Stevan Jovetic - Forward - Fiorentina (96 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If Jovetic is our top signing i quit. Jovetic is not a Cf and yet idk why Marotta keeps going after him. So what if hes a young talent? He wont fill the role of the Cf in which we need right now. We dont have the money to be wasting on talents, we need a pure scorer. If we get Jovetic then we will keep Matri and have Jovetic, Matri, Giovinco, Vucinic, and maybe Quags or Pazzini. Then everyone on this forum will be crying because we wont have a striker who can score 20+ goals
Personally speaking, I would be happy with 3 players who can score 15+ goals than one player who scores 20+.

Jul 20, 2012
Of course not, however they're similar players and Jovetic is capable of 20 goals per season, he scored more than all our forwards last year.
But the difference is we are in need of a Striker. When Del Piero was around their was Inzaghi, Ibrahimovic, Treezugeut. We need someone like them Giovinco has the ability to play in the role of del piero also. So why do we need Jovetic?

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
As I said before, look for a player who looks for the goal, not the ball. We don't need 3 good SS and no reliable scorers.

We need someone who knows how to position himself in order to score goals, who can run off the ball, get the easy goals, who can head in a cross when Isla, Armero hit them, who can run in the right time when Pirlo hits one of his passes, who doesn't run after the balls that Vucinic/Giovinco go after and most importantly who doesn't need waste plenty of opportunities before scoring 1.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
But the difference is we are in need of a Striker. When Del Piero was around their was Inzaghi, Ibrahimovic, Treezugeut. We need someone like them Giovinco has the ability to play in the role of del piero also. So why do we need Jovetic?
Because he's the best player we can get and is potentially one of the best in the world.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Of course not, however they're similar players and Jovetic is capable of 20 goals per season, he scored more than all our forwards last year.
That's hardly a glowing reference.

---------- Post added 29.07.2012 at 19:35 ----------

Because he's the best player we can get and is potentially one of the best in the world.
What if Jovetic was a CM, would you buy him?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Jojo is no Del piero,

Alex was a WC finisher, especially in his late years.
Alex became the consistent goal scoring threat when he was 27 years old.

And before anyone thinks that I am even remotely trying to downplay the career of my 2nd favorite footballer of all time, let me just state this.

From the time of 2001-2008, Alex scored in double digits in every single season that year in Serie A except for one. Prior to that, the last year that he scored in double digits was the 97-98 season, when arguments could be made that he was one of the top 3 players on the planet.

Alex was 23 years old when that season was 2 months old.

It's very easy to say that JoJo doesn't have the finishing skills that Del Piero had when you have a whole body of work to look at from del Piero's point of view.

However, what you can look at is that both of them had success in Europe on an individual level very early on in their careers.

There are more parallels between these two players than people want to give credit for.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Alex became the consistent goal scoring threat when he was 27 years old.

And before anyone thinks that I am even remotely trying to downplay the career of my 2nd favorite footballer of all time, let me just state this.

From the time of 2001-2008, Alex scored in double digits in every single season that year in Serie A except for one. Prior to that, the last year that he scored in double digits was the 97-98 season, when arguments could be made that he was one of the top 3 players on the planet.

Alex was 23 years old when that season was 2 months old.

It's very easy to say that JoJo doesn't have the finishing skills that Del Piero had when you have a whole body of work to look at from del Piero's point of view.

However, what you can look at is that both of them had success in Europe on an individual level very early on in their careers.

There are more parallels between these two players than people want to give credit for.
I agree with everything you said serge, that's why i said that Alex became a WC finsher especially late in his career.

Jojo is similar to Alex in the playing style, could he grow to became the finisher Alex was, i hope so if we get him.

May 22, 2007
As I said before, look for a player who looks for the goal, not the ball. We don't need 3 good SS and no reliable scorers.

We need someone who knows how to position himself in order to score goals, who can run off the ball, get the easy goals, who can head in a cross when Isla, Armero hit them, who can run in the right time when Pirlo hits one of his passes, who doesn't run after the balls that Vucinic/Giovinco go after and most importantly who doesn't need waste plenty of opportunities before scoring 1.
You're right, and I feel like I've been repeating myself rather excessively about this. We've had a season under Conte and we've learned that the team creates a lot of chances and our top scorer turned out to be a centre forward that scored 10 goals. And he had a habit of missing some easy chances.

Juventus haven't even replaced Trezeguet yet, it's been two years ffs. Put some effort in, Beppe.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Here is something else to consider, and I don't think this can be overstated.

You have to look at it as not only a move for on the pitch, but for off the pitch as well.

think about this.

When these teams are brought up, who is the first player that immediately comes to mind to not only the most ardent of football fans, but even the casual ones as well.

barcelona
Real madrid
Milan (Now PSG)
Man City
Man United
Arsenal

9 times out of 10, the answer is going to be Messi, Ronaldo, Ibra, Aguero/Tevez, rooney, and Van persie.

In fact, for Juve, you have to go back to the days of Platini when a forward was not the names on the lips of football supporters when talking about Juventus.

It's always the forwards who are the face of a club, the bandiera, the shirt seller.

I don't think that this aspect has not crossed the minds of everyone involved at juventus from a financial perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 96)