Stevan Jovetic - Forward - Fiorentina (85 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
They don't want to contract Polio I guess :p

---------- Post added 24.07.2012 at 21:58 ----------

It basically says Marrone is open to the idea of joining Fiorentina, seeing as he is unlikely to get a lot of playing time at Juventus, and might be included in the deal (co-ownership) to bring Jovetic to Juventus. It also goes on to say that Montella likes him, and would like to have him at his disposal.
Cheers B man :tup:

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
€4m is far too low, considering Boakye and Immobile have both been valued at €8m recently through transfers. I know strikers cost more but Marrone is currently more established and ready for Serie A football, he has to be worth the same.

immobile scored 28 goals in serie b , boakye had his first apperance at 17 with genoa and in 3 matches scored 1 goal in serie a also he had 30+ matches in serie b last season some starting from the bench , but still managed to score 12 goals . marrone in confront has much less experience . You can compare him to sorensen he has 17 apperances in a , marrone has 18 in b at like 5 in a so his value is not over 5 mil

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
If you are judging just on games, but remember Sorensen only came in because of an injury crisis. Marrone is older and more mature, lots of teams would take him. Who wants Sorensen?

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
If you are judging just on games, but remember Sorensen only came in because of an injury crisis. Marrone is older and more mature, lots of teams would take him. Who wants Sorensen?
Yes , but at least he played , on the other hand marrone hasn't had the chance to prove himself

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
you disgust me,
stop the freakin hating will ya?

I was referring to the goal.com article, someone posted:
''The Turin giants saw their previous bid of €13 million plus Alessandro Matri and Michele Pazienza turned down by the Viola, who were initially holding out for a transfer fee of €30m.
However, Fiorentina could now accept an offer in the region of €22m plus 50 per cent of the economical rights of Marrone"

I thought you were not thaaat stupid, 30-22=8=50%Marrone => 100% = 50%+50% = 8+8=16

Geez... this is why i am forced to write long posts...
All that is mathematically correct, but way too simplified and looked at from today's perspective.

Imo, this is the catch:
13m+Matri+Pazienza might actually be more than 30m eur right now. But Fiorentina refused it for a simple reason. Matri and Pazienza together earn even more than Jovetic. That means they need to pay more money for wages. After a year or two, if they decide to sell Matri and Pazienza, they might get at most 8m eur or so. That means (13m they get now)+(8m they will get in 2 years)-(some 2m eur more they'll pay for wages) = 19m eur. They calculated that they'll get only 19m eur if they accept the 13m+Matri+Pazenza deal, even if at this very moment 13m+Matri+Pazienza is actually worth 30m.

Now, 22m+half of Marrone. At this moment it's around 26m eur, which is less than 13m+Matri+Pazienza. But Fiorentina know that Marrone is quality, they know that he's young and sellable after 2 or 3 years and on top of it he'll earn three times less than Jovetic. If Marrone develops as they expect, they might get even 10m eur for his half in two years and that means: 22m+10m+2m they will save on wages = 34m eur from Jovetic.

You get what I mean? :D

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
The good: If Marrone and viola accept...we will get jovetic
The bad: They seem to be interested in marrone...and in one or 2 years when the co-own will have to be resolved, im prety sure we will have to unload hardcore money to get him back, like with Gio, and maybe this time we will not be able to do so.

In short.... if he goes to fiorentina, i think he will be gone for good.

We get Jojo which is much more valuable... but well marrone seemed like a bianconero thru and thru and will be a shame to lose him without even knowing how good he was.

Its a bitter sweet deal, taking in consideration we have some good SS but no one who can remotely play on the Pirlo´s position, and even when we dont know if marrone is capable of doing so, the guy promised something.

Lets hope this deal will not explode in our faces later.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The good: If Marrone and viola accept...we will get jovetic
The bad: They seem to be interested in marrone...and in one or 2 years when the co-own will have to be resolved, im prety sure we will have to unload hardcore money to get him back, like with Gio, and maybe this time we will not be able to do so.

In short.... if he goes to fiorentina, i think he will be gone for good.

We get Jojo which is much more valuable... but well marrone seemed like a bianconero thru and thru and will be a shame to lose him without even knowing how good he was.

Its a bitter sweet deal, taking in consideration we have some good SS but no one who can remotely play on the Pirlo´s position, and even when we dont know if marrone is capable of doing so, the guy promised something.

Lets hope this deal will not explode in our faces later.
The only way that this deal explodes is if JoJo is an unmitigated disaster at Juve

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
All that is mathematically correct, but way too simplified and looked at from today's perspective.

Imo, this is the catch:
13m+Matri+Pazienza might actually be more than 30m eur right now. But Fiorentina refused it for a simple reason. Matri and Pazienza together earn even more than Jovetic. That means they need to pay more money for wages. After a year or two, if they decide to sell Matri and Pazienza, they might get at most 8m eur or so. That means (13m they get now)+(8m they will get in 2 years)-(some 2m eur more they'll pay for wages) = 19m eur. They calculated that they'll get only 19m eur if they accept the 13m+Matri+Pazenza deal, even if at this very moment 13m+Matri+Pazienza is actually worth 30m.

Now, 22m+half of Marrone. At this moment it's around 26m eur, which is less than 13m+Matri+Pazienza. But Fiorentina know that Marrone is quality, they know that he's young and sellable after 2 or 3 years and on top of it he'll earn three times less than Jovetic. If Marrone develops as they expect, they might get even 10m eur for his half in two years and that means: 22m+10m+2m they will save on wages = 34m eur from Jovetic.

You get what I mean? :D
It is simplified, but some ppl still have difficulties to follow...

Indeed, that offer would be worthy of more value overall, but they dont seem to rate Matri and indeed they want to avoid those salaries.
I think that Jack is right and its prolly media BS, but if its true that they have asked for Marrone, then we a strong bargain chip.

If we were to buy him from them, after a display like the one he displayed vs Inter, they would force us to play about 10-15mil.
I think that they will try to pull a new Giovinco on us, smth like you described, force us to pay much more money for his half in a couple of years from now.
Look how much we have spend for Gioivinco's half now, like he is worthy more than 20mil...

Thats why i hope that we will avoid the co own deals, Marotta is owned big time there, as you have assumed, we might end paying way more than 30mil in the end.
So i d prefer to negotiate his full contract. If they are ready to make an 8mil reduction for half of his contract, based on the fact that we will buy him back.
Hopefully for his full contract, we will achieve a better reduction (hopefully above 10mil, not that they would spend that cash, but as a reduction its easier to negotiate) and lose less money as well, when we will buy him back.
(as i dont think that we would spend 22mil to buy back Giovinco, of course there are no limits to Marotta's stupidity, the man has spent 13 mil on Martinez...)

If we spend less than 20mil, with Matri sale or Giovinco's trade, we would achieve a great finisher capture too.
IMO it is imperative to capture a great finisher this year, the extra SS and CM are just luxuries, so i d sacrifice some to secure our priority.
If we spend more than 20mil on Jovetic, we might not have the money to buy the starter finisher we need the most.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
The only way that this deal explodes is if JoJo is an unmitigated disaster at Juve
yeh yeh i know, He is quality and he will not flop unless he gets a kakaesque injury that royally fucks him.

But is just that i dont like totally the idea of wasting all our budget in someone we know we dont need (at least not like a CF). Its money well spent, but still....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 85)