Stephen Appiah (1 Viewer)

Aug 1, 2003
This is his first season. It'd be a mere miracle if he could suit our style instantly. Even Thuram and Nedved in their first seasons struggled a little bit. I think Appiah could come in handy for our team, we shouldn't sell him. It's unfair to sell him if he finds difficulty in his first season. Let's wait and see how he'll cope in the seasons coming and hopefully he'll do well.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
It's stupid to release any of our new players just because they don't fit in right away. That includes Di Vaio, Miccoli and Maresca too. Imagine if offloaded Nedved, Buffon and Thuram because they had mediocre first seasons

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
gray, your theory is ok for appiah and maresca, but di vaio has been given his chance. he has done well at times and poorly as well.

i think we have no choice but to keep miccoli, maresca and appiah. they are our future base. i just hope all three are starters next season.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Well Di Vaio did well when given his chance, when his confidence was high, but as soon as Del Piero returned, he started going downhill again.

I also wanna see all three much more regularly next season

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Appiah is a great player, he'll prove it. He started well of this season, had a bad period afterwards. I thin he's coming back to form now though.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by only_juve_4ever ] ++
I hope he scores crackers for us aswhell as he did for Breschia...
I hope he starts scoring soon...
Indeed. More scoring from the midfield would be great.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by PersianMafia ] ++
He's the kinda guy who you rely on in the last minute of a game to save juventus with a miracle acrobatic slide tackle.
I've always preferred the type of player who you could rely on to save you at the other end of the pitch. :D

Len

Feb 13, 2004
IMO Appiah will turn into a very good player
But not the next Davids, coz IMO Davids is really hard to replace

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
tacch isnt there to score..except maybe his one or two crackers each season, which i think we are not yet to witness this campaign. nontheless, i just wish he added something more than defensiveness.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
tacch isnt there to score..except maybe his one or two crackers each season, which i think we are not yet to witness this campaign. nontheless, i just wish he added something more than defensiveness.
stop midfielders is what he has to do. its workin all so well in the beggining of the season

why why not right now :down:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Today he did a not good performnace again.. im starting to doubt in the skills of this guy.

I can undertsnd some bad performances... but today he was extremely awful..like never before...and we lost against depor mainly because of him.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i think every player underperforming is affecting each other. no players cna hold their heads high at the moment except Maresca.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
our most on-form player.....and he is injured :down:

well, appiah is technically on loan rite...? i say send him back to parma @the end of this season, and get tiago or somebody that can do the job :yawn:

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
From what I saw from Appiah when he was with Brescia I think he should be given all the chances in the world. Not like we got someone better since Davids left anyway. IMO he can be so much better than players like Tiago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)