Stevan Jovetic - Forward - Fiorentina (71 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
The two would be usely used as wingers on paper of a 4-3-3 but I would imagine a fair degree of freedom and linkage to make runs for Pirlo balls that can either be through on goal or crosses for the Strikers.

Jojo and Gio on the pitch would perhaps be slightly too fluid perhaps it will be Vucinic/Gio Jojo/Pepe as the two sort of rigid and two sort of fluid players with can be put in several combinations. I believe that the striker will remain a constant in their role in a 433 and indeed 352 with wing-fluidity in the 4-3-3 and a free role behind the striker in a 3-5-2 :)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Gazzetta and the other newspapers are right that Jovetic agreed all the details with Juve and he's strongly pushing for a transfer. But there is a problem they're not mentioning. Apparently Juve don't want to come even close to the 30m eur price tag and according to some sources from Montenegro Juve are actually not moving above 20m eur. That's the main problem so far. We're trying to take full advantage of Jo-Jo's strong desire to leave Fiorentina.

Personally I feel that we're delaying this transfer mostly because we're waiting what's gonna happen on the RVP front.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I still don`t get it. Is Persie or Jovetic our prime target?

Or we don`t know, yet?
We here have no idea and we can only assume.

It's normal to be working on more than one striker so we won't find ourselves in zeitnot, the way it happened back in 2010 when we were forced to overpay in the last day for Quag after the other strikers rejected us. Logically, I'd say RVP is our prime target but we're aware that it's very hard to get that guy so we're working on other strikers too.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Don’t sell Jovetic, warns Dunga
By Football Italia staff

Former Fiorentina midfielder Carlos Dunga has warned the Viola over the dangers of selling star player Stevan Jovetic.

Speaking in an interview with Tuttojuve.com, the Brazilian World Cup winner was asked for his opinion on the transfer links with Juventus.

A player like Jovetic would certainly be important,” Dunga, who played in over 100 games for the Tuscan side during a four-year spell, noted.

But if I put myself in the shoes of Fiorentina, I think that a team who wants to compete can’t sell its best player, because we are talking about a player of great quality.”

Despite Juventus’ undefeated run last season, question marks remain over their lack of a prolific centre-forward.

As a result, the potential arrival on the Montenegrin has led to suggestions that boss Antonio Conte could employ a 'Barcelona style’ attack with the 22-year-old.

It always depends on games and the situations that arrives, sometimes this formation can be useful. But, I don’t think you can face a campaign without a real striker. It's a risk you can’t run.”

Dunga, whose last spell as a Coach was with Brazil’s national team in 2010, also commented on reports that Luca Marrone could move to Florence as part of a deal for Jo-Jo.

He is a good midfielder, but is still very young and I would wait before judging him.”

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Jovetic to request Juventus move

Stevan Jovetic will meet with Fiorentina president Andrea Della Valle on Wednesday to request a summer transfer to Juventus, La Gazzetta dello Sport reports.

The Serie A champions are keen to add the Montenegro international to their attacking ranks ahead of the 2012-13 campaign, but they have so far been unable to reach an agreement with the Viola.

Juventus' first offer of €13 million plus Alessandro Matri and Michele Pazienza was swiftly turned down by Fiorentina, who are holding out for a fee of €30m.

Both sides appeared to be nearing an accord when the Viola asked for the inclusion of young midfielder Luca Marrone into the deal, but it is believed that Jovetic is still not confident that both clubs will reach an agreement.

He has therefore requested a meeting with Fiorentina's president to inform his employers of his desire to move to the Old Lady.
Same thing which was posted earlier today ,but a much better translated version.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Interesting.....

What he can accomplish with that?. Maybe a price tag reduction on the deal? Or della valle is not obliged to reduce his price if he doesnt want?¿

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Don’t sell Jovetic, warns Dunga
By Football Italia staff

Former Fiorentina midfielder Carlos Dunga has warned the Viola over the dangers of selling star player Stevan Jovetic.

Speaking in an interview with Tuttojuve.com, the Brazilian World Cup winner was asked for his opinion on the transfer links with Juventus.

A player like Jovetic would certainly be important,” Dunga, who played in over 100 games for the Tuscan side during a four-year spell, noted.

But if I put myself in the shoes of Fiorentina, I think that a team who wants to compete can’t sell its best player, because we are talking about a player of great quality.”

Despite Juventus’ undefeated run last season, question marks remain over their lack of a prolific centre-forward.

As a result, the potential arrival on the Montenegrin has led to suggestions that boss Antonio Conte could employ a 'Barcelona style’ attack with the 22-year-old.

It always depends on games and the situations that arrives, sometimes this formation can be useful. But, I don’t think you can face a campaign without a real striker. It's a risk you can’t run.”

Dunga, whose last spell as a Coach was with Brazil’s national team in 2010, also commented on reports that Luca Marrone could move to Florence as part of a deal for Jo-Jo.

He is a good midfielder, but is still very young and I would wait before judging him.”
Seriously, since when is a 4-3-3 without a st suddenly "barcelona style attack"

fuck that, seriously, so many teams have used that since the 70ties

if you really want to name it, its the "classic ayax style 4-3-3"

fucking bitchcrap mes que un cunt disgusting fanboyism,

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Interesting.....

What he can accomplish with that?. Maybe a price tag reduction on the deal? Or della valle is not obliged to reduce his price if he doesnt want?¿
Exhibit A: Alexis Sanchez last season. He only wanted to move to Barcelona, and they ended up getting a better deal than other clubs who were in for him, because Sanchez pushed hard for the deal (I think it was mainly City tho).

I do think if Jovetic pushes for this deal to go through, it might shave a couple of million (2-3) off the asking price, but not that much. We can close the deal for 23 Million + co-ownership of Marrone. Marotta shouldn't penny pinch over 2-3 Million Euros. That's half a Padoin right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)