Stevan Jovetic - Forward - Fiorentina (117 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Primitive

Jul 21, 2011
4-3-3 with those three up front wouldn't work, we would get trashed defensively. We need at least a guy who does defensive work in there, Pepe or Isla. Like Suns said, we need a guy who looks for the goal, not the ball. This is why Dzeko makes sense

---------- Post added 29.07.2012 at 15:12 ----------

Yes, I am.

And that way of thinking put us in that position last year. With this midfield we CAN play with 3 forwards. Attack is the best way to defend.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 1, 2010
I think it all depends on what you are looking for.

Myself, I have always been more attracted to the players who romanticize the game for me. I'm not necessarily a numbers guy when it comes to football, because unlike any other sport, Football allows itself to be analyzed on the facets leading up to the goal, as much as, if not more than, the goal itself.

to quote Ian Gillan, "It's not the kill. It's the thrill of the chase."

That's why those two gentlemen in my avatar will always hold a special place in my heart, because on their day, they were capable of creating pure magic even if they didn't score on that day.

And I see Jovetic as the type of player along those lines, but I do not see him as a 10 goal scorer a la Cassano. No, I see him as the 15-18 goal scorer consistently throughout the career that I believe he is going to have.

Honestly, the only reason why I see that Jovetic is still at Fiorentina is because he missed the entire 2010-2011 season with his knee injury. He had already put the world on notice the season before that as a 20 year old with his exploits in the Champions League, taking Fiorentina on his back to the knockout stages. If he hadn't gotten injured, and if his career had progressed the way it was projected to be, he would already be at one of the top clubs in Europe.

Dzeko would be for the here and now, whilst I feel that Jovetic would be for the here and tomorrow.

I can certainly understand where you are coming from, but upon reading this, I hope that you can understand where I am coming from

I understand where you are coming from and I respect your opinion.

---------- Post added 29.07.2012 at 15:21 ----------

And that way of thinking put us in that position last year. With this midfield we CAN play with 3 forwards. Attack is the best way to defend.
That could work against small teams, but not against Napoli/Milan/Inter/Roma/Lazio and in the CL.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
I hope we bring JoJo in and send out Gio. I can't see us playing both Gio and JoJo on the attack together. It would be such a waste and we need a CF as well

Jul 28, 2002
Jojo would be a slightly exuberant luxury likely to unbalance the squad. We need a killer not another fantasista...with vucinic and Gio we have enough mercurial talents. We only have matri as a poacher.

Unless Jojo can play the false 9, I don't see us needing him. Can he play wide or is he just a pure ss?

Jul 20, 2012
Cause I doubt we can sign JoJo and a CF without cashing in our current attackers. Gio is more attractive to cash in rather than Quag and Matri.
We arent going to get Jovetic and a Cf unless it Pazzini. Im going to predict the future right now. Matri isnt going to leave, Quags will MAybebe traded to get Pazzini. If we dont trade Quags and we get Pazzini then our Mercato is over. If we get Jovetic then Quags will be traded for Pazzini. End of story. Some of you people make me want to smash my head on my keyboard. Jovetic isnt a top player YET, and hes not A CENTER FORWARD. THat is what we need RIGHT NOW. WE DONT NEED A OVERRATED YOUNG PLAYER. Vucinic-Giovinco-Jovetic will not happen. Why woiuld we play without a Cf, and 3 ss?

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
We arent going to get Jovetic and a Cf unless it Pazzini. Im going to predict the future right now. Matri isnt going to leave, Quags will MAybebe traded to get Pazzini. If we dont trade Quags and we get Pazzini then our Mercato is over. If we get Jovetic then Quags will be traded for Pazzini. End of story. Some of you people make me want to smash my head on my keyboard. Jovetic isnt a top player YET, and hes not A CENTER FORWARD. THat is what we need RIGHT NOW. WE DONT NEED A OVERRATED YOUNG PLAYER. Vucinic-Giovinco-Jovetic will not happen. Why woiuld we play without a Cf, and 3 ss?
You are not predicting the future, but just stating the obvious. JoJo is not overated, but like you say I can't see him coming unless we chose to sacrifice Gio. It would most likely be Vuci and RVP as our starting attackers. And we have Gio and one of Matri/Quag to cover them. With the 5th choice could be someone like Pazzini.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Nah, just a little aggravated that I'm working today, bro.
Yeah working here too, brotato. Sucks to be us......well atleast my co worker has a great ass so I just stare at itto pass the time.

For the record I am pro jovetic, and I have accepted the fact that he is going to be ours

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Yeah working here too, brotato. Sucks to be us......well atleast my co worker has a great ass so I just stare at itto pass the time.

For the record I am pro jovetic, and I have accepted the fact that he is going to be ours
You might want to do more than staring .

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

You're in a better spot than I am. The sexiest thing I've seen in the past 5 hours is your avatar.

Jul 20, 2012
You are not predicting the future, but just stating the obvious. JoJo is not overated, but like you say I can't see him coming unless we chose to sacrifice Gio. It would most likely be Vuci and RVP as our starting attackers. And we have Gio and one of Matri/Quag to cover them. With the 5th choice could be someone like Pazzini.
Well it doesnt matter. Im just giving my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 117)