Stevan Jovetic - Forward - Fiorentina (110 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
There is not much for me to say, except that any tribunal system where you are guilty until proven innocent is the antithesis of what the justice system should be.

But I will say this.

Anyone who thinks that they are doing this to "Get Juve" are out of their minds. The fact that Conte and these players are now at juve while this is going on is purely coincedental. It just so happens that these are the biggest names embroiled in this scandal. If they were really trying to get at juve, they would have drummed up something on current Juve players who were playing for Juve at the time this all went down.

There are many other players and teams that are all wrapped up in this as well.

And I am not going to speak on fans of other teams ill conceived notions that juve are now "Cheaters" again because of this, because it is obvious that they are blinded by hatred and completely ignorant and/or stupid.
If Conte gets suspended for any duration of time, which will probably be 4+ months from what I hear...we are in dire need of a game changer. Conte masterminds our games from the touchline, but without him there we will really need a player capable of changing a game on hits head with little to no instruction.

We have no pure goal scorer yet, and the possibility that we need to hit the market for another CB is freightening to say the least. I feel our market just got a lot more complicated.

Buy on AliExpress.com

electricRoo

Feb 27, 2011
Having Giovinco, Jovetic and Vucinic in attack would actually be very interesting to see, I don't see the issue. All of them can score, all of them can make something out of nothing, just because one of them is not a big guy doesn't mean our attack is toothless. Besides, I'm not a big fan of unskilled tree trunks in attack, as fond of Trez as I am.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If Conte gets suspended for any duration of time, which will probably be 4+ months from what I hear...we are in dire need of a game changer. Conte masterminds our games from the touchline, but without him there we will really need a player capable of changing a game on hits head with little to no instruction.

We have no pure goal scorer yet, and the possibility that we need to hit the market for another CB is freightening to say the least. I feel our market just got a lot more complicated.
If Juve acquire Armero, it makes things a little easier, as this will solidify the 3-5-2 formation, but another CB will definitely be required, unless they have the utmost faith in Masi, which I'm not entirely sure that they do, with good reasoning, seeing as he is only 19 years old at this point, and even with the luxury of having Barzagli and Chiellini beside you, it is still a great responsibility in covering that much of the pitch in a 3-5-2.

I think that you will find that juve will go fishing for a 2nd tier CB to cover this, as there are enough players in the rest of the formation to cover any deficiencies said player will have. I just don't think that they could trust Masi just yet, although it would be the ballsiest of moves if they did.

As far as the striker position goes, well that kinda goes without saying about the need to upgrade it. I really can't add anything more to what has already been said.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Having Giovinco, Jovetic and Vucinic in attack would actually be very interesting to see, I don't see the issue. All of them can score, all of them can make something out of nothing, just because one of them is not a big guy doesn't mean our attack is toothless. Besides, I'm not a big fan of unskilled tree trunks in attack, as fond of Trez as I am.
True.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Except that a Dzeko, for example, is as far removed from an unskilled tree trunk as you can get in this current market. If no other names were mentioned, and Dzeko were the primary target since the beginning, and if Juve were to acquire him, it would be looked at a lot more positively.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Good post..Agree with you..:)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
If Juve acquire Armero, it makes things a little easier, as this will solidify the 3-5-2 formation, but another CB will definitely be required, unless they have the utmost faith in Masi, which I'm not entirely sure that they do, with good reasoning, seeing as he is only 19 years old at this point, and even with the luxury of having Barzagli and Chiellini beside you, it is still a great responsibility in covering that much of the pitch in a 3-5-2.

I think that you will find that juve will go fishing for a 2nd tier CB to cover this, as there are enough players in the rest of the formation to cover any deficiencies said player will have. I just don't think that they could trust Masi just yet, although it would be the ballsiest of moves if they did.

As far as the striker position goes, well that kinda goes without saying about the need to upgrade it. I really can't add anything more to what has already been said.
Keeping Masi would be bold, even by my standards. :D

Caceres needs to get fit ASAP. I can't help but think they might be considering Marrone there since he apparently played there against ze germans this week? I think they are pondering their next market moves carefully knowing the rest of the budget was likely going to Armero and a striker.

I know this might get flamed but...stay with 433 and use Armero as a LB? That way we have Lucio, Chiellini and Barzagli in rotation for the first couple months until Caceres is fit to join the rotation might not be a bad idea.

Isla won't get wasted, he can play in the Pepe role and we stick to what worked last year...just no DC or Pepe.

Our CM set-up won't change at all.

Jul 1, 2010
Good for him.

He's also 3 years older, was not coming off of a torn ACL, and scored one more goal while playing 9 more games than Jovetic

Now it's your turn to "deal with it"
And 8 assists more.

He also led Parma to 8th place with a very shitty team.

I'm being arrogant because people here dismiss Giovinco as if he were a mediocre player. That's just nonsense, and you know it.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
And last year was Giovinco's as well

Your point being?
overrating jovetic to the pount that you want him at any cost, while underrating a player we already own who plays the same position, and has better stats than jovetic.

It is also worth noting thag you thought aquilani was a genius signing. Therefore you have a history of bad decision making

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
overrating jovetic to the pount that you want him at any cost, while underrating a player we already own who plays the same position, and has better stats than jovetic.

It is also worth noting thag you thought aquilani was a genius signing. Therefore you have a history of bad decision making
I never underrated Giovinco. I believe that Jovetic is the better player.

And I have a "bad history of decision making" because of one player?

Oh, that's brilliant. just brilliant. As i am sure that every single player that you have rated have worked out splendidly.

---------- Post added 29.07.2012 at 13:43 ----------

And 8 assists more.

He also led Parma to 8th place with a very shitty team.

I'm being arrogant because people here dismiss Giovinco as if he were a mediocre player. That's just nonsense, and you know it.
Again, good for him. I'm glad that he's back. I've stated this before.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
No one really expected Aquilani to bomb as bad as he did.

---------- Post added 29.07.2012 at 13:51 ----------

Dusan and Motta though...now that was good. :D:D

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
"I hoped and I hope that the player stays in Florence. Stevan is a player that significantly raises the rate of technical team. The President on his future was clear, so you'll have less work and we can all concentrate on other things. "

Montella.

Someone sounds pissed off and worried :lol:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I never underrated Giovinco. I believe that Jovetic is the better player.

And I have a "bad history of decision making" because of one player?

Oh, that's brilliant. just brilliant. As i am sure that every single player that you have rated have worked out splendidly.

Actually everysingle player that I have rated turned out to be great. History has proven me ri ght.

U perturbed?

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
"I hoped and I hope that the player stays in Florence. Stevan is a player that significantly raises the rate of technical team. The President on his future was clear, so you'll have less work and we can all concentrate on other things. "

Montella.

Someone sounds pissed off and worried :lol:
I love it!!!!

Jul 20, 2012
If Jovetic is our top signing i quit. Jovetic is not a Cf and yet idk why Marotta keeps going after him. So what if hes a young talent? He wont fill the role of the Cf in which we need right now. We dont have the money to be wasting on talents, we need a pure scorer. If we get Jovetic then we will keep Matri and have Jovetic, Matri, Giovinco, Vucinic, and maybe Quags or Pazzini. Then everyone on this forum will be crying because we wont have a striker who can score 20+ goals

Jul 1, 2010
If Jovetic is our top signing i quit. Jovetic is not a Cf and yet idk why Marotta keeps going after him. So what if hes a young talent? He wont fill the role of the Cf in which we need right now. We dont have the money to be wasting on talents, we need a pure scorer. If we get Jovetic then we will keep Matri and have Jovetic, Matri, Giovinco, Vucinic, and maybe Quags or Pazzini. Then everyone on this forum will be crying because we wont have a striker who can score 20+ goals
Agreed.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Del Piero was not a CF but scored 20 goals most seasons.

Jovetic is of that ilk.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
We buy Jojo, sell Matri, sell Quag and then buy Dzeko. Easier said then done though :sigh:

Either ways Jojo is much much much better than acquiring no more than a Pazzo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 110)