Stevan Jovetic - Forward - Fiorentina (17 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
You're right, and I feel like I've been repeating myself rather excessively about this. We've had a season under Conte and we've learned that the team creates a lot of chances and our top scorer turned out to be a centre forward that scored 10 goals. And he had a habit of missing some easy chances.

Juventus haven't even replaced Trezeguet yet, it's been two years ffs. Put some effort in, Beppe.
Who is available as a CF?

That's the problem.

The only one within a relaistic reach is Dzeko.

Primitive

Jul 21, 2011
overrating jovetic to the pount that you want him at any cost, while underrating a player we already own who plays the same position, and has better stats than jovetic.

It is also worth noting thag you thought aquilani was a genius signing. Therefore you have a history of bad decision making
Jovetic at 23 is already better than Gio at 25, that's a fact. I believe Gio is a decent and on his day great player, but Jovetic haven't even evolved into what he can become, he is pretty much special, given he is injury free will have a great season. One of those player who are on the verge to explode into WC and you just know it. Sorry but i don't have the same feeling about Gio.

Jul 1, 2010
Jovetic at 23 is already better than Gio at 25, that's a fact. I believe Gio is a decent and on his day great player, but Jovetic haven't even evolved into what he can become, he is pretty much special, given he is injury free will have a great season. One of those player who are on the verge to explode into WC and you just know it. Sorry but i don't have the same feeling about Gio.
That's not the point. The point is that we already have a SS comparable to Jovetic on form while we definitely need to sign a CF who will look for the goal.

That's why we should sign Dzeko and forget about Jovetic.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
That's not the point. The point is that we already have a SS comparable to Jovetic on form while we definitely need to sign a CF who will look for the goal.

I don't disagree with you in that the priority should be Dzeko and not Jovetic.

But talent for talent, who do you think is the better player?

And that is where the conundrum lies

Jul 1, 2010
ah this isn't worth it, you're completely missing the point.
No, I am not.

What was our biggest weakness last season? Scoring goals.

With Isla, potentially Armero and Pirlo supplying long balls and crosses, it makes sense to buy a CF like Dzeko and none to sign a SS like Jovetic.

---------- Post added 29.07.2012 at 15:07 ----------

I don't disagree with you in that the priority should be Dzeko and not Jovetic.

But talent for talent, who do you think is the better player?

And that is where the conundrum lies
Jovetic has a higher ceiling for sure. However, I'd still buy Dzeko ahead of him. We need a quality CF and we need him now.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
why we should get jovetic? because he will be one of the best offensive players in europe once he comes of age and we have the opportunity to buy him now, relatively cheap. completely irrelevant if we're stacked up in that position or not, you don't pass an opportunity like this.

Primitive

Jul 21, 2011

I actually don't buy this "pure goalscorer" type of player, ofc we need a goalscorer, but there is a variety of options how we can deal with it. For me Jovetic is a player who can unlock a defense when needed and that's what i want. Gio - Vuci - Jojo is one hell of an attack and it will score goals for fun, but this 3 must be adapted to play and complement each other.

Jul 1, 2010
I actually don't buy this "pure goalscorer" type of player, ofc we need a goalscorer, but there is a variety of options how we can deal with it. For me Jovetic is a player who can unlock a defense when needed and that's what i want. Gio - Vuci - Jojo is one hell of an attack and it will score goals for fun, but this 3 must be adapted to play and complement each other.
4-3-3 with those three up front wouldn't work, we would get trashed defensively. We need at least a guy who does defensive work in there, Pepe or Isla. Like Suns said, we need a guy who looks for the goal, not the ball. This is why Dzeko makes sense

---------- Post added 29.07.2012 at 15:12 ----------

well, you're canadian.
Yes, I am.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
WHERE THE FUCK DO YOU WANT ME TO GO FROM HERE ???!!!!!

:D

we could always start the conversation over again, repeat for 30 days until this crappy part of the mercatto is over :p

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Go for need, not worth going another season without a goalscorer. We already have Vucinic who's a great SS and behind him we have Gio who is quality as well.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
No, I am not.

What was our biggest weakness last season? Scoring goals.

With Isla, potentially Armero and Pirlo supplying long balls and crosses, it makes sense to buy a CF like Dzeko and none to sign a SS like Jovetic.

---------- Post added 29.07.2012 at 15:07 ----------

Jovetic has a higher ceiling for sure. However, I'd still buy Dzeko ahead of him. We need a quality CF and we need him now.
I think it all depends on what you are looking for.

Myself, I have always been more attracted to the players who romanticize the game for me. I'm not necessarily a numbers guy when it comes to football, because unlike any other sport, Football allows itself to be analyzed on the facets leading up to the goal, as much as, if not more than, the goal itself.

to quote Ian Gillan, "It's not the kill. It's the thrill of the chase."

That's why those two gentlemen in my avatar will always hold a special place in my heart, because on their day, they were capable of creating pure magic even if they didn't score on that day.

And I see Jovetic as the type of player along those lines, but I do not see him as a 10 goal scorer a la Cassano. No, I see him as the 15-18 goal scorer consistently throughout the career that I believe he is going to have.

Honestly, the only reason why I see that Jovetic is still at Fiorentina is because he missed the entire 2010-2011 season with his knee injury. He had already put the world on notice the season before that as a 20 year old with his exploits in the Champions League, taking Fiorentina on his back to the knockout stages. If he hadn't gotten injured, and if his career had progressed the way it was projected to be, he would already be at one of the top clubs in Europe.

Dzeko would be for the here and now, whilst I feel that Jovetic would be for the here and tomorrow.

I can certainly understand where you are coming from, but upon reading this, I hope that you can understand where I am coming from

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)