Stevan Jovetic - Forward - Fiorentina (119 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
We need to go back to basics and develop youth, making quality signings here and there....and i think that so far we have done ok with this. Sadly, the world beater striker will not come this season once again, so we will have to find alternatives of our own....

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I think most of us still aren't aware just how unattractive serie A became, especially to players who play for Barca, Real or the big EPL teams. Even super rich teams from unattractive leagues (PSG) would find it seriously hard to get a star player from Real, Barca, Arsenal, City, United, Chelsea, even Liverpool.

Imo it's pretty obvious that our most realistic chance for signing good/great players is if they are youngish and based in serie A. Players like Lavezzi, Sanchez and Pastore last year, Cavani and Jovetic. Even here we will find it extremely hard if other big and richer teams show interest, as it was the case with Sanchez, Pastore and Lavezzi, or will probably be the case with Cavani and from next year with Jovetic.

That is why I find it silly when people start saying how we don't need Jovetic, we need a top CF like RVP, Dzeko, Torres and Higuain etc. Yeah, we do need those players, but good luck getting them. When a chance occurs to buy someone who is really good and has all the predispositions to become great, you simply buy him even if the position is covered right now. That's what we did with Isla and we'll be crazy if we don't do it with Jo-Jo, assuming that we stand a chance in buying him. Our only chance to get great players, especially strikers, is either to produce them, to buy them when they are really young or to get them from serie A.
Be careful now, or Trequartista will accuse you of wanting players based on "fapping instinct, not reason." It's his new favorite phrase for the month of July :D

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
-
i actually think the opposite , the one who will become a middle team player is immobile
I believe Gabbiadini is going to be great for us. I think Immobile is a bit more mature and developed right now and we could use him in our first team. We only have one CF and he could be useful.

I hope Gabbiadini can prove himself this year at Bologna...actually...have even signed him yet? I don't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 119)