks.

That is if we buy Llorente.

---------- Post added 12.08.2012 at 16:52 ----------

Oh and Fuck Pazzini.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I don't think we can afford both Llorente and JoJo. It's just one of them or Dzeko as alternative. Maybe if Viola agreed on Quag + cash for JoJo and we sold Matri to Milan for those 12m then maybe we could afford both but even then I don't think we would go for it.

I just don't see Bilbao letting Llorente go for 18 - 20m, and Dzeko costs about 30m. My opinion is that JoJo suits us the most from all mentioned here as we really don't play with actual target man (like yesterday - both Vucinic and Gio are considered as ss, but together they did better than ss - cf setup in the first half). Imo it's just that we need technically gifted forwards with imagination cuz they need to take part in our build up play all the time. Our style is all about movement. I'm not saying Llorente and Dzeko are static, technically raw players, but imo they are nowhere near JoJo's level. We left that classic ss - cf setup behind us when we started to play possesion type of football. Now the cf guy has to be mobile like a ss, he can't stand and wait for a ball. We try to make Matri take part in building our actions but he fails. I'm sure Dzeko or Llorente can do better than him, but I'm afraid they could be not good enough when it comes to play against well parked buses.

If Llorente costs more than 20m and Dzeko is about 30m, I'd go for JoJo instead, but that's just me.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
We can get Dzeko cheaper if Shitty find an alternative in Llorente for example. We can get Dzeko for 25m or a little less if we negotiate hard. Its going to come down to the last days of the mercato. JoJo can only be obtained on a co own at best, I can't see us buy him outright if we go after the CF. And I honestly wouldn't like to sell Quag or Matri to just shuffle the pack and end up with Pazzini. It's no good. Vucinic, Giovinco, Quag, Matri, Llorente/Dzeko is a solid strike force. But not a world class one. If we cam retain one of Quag/Matri, add JoJo to that line up along with Llorente/Dzeko then I'd say we'd be in the top 5-6 attacks in the world.

Dec 26, 2004
I'd personally learn to live with such issue if we were to sign Llorente and Jovetic.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Fuck you K, Bianconero_Aus, and the poster formerly known as ALC :p :D

At least I'm gay for an awesome player, not fapping to the likes of Matri, Quag, or Giacherrini :stuckup:
Who the fuck is ALC nowadays? All the namechangers should be banned for being fucking plain stupid and annoying.

--

I'm with you on this one. People wanting fucking Dzeko or Llorente over JoJo are just retarded.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We actually need a Dzeko/Llorente type player more, but I wouldn't want to miss out on JoJo. I feel there are always going to be good CFs (similar if not better than Dzeko/Llorente) for us to acquire. What is baffling is the lack of quality defenders, especially fullbacks in the modern game :boh:

---------- Post added 12.08.2012 at 21:50 ----------

Who the fuck is ALC nowadays? All the namechangers should be banned for being fucking plain stupid and annoying.

--

I'm with you on this one. People wanting fucking Dzeko or Llorente over JoJo are just retarded.
Huitzilopochtli is ALC I believe :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 119)