Stevan Jovetic - Forward - Fiorentina (34 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Of course we are going to own Barcelona and Madrid, City, Chelsea, United, and Bayern :howler: :lol:

Quality always prevails in the end. Our attack is vastly inferior to all those teams I mentioned! At the end of the day, if we played the aforementioned teams, we'd lose 8 or 9 times out of 10! We need to put things into perspective; we won a weak Serie A, but the CL is a whole different ball game, so people who firmly believe we can challenge the big guns, need to get a grip on reality. A forward line comprising the likes of Matri and Quag isn't going to cut it in continental competitions.

Quality names = Titles!

Bayern have Robben and Ribery in their attacking third. City have Tevez, Aguero, and Silva. United have Rooney and Nani. Barcelona have Messi (I don't need to mention anyone else really), and Madrid have Ronaldo (Nuff said)! Chelsea had a Drogba beasting in Europe, and Torress (who is coming back into form).

Now, tell me who we have in our attacking department that can stack up to those guys?! Absolutely no one. We are not asking for big names for the sake of it (and Jovetic isn't really a big name yet), but because we wish to bridge the gap. A strong team ethic, some good players, and a good coach can only get you so far. However, it's highly unlikely to win you a title (and please don't mention last season's scudetto).
This post makes sense. The players we have, and others like Destro and Pazzini, are going to get us no where in Europe. Ultimately football is about scoring goals, and in the most competitive football of all, the Champions League, you need the cream of the crop to get to the latter stages of the competition. Average or above average will only get you so far and leave you wondering what could have been.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Bolded part: This is true:D

I do see how Matri would be strong in this team this season but only because he will have the players all around him doing the dirty work and handing him the ball on a silver platter. All he would really need to do this season is ensure he is in the right positions in and around the box and be fed by Pirlo, Marchisio, Vidal, etc and have oozes of crosses by isla/armero (if we get him). But, at the end of the day, when the team is not clicking we need a game changer. He isn't one. Hopefully Giovinco/Mirko are up to the task this season but thats one of the sole reasons why I would want Jovetic here.

Some players on this planet don't need the other 10 players to change a game, some can do it on their own. I believe Jovetic is one and at only 22 years old he has so much $#@!ing room to grow its ridiculous. He would be in a well established and hardworking team with chemistry and European competitions to grow from. He will be a monster in this team, guaranteed (providing no injuries).

I can see the need for a CF, I think it has been 3 years now that I've been saying we need one ( [Klin/]:cookie:[/Klin]), but in all honesty, I really think having Jovetic instead would work out just fine.
Exactly!

I believe that after comitting the same mistakes so many times in the past, we have learned our lesson.
We now know better than to trust all our budget on a new Amauri, Quaq, Matri, Vucinic type of compromise.
SSs decent all around, but not prolific finishers, not hard core CFs.
We have adept choices for creating, the clicking is there most of the team, the only thing that we lack one, is a guy who is really good at pushing that balls to the back of the net!

I m confident we will do the right choice this time. Yes i know we still have Marotta and he is still committing the same mistakes, but this time his hand is quided, the mistakes he commits are techical, not strategical, the choices are good, he may overpay or sell off, but there is a decent plan at hand, finally!

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
It's been over a week, but I need to say this again.

Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please

Make this happen.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
It's been over a week, but I need to say this again.

Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please

Make this happen.
I gotta say, even with all this CF talk...I still want Jovetic.

Our team, our front line, or wings all would take a massive step up in quality with him.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Canalemilan.it - Galliani offered 21-22M + Flamini for Jovetic to Prade yesterday. The alternative is Matri, depending on how Fiorentina take Galliani's offer.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
If Milan really want Jovetic, I think they will get him. They can make Fiorentina a better money-offer than we can, it's as simple as that.

And besides, after Pirlo, it's their turn to f*ck us.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
So is Cassano on his way out?

Come on Jovetic...make the right choice...DP needs a heir to the throne. You can fill the shoes.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I gotta say, even with all this CF talk...I still want Jovetic.

Our team, our front line, or wings all would take a massive step up in quality with him.
The question that needs to be presented is this.

With the available options out there for a CF, is said player the quality and potential of Jovetic?

Now, the only CF that I can think of that is AVAILABLE is RVP.

However, with Wenger's history, he will play out this soap opera until the very last minute, and time cannot be wasted waiting around for him to scrap enough money to buy Caramellos for everyone.

Higuain. Not Available
Cavani. Not Available
Torres. Not Available, unless they have the utmost faith in 19 year old Romelu Lukaku.
Tevez. Probably not availabe unless the obtain RVP
Dzeko. See Tevez

I don't want to see Juventus get a CF just for the sake of getting one.

Talent wins out 90% of the time, and if Conte is worth his salary, then he would find a way to make it work.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
If Milan really want Jovetic, I think they will get him. They can make Fiorentina a better money-offer than we can, it's as simple as that.

Juve has a better project. :touched:

We look better on paper I'd say to any prospect.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

Milan did that to themselves with Pirlo. Juve had nothing to do with that

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
No, but you know Galliani right? The way we've gotten to know him over the years. He will be pissed off that Juve benefited so much from his personal mistake. He always takes sh*t personal with Juve.
So he's going to try to get back at Juve for a mistake that he committed on his own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)