Stevan Jovetic - Forward - Fiorentina (116 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
right now i'm listening to a live recording of "Lazy". It's not the Made in Japan version, and I haven't been able to find it anywhere. It's from this Platinum Collection I got from my old man a few years back - i wouldn't hesitate to put in the top 10 of live performances in rock n roll history. Jon Lord tearing it up :touched:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I think most of us still aren't aware just how unattractive serie A became, especially to players who play for Barca, Real or the big EPL teams. Even super rich teams from unattractive leagues (PSG) would find it seriously hard to get a star player from Real, Barca, Arsenal, City, United, Chelsea, even Liverpool.

Imo it's pretty obvious that our most realistic chance for signing good/great players is if they are youngish and based in serie A. Players like Lavezzi, Sanchez and Pastore last year, Cavani and Jovetic. Even here we will find it extremely hard if other big and richer teams show interest, as it was the case with Sanchez, Pastore and Lavezzi, or will probably be the case with Cavani and from next year with Jovetic.

That is why I find it silly when people start saying how we don't need Jovetic, we need a top CF like RVP, Dzeko, Torres and Higuain etc. Yeah, we do need those players, but good luck getting them. When a chance occurs to buy someone who is really good and has all the predispositions to become great, you simply buy him even if the position is covered right now. That's what we did with Isla and we'll be crazy if we don't do it with Jo-Jo, assuming that we stand a chance in buying him. Our only chance to get great players, especially strikers, is either to produce them, to buy them when they are really young or to get them from serie A.

juve901

The Strategist
Jul 8, 2008
I think most of us still aren't aware just how unattractive serie A became, especially to players who play for Barca, Real or the big EPL teams. Even super rich teams from unattractive leagues (PSG) would find it seriously hard to get a star player from Real, Barca, Arsenal, City, United, Chelsea, even Liverpool.

Imo it's pretty obvious that our most realistic chance for signing good/great players is if they are youngish and based in serie A. Players like Lavezzi, Sanchez and Pastore last year, Cavani and Jovetic. Even here we will find it extremely hard if other big and richer teams show interest, as it was the case with Sanchez, Pastore and Lavezzi, or will probably be the case with Cavani and from next year with Jovetic.
I agree with this part of what you said. And this strategy would work, but our DS would have to make these signings straight away right when the transfer windows open -- however, that's not Marotta's way of working... he waits until the bottom half of the transfer window and the last weeks in order to get a bargain deal or as an attempt to drive a Champions price down (which never happens). What winds up happening is while he thinks the longer time goes on and the price will drop - someone else comes in and swoops the player with a reasonable offer.

Marotta hasn't realized that it results in either that player then being picked up before us by a bigger and more attractive club in another league the longer we play around and be coy and wait, like Aguero, Pastore, Sanchez, Dzeko, etc.; and, then we are left with buying an in-form good player, like Matri, but buying for way more than he's worth because we waited until the last hour.. or bringing in an out-of-form charity-case like Toni or Borriello.

We need to work aggressively at the beginning of the market like we did with vidal, Asamoah, Isla and pogba.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

That is why I find it silly when people start saying how we don't need Jovetic, we need a top CF like RVP, Dzeko, Torres and Higuain etc. Yeah, we do need those players, but good luck getting them. When a chance occurs to buy someone who is really good and has all the predispositions to become great, you simply buy him even if the position is covered right now. That's what we did with Isla and we'll be crazy if we don't do it with Jo-Jo, assuming that we stand a chance in buying him. Our only chance to get great players, especially strikers, is either to produce them, to buy them when they are really young or to get them from serie A.

Indeed, this dose of reality will be completely ignored by this fapping mass though, they will go back to spewing "fuck him, I hope his balls shrivel and we cripple him in CL game blablabla" whenever it becomes apparent a non Serie A quality player is hardly interesting to come to Serie A.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Indeed, this dose of reality will be completely ignored by this fapping mass though, they will go back to spewing "fuck him, I hope his balls shrivel and we cripple him in CL game blablabla" whenever it becomes apparent a non Serie A quality player is hardly interesting to come to Serie A.
I'll exaggerate a little, but a Real Madrid or City star player joining Juventus (even if his team is willing to sell) is almost like a Juve star joining Ajax. That's how big the difference between EPL and serie A became in terms of money and attractiveness. We have the history and the big name, as does Ajax, but the situation our league is in, as well as the financial power, makes us really unattractive to those who experience the lights of the EPL and the greatness that surrounds the big two in Spain.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Reposting what other so called experts are guessing is what it takes to become a guru around here. It's been said countless times before, but until you see the player signing the contract don't believe a thing.
I don't completely distrust what is said, but people take the gurus too seriously.

I think they are often right about who Juve are considering/talking too, but it's silly to believe most of that claims of 'done deals'.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
That's one thing that annoys me to no end. "Fuck him, he choose City....fuck him he choose money over Juve"...blah blah blah.

lol

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
That's one thing that annoys me to no end. "Fuck him, he choose City....fuck him he choose money over Juve"...blah blah blah.

lol
Going back to the Dzeko transfer obviously. :D

---------- Post added 27.07.2012 at 20:19 ----------

I'll exaggerate a little, but a Real Madrid or City star player joining Juventus (even if his team is willing to sell) is almost like a Juve star joining Ajax. That's how big the difference between EPL and serie A became in terms of money and attractiveness. We have the history and the big name, as does Ajax, but the situation our league is in, as well as the financial power, makes us really unattractive to those who experience the lights of the EPL and the greatness that surrounds the big two in Spain.
It's all a phase really. This gap can be bridged when the biggies Italy decide to approach the game in a more organised fashion from the grassroots level. And understand the impoirtance of consumers farther than their previous comfort zones like the US. A large reason for why the Epl is successful is because of their ability to Market their product farther and better than competing leagues. They've also been the first people to tap the Asian markets on the levels that they have. When you are saleable like that around the world, you're bound to attract more attention. The Serie a unfortunately has stuck to it's geographical boundaries, trying to let their brand of football sell itself. This trend has to change, coupled with better infrastructure and preseason tours across the world.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
This.

We need to finally accept times have changed. Just look at Milan...they are our counterpart, a team which was a powerhouse in europe 5 years ago or so. Now, look at us. We are trying to re-emerge as the team we were once upon a time, and Milan, with the sale of the biggest stars are now relying on a not so young Cassano and the possibly sign of a former hero (kaka) who maybe will never be the same. We are the presentation card of our league,,,and to be sincere we dont look THAT appealing in comparison with the most famous teams form the EPL and la Liga.

We can say all what we want about bundesliga and Lihue 1, but the reality is that everyday that passes, Serie A becomes more and more unnatractive and weak.

If i were Aguero or any top dude, i would not find any single reason to come to Juventus, unless im a big fan of the team (this almostnever happens), or im being frozen in my current team and want to revive my career (Dzeko, Kaka etc).

This league needs to improve a whole lot if we want to get this kind of players.... because there is no point in getting hyped for a signing.... when there are other top teams who can offer to that very same player 3x the money than us.

Its a no brainer for those players... really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 116)