Stevan Jovetic - Forward - Fiorentina (89 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Lol at those who kick their heads at the prospect of signing Jovetic.

You peasants, we will actually sign Falcao, RVP, Higuain and Cavani, even Dzeko, if it's possible. The thing is....Higuain will laugh in your face if you ask him to leave Real for Juve, RVP will call you crazy if you try to convince him that playing in serie A is better for him than staying in England and playing for a rich club, ADL will burn half of Naples if you try to take Cavani off of him for less than 50m euro (and good luck finding 50m). Falcao? Lol, won't leave for less than 60m. Even Dzeko would wait till the last minute for EPL, LA Liga, or his favorite team Milan to call before he even starts thinking about Juve.

Now give me a better alternative to Jovetic after this. You don't seem to realize that it's not Jovetic or RVP. It's Jovetic or Pazzini. What do you propose? Keep the money for next summer instead of splashing them on Jo-Jo now? Why, because next summer all these strikers will actually change their minds and run to play for Juve?
If we don't buy Jovetic now we never will and we'll be left without him AND without a CF.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
jovetic would bench vucinic, not givinco
Nope, he'll bench Seba, or both of them :D But if it's only one of them, then Seba. Mirko played more than half of his career as a CF and he plays that with Jovetic in the NT. Jovetic might be able to play as a lone attacker in a 4-5-1, but if another attacker is in the team, then bet your ass that Stevan will be the SS.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Nope, he'll bench Seba, or both of them :D But if it's only one of them, then Seba. Mirko played more than half of his career as a CF and he plays that with Jovetic in the NT. Jovetic might be able to play as a lone attacker in a 4-5-1, but if another attacker is in the team, then bet your ass that Stevan will be the SS.
attack would be this.

jovetic-marchisio-giovinco

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

You peasants, we will actually sign Falcao, RVP, Higuain and Cavani, even Dzeko, if it's possible. The thing is....Higuain will laugh in your face if you ask him to leave Real for Juve, RVP will call you crazy if you try to convince him that playing in serie A is better for him than staying in England and playing for a rich club, ADL will burn half of Naples if you try to take Cavani off of him for less than 50m euro (and good luck finding 50m). Falcao? Lol, won't leave for less than 60m. Even Dzeko would wait till the last minute for EPL, LA Liga, or his favorite team Milan to call before he even starts thinking about Juve.

Now give me a better alternative to Jovetic after this. You don't seem to realize that it's not Jovetic or RVP. It's Jovetic or Pazzini. What do you propose? Keep the money for next summer instead of splashing them on Jo-Jo now? Why, because next summer all these strikers will actually change their minds and run to play for Juve?
If we don't buy Jovetic now we never will and we'll be left without him AND without a CF.
:gsol: Giovinco :gsol:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007

i would try for sanchez if barca is willing to play ball.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
i would try for sanchez if barca is willing to play ball.
they refused to talk about a transfer with milan..no way they will sell him. the only good player i can see away from them is pedro, and he would be so useful for us..can play on both sides with no problem

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
that cuz milan are a bunch of cocky little decks. thy orbably offered a lona deal with option to by for 15 million.

same way they offered a cheap deal to man city for tevez.

milan think just because they did it once with ibra and it worked, that it would work all the time.

davids26

May 13, 2005
Terribly sorry if this sounds very ignorant to you but would anyone explain to me how dour transfer strategy does work?!

To start with, I really hate this time of the year, I hate the anticipation and the speculation and most of all I hate Goal.com! I have been visiting this forum for guidance; nevertheless, I recently started to feel confused here as well. So seriously, how does it really work! Do we set a strategy for next year and then plan our priorities accordingly based on available resources, or do we go in and start investing and then adjust team formation according to what we end up with!

I kinda believe in Marotta, I like his ability to hunt players for free, and then spend so much on the likes of Martinez! I don’t know who's fault it is but for quite few years I believe that our transfer strategy lacked the certainty and led to situations like Diego, Melo and Krasic. Worth mentioning in my opinion is last year's dilemma! I am still confused but do any of you understood why did we pay approximately 11m for Qaugliarella and then fork another 15 for Vucinic! We can go through this over and over but my question stands, how does it really work?!

In my modest opinion the cause is the lack of planning. To shift this into constructive criticism 4-3-3 worked well for Juve last year and so I believe that this is how we should proceed. As we secured Isla, Asamoah, Giovinco, and Pogba, I think it is time to invest more and bring a solid striker to support Matri. I would love to see Jovetic in Juve, I think that he'll make a great input, but do we have the resources? Between him, Cavani or Dzeko and Armero, what are the possibilities and what are the priorities?

Personally, I think that if we really aim to be competitive in the CL next year then the three must arrive. Again, do we have the resources?

I don’t know how much money we have to spend but I think that we can probably cash out all of Melo, Krasic and Quagliarella and incorporate Pazienza, De Ceglie and Padoin in some deals. Definitely get rid of Martinez, Iaquinta and Amauri if he’s still around to save some wages.

The way I see it is:

Jovetic(?) Cavani(?) Giovinco

Marchiso Pirlo Vidal

Armero (?) Chiellini Barzaglie Isla

Buffon

And when you have the below options on the bench:

Storari
Caseres
Ziegler
Lichtsteiner
Bonucci
Lucio
Masi
Pogba
Asamoah
Marrone
Bouy
Matri
Vucinic
Giaccherini
Pepe

Then you will have the flexibility to go:

Vucinic Matri

Pirlo

Marchiso Asamoah Vidal

Armero (?) Chielini Barzaglie Isla
Buffon

I believe that this year represents a critical period in the rejuvenation strategy Juve has adopted in the last few years. Making big investment in the market this year would help us on few different levels. Other than getting into our real shape once again, we need to keep in mind that next year we won’t have the same flexibility in the market with the implementation of the FFP policies. If we strategize well, and do the right purchases this year, I expect that we’ll be able to compete for big names once again next year. First, with a well built team, we’ll have the resources and will direct it into one big purchase only. Second, in my opinion transfer prices will go down following the implementation of the FFP policy.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 89)