Stevan Jovetic - Forward - Fiorentina (111 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Its all changing with these suspensions though. Suddenly, our entire market plan has been turned on its head.
Of course it is changing but these guidelines I listed are not changing at all. Luckily we still have time to cover for the losses of Conte, Pepe and Bonucci but don't expect miracles nor titles in the coming years.

He surely didn't follow this promise of his. In two occasions he was forced to accept the selling club's demand (Quag and Matri) because we had no time and we had to react. But he broke this promise last year too with Vucinic. Roma were claiming how they don't intend to sell Mirko for less than 15m and they might accept a direct swap with Marchisio. Juve were pushing for a 12m eur tops purchase, yet in the end Aguero went to City and we paid those demanded 15m euro.
That's true but he only accepts the demands when in a panic situation, Matri and Quagliarella were panic buys even though I like both players, same can be said about Vucinic and it happens that I love the player too. But soon we will panic buy players no one but a couple of members like because of the recent court events.

---------- Post added 26.07.2012 at 23:35 ----------

Marotta only breaks his promise and has a hard on when it involves some shitty over rated Italian striker. All of a sudden he becomes adept at overspending.

5 million here, 3 million there, 5 million on Padoin, 13 million on Martinez, that kinda shit.

But 30 Million for JoJo? Heck no! Let's pay 18 million for Matri instead :tup:
I don't buy the shitty overrated Italian thing, he breaks his promise when in a panic situation, it happens to be that in panic situations the available players are shitty overrated players playing in mediocre Italian clubs. Martinez is not Italian.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
This is End of Jo Jo Dream?
50-50 I'd say.

It's not a coincidence that Marotta finally mentioned Jovetic only hours after Della Valle said that JoJo is off the market.

There are two possibilities imo:
- Fiorentina are seriously taking Jovetic off the market and unless a really huge offer comes, they don't intend to sell and they want to build the team around him.

- The second possibility is imo closer to what happens. There definitely were negotiations and quite serious ones at that. Now these are only negotiating tactics. As Baggio above said, Marotta is calling DV's bluff. Juve might have never made a 25m eur bid and Della Valle is lying that someone did. With that he's putting an "invented bidder" into the negotiations and he says to Marotta that even 25m eur won't be enough. DV is probably aware of the contacts Juve had with Jovetic and he knows that Marotta expects JoJo to do the dirty work and try to lower the price. That's why he says "Fuck you, Jovetic is off the market", indirectly telling Marotta that he won't allow such dirty games. Marotta on the other hand immediately called the bluff and so the game continues. How will it end, we can't tell now.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Of course it is changing but these guidelines I listed are not changing at all. Luckily we still have time to cover for the losses of Conte, Pepe and Bonucci but don't expect miracles nor titles in the coming years.
I think we will win the league this year. Will be tough without a top striker, but we did it last year with a much less weaker team and now we added great depth.

Milan, our closest rivals seriously weakened themselves with their two best players. I think all competitions in Italy are within our reach. CL obviously not. I think we will get eliminated in the knockouts. That's just my guess.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
- The second possibility is imo closer to what happens. There definitely were negotiations and quite serious ones at that. Now these are only negotiating tactics. As Baggio above said, Marotta is calling DV's bluff. Juve might have never made a 25m eur bid and Della Valle is lying that someone did. With that he's putting an "invented bidder" into the negotiations and he says to Marotta that even 25m eur won't be enough. DV is probably aware of the contacts Juve had with Jovetic and he knows that Marotta expects JoJo to do the dirty work and try to lower the price. That's why he says "Fuck you, Jovetic is off the market", indirectly telling Marotta that he won't allow such dirty games. Marotta on the other hand immediately called the bluff and so the game continues. How will it end, we can't tell now.
Gotta love the mercato. :D

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
As things stand, I am preparing myself for disappointment next season. Humiliation in the CL (1-4 Bayern anyone?!), and a very tough challenge in Serie A!
Now that is being super pessimistic.
With this current squad im prety sure we can kick some asses, bar the top dudes.

In Italy, we are even stronger and our main rival got weaker by selling their one man army Ibra.
Im more concerned about Napoli with Cavani and Insigne(im pretty sure he will bomb the Serie A next season) than with Milan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 111)