Stevan Jovetic - Forward - Fiorentina (115 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Matri is a safe bet in this league.

Serie-A is a weird league, don't you forget. It's the type of league where many strikers flop. The type of league where Di Natale can score 25 goals per season and Diego Forlan score 0.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
If they want Matri, they can have him too. Some of you are just emotional suckers. It's not as if Fiorentina are asking for Buffon, Chiellini, Pirlo, or Vidal. Then, I'd tell them to fuck off.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Matri is a safe bet in this league.

Serie-A is a weird league, don't you forget. It's the type of league where many strikers flop. The type of league where Di Natale can score 25 goals per season and Diego Forlan score 0.
Bad example..Forlan was used on the wings most of the time and his career at Inter was basically plagued by injuries..

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
If they want Matri, they can have him too. Some of you are just emotional suckers. It's not as if Fiorentina are asking for Buffon, Chiellini, Pirlo, or Vidal. Then, I'd tell them to fuck off.
:agree:

But we are silly to think that improving our team with a WC player like jovetic in exchange for a medicore striker like Matri is good business.

hehe

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
If they want Matri they can pay his transfer fee. We can pay €30m for Jovetic. Fiorentina can pay €15m for Matri, and €4m for Pazienza. See, Fiorentina either want money in the bank or good players for their team, whatever benefits them more. I doubt their ability to afford a player as good as Matri in an outright transfer, so the €30m fee in the bank will again be spread out on lesser players.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I say, 23 million + Pazienza + co-ownership of Marrone :donedeal:

I dread to think how we were planning on getting RVP/Hiugain/Cavani. I sincerely hope next season we will allocate 35-30 million to a Cavani/Higuain type acquisition.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I say, 23 million + Pazienza + co-ownership of Marrone :donedeal:

I dread to think how we were planning on getting RVP/Hiugain/Cavani. I sincerely hope next season we will allocate 35-30 million to a Cavani/Higuain type acquisition.
I like that deal :tup:

To be completely honest, I don't think it will happen unless our GM (General Manager not Giuseppe Marotta :p) changes but even still I doubt Agnelli would allow it, though the squad should mostly be 98% complete apart from the foward line for next season. Look at all these young strikers we have now, Immobile, Boakye, Bonatini etc I think we're hoping that one of them will turn out to be a great striker rather than splash €30m+ cash on a striker. Hope I'm wrong though.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Marca saying Higuain snubbed Juventus despite us offerring him 7 million a year.

Not a very reliable newspaper though.

---------- Post added 18.07.2012 at 19:10 ----------

To be completely honest, I don't think it will happen unless our GM (General Manager not Giuseppe Marotta :p) changes but even still I doubt Agnelli would allow it, though the squad should mostly be 98% complete apart from the foward line for next season. Look at all these young strikers we have now, Immobile, Boakye, Bonatini etc I think we're hoping that one of them will turn out to be a great striker rather than splash €30m+ cash on a striker. Hope I'm wrong though.
Thats good planning imo..I am hoping for that too.Going with our tradition of making stars as opposed to buying stars..(even though we bought some)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009

I like that deal too :D Well, we can't hope, as they might all fail. Moreover, we're going to have to wait at least another 3 years until any of them fulfill their potential, given our track record with youth, and the time it takes for strikers to adjust/adapt/acclimatize to Serie A. By that time our front line could conceivably be comprised of Jovetic and Higuain/Cavani. Agnelli needs to be smart, and think titles, not only saving money and being a douche with a uni-brow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 115)