Stevan Jovetic - Forward - Fiorentina (27 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
If Matri leaves it better be for RVP or Cavani and not Jovetic. I doubt we'll sell Matri and then get JoJo and Destro.
True, Matri is the closest thing we have to a CF atm, the rest are mostly SSs, adding another one (Jovetic or Destro) wouldnt help usb as much as adding a better CF.
Even without Matri, we have plenty of SS options, for starters and subs, but no CF options, only Quaq could play there, but he can not play there for the whole season, and not as he primary role and def not without any kind of cover from a CF sub.
Matri should only be replaced by a CF.

If we want yet another SS, we should get rid one of Giovinco, Pepe or Giacche.
I really doubt that Matri's sale is tied to Jovetic's acquisition. We cant be that stupid...

(But we can be cunning enough to plot the Giovinco sale on Napoli after that and upgrading Giovinco and Matri with Jovetic and Cavani/Dzeko)

Buy on AliExpress.com

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
but your X million Euros + Matri + Joe the Plumber is so much more doable.
If there is a person who can improve the squad by selling matri then he will be sold. He wouldn't be shipped off if a more suitable replacement to contes liking couldn't be purchased. That would hurt the squad not help it. So in turn no you don't just sell players even if they are out of favor without proper replacement

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I believe Conte is making a mistake by not counting on Matri (if he indeed doesn't count on him). I see Matri as a superior striker to Borriello and Quag. I wouldn't sell him and I'd count on him for the new season as one of the 4 forwards in the team.
But if Conte really prefers others to Matri, then I'd have to agree with Osman. In that case this is our only chance to sell him for good money. I disagree with Conte's choice, but he makes the choices and in that case selling is the only valid option.
So now Conte is making a mistake by selling Matri to fund another player...maybe Jovetic?

Trying to cover your tracks because you lied to us! :D :cry: :D

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
If there is a person who can improve the squad by selling matri then he will be sold. He wouldn't be shipped off if a more suitable replacement to contes liking couldn't be purchased. That would hurt the squad not help it. So in turn no you don't just sell players even if they are out of favor without proper replacement
how did you improve your squad by selling your only real striker for yet another SS?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
True, Matri is the closest thing we have to a CF atm, the rest are mostly SSs, adding another one (Jovetic or Destro) wouldnt help usb as much as adding a better CF.
Even without Matri, we have plenty of SS options, for starters and subs, but no CF options, only Quaq could play there, but he can not play there for the whole season, and not as he primary role and def not without any kind of cover from a CF sub.

I really doubt that Matri's sale is tied to Jovetic's acquisition. We cant be that stupid...

(But we can be cunning enough to plot the Giovinco sale on Napoli after that and upgrading Giovinco and Matri with Jovetic and Cavani/Dzeko)
Destro isn't a SS. That is irrelevant at this point, as he is going to Roma

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
So you believe he did it out of error not because he saw something he liked in the other strikers more
Yes he did.

It was an error. He had 2 good enough strikers to cope with the rest of the season but he not only requested to bring in a drop out...(which would have been ok IF del piero, matri and quags suddenly all got injured....) but also overused him even when he was underperforming and even when the other 2 strikers were ready to play.

The worst is that from the very beggining it was very clear that borrielo was not going to be "the" striker for us.... but Conte insisted in wasting minutes in him.

FAIL.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
Yes he did.

It was an error. He had 2 good enough strikers to cope with the rest of the season but he not only requested to bring in a drop out...(which would have been ok IF del piero, matri and quags suddenly all got injured....) but also overused him even when he was underperforming and even when the other 2 strikers were ready to play.

The worst is that from the very beggining it was very clear that borrielo was not going to be "the" striker for us.... but Conte insisted in wasting minutes in him.

FAIL.
So no offense but I should value the opinion of forum members on this decision more so than the scudetto winning coach ?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Or you could look at this way:

Matri has completely fallen out of Conte's favour that even Boriello is preferred to him, a player that we didn't even purchase back from a loan. Conte probably thinks we could do better on the market and get someone better than the both of them.
Indeed.... but i think we can all agree that choosing borrielo over matri was pure ranieriesque stubborness

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I'm also reading that Galliani met Prade, not for Jovetic, but for Natali.
Natali is a free agent, so there would be no reason for Milan to speak to Fiorentina about him.

I believe Conte is making a mistake by not counting on Matri (if he indeed doesn't count on him). I see Matri as a superior striker to Borriello and Quag. I wouldn't sell him and I'd count on him for the new season as one of the 4 forwards in the team.
But if Conte really prefers others to Matri, then I'd have to agree with Osman. In that case this is our only chance to sell him for good money. I disagree with Conte's choice, but he makes the choices and in that case selling is the only valid option.
:tup:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
So no offense but I should value the opinion of forum members on this decision more so than the scudetto winning coach ?
Oh! the "winning coach" card!.

Believe what u will. But if u rate a tard like Borrielo more than Matri... or if u see in Borrielo more skill than all of our strikers, then i cannot help it. Borrielo was a mistake....and not Conte´s masterstroke.

I dont know what Conte saw, but everyone else, media and fans included...saw a benched matri while borrielo was running rampant game in game out. Heck, even the old del piero looked more dangerous than him.

But yeh, it seems winning scudetto is a good excuse to defend all judgement.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011

Believe what u will. But if u rate a tard like Borrielo more than Matri... or if u see in Borrielo more skill than all of our strikers, then i cannot help it. Borrielo was a mistake....and not Conte´s masterstroke.

I dont know what Conte saw, but everyone else, media and fans included...saw a benched matri while borrielo was running rampant game in game out. Heck, even the old del piero looked more dangerous than him.

But yeh, it seems than winning scudetto is a good excuse to defend all judgement.
What I rate is the fact that Conte sees in other strikers attributes that fit his style and scheme better and in the end that's all that matters

Socrates

Apr 2, 2012

But yeh, it seems winning scudetto is a good excuse to defend all judgement.
No offense but I would go with Conte's decision over yours, anybody on this forum and any mediawhore.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Della Valle: Jovetic is unsellable.

Hardball?
Well...if they want to play like this..... we will have to let them enjoy their jovetic the restof the mercato and then make a call to their offices when there is 2 hours left for the mercato to close. Maybe they will listen to us then....and if real madrid or any other big money team comes... then he was not meant for us.

---------- Post added 19.07.2012 at 15:04 ----------

What I rate is the fact that Conte sees in other strikers attributes that fit his style and scheme better and in the end that's all that matters
No offense but I would go with Conte's decision over yours, anybody on this forum and any media$#@!.
Man,lol, i dont care if u want to blindly believe in him or not. he is the coach and je knows his thing,,,he let us to victory..... but answer me.... u saw any, ANY logic in using borrielo so many times?. Even when he was failing sooo hard game in game out?.

Plz-

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Is anyone else afraid that if we keep beating around the bush with a solid offer Prade is just going to pull the plug and negate the gentleman's agreement?

Getting late in the preseason I think and I am sure Fiorentina want to begin assembling their team and get them ready for preseason.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

Gio returned to prove himself and conte wants to use him. Also it seems that Conte is not losing his sleep about not getting Jovetic...but he indeed wants to unload Matri and Get a bomber.

Thats what i perceive.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Me too^

Destro isn't a SS. That is irrelevant at this point, as he is going to Roma
He is more of a SS than a finisher though, just like Amauri, Vucinic, Matri and Quaq.
When you need a pure finisher, a target man, they are not the man for the job, without this meaning they are not usefull players overall and they cannot score a goal with a greater skill than midfielders and defenders.

Thats why Conte prefered a far worse player than them, overall, Borriello, despite the fact that he had more quality options.
Destro, as the above mentioned players, throughtough his carrier was never a prolific finisher, we have enough dribblers and passers, we need a scoring tool the most!

I hope that they sign him, instead of Inter or Milan, as we will be able to sign him, if he delivers as much as some expect him to deliver.
But anyways, players like Destro appear and dissapear every year...

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Is anyone else afraid that if we keep beating around the bush with a solid offer Prade is just going to pull the plug and negate the gentleman's agreement?
Don't think so.

I can see where you are coming from, but Fiorentina reneging on the agreement would open the door to Jovetic trying to force his way out of the club, which could harm Fiorentina's bargaining position.

The point about Fiorentina wanting things sorted early is a valid one, though. I can't see them being willing to hold out until the end of August in order to squeeze every penny out of Juve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)