Stephan Lichtsteiner (79 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Lichtsteiner: 'I'm leaving Juventus'
By Football Italia staff

Stephan Lichtsteiner has announced he is leaving Juventus at the end of the season. “I need new challenges.”

The 34-year-old Swiss international came off the bench today for his 300th Serie A appearance in the 3-1 victory over Bologna.

In the mixed zone following the final whistle, he told reporters that his experience in Turin was coming to an end.

“These are my last 14 days at Juventus. I need new challenges and motivation.”

His contract is due to expire on June 30 and he has been with the Bianconeri since 2011.

It’s not clear if he will remain in Serie A, having played for Lazio from 2008 to 2011.

Papi-a

May 9, 2006
Respect to this guy. Got dropped for chl, but still fighted his way back.

He clearly isnt a top level player anymore, but still seems to Care a lot.

Great moment against Inter last week seeing him celebrate Higuains goal, even though he was on the bench.

So Lichsteiner and Buffon last match against verona.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Juventino[RUS];5733102 said:
1 Buffon
2 De Sciglio
3 Chiellini
4 Benatia
5 Pjanic
6 Khedira
7 Cuadrado
8 Marchisio
9 Higuain
10 Dybala
11 Douglas Costa
12 Alex Sandro
14 Matuidi
15 Barzagli
16 Pinsoglio
17 Mandzukic
22 Asamoah
23 Szczesny
24 Rugani
26 Lichtsteiner
27 Sturaro
30 Bentancur
33 Bernardeschi
23 players, Marchisio and Pinsoglio HG, Bentancur U21. we could have added Howedes as well easily

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Played a big role for us under conte and became a part of our success. Would love to see him go elsewhere and become important for that team also.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
Source for that? As far as I know, he does
What's a 'locally trained player'?
There are two categories:
1. Club-trained players – players who were on a club's books for three years between the ages of 15 and 21;
2. Association-trained players – players who were on another club's books in the same association for three years between the ages of 15 and 21. No club can have more than four association-trained players among their eight nominees on List A.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Juventino[RUS];5733149 said:
What's a 'locally trained player'?
There are two categories:
1. Club-trained players – players who were on a club's books for three years between the ages of 15 and 21;
2. Association-trained players – players who were on another club's books in the same association for three years between the ages of 15 and 21. No club can have more than four association-trained players among their eight nominees on List A.
Yes but Rodrigo isn't 21 yet, so he doesn't count as a senior player

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
Man imagine prime Licht now, with actual wingers instead of having to take whole flanks by himself in a 3-5-2, we really need a player like him in his prime now, sad to see him go, 400% a club legend, always played with his heart, one of my favourites

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Man imagine prime Licht now, with actual wingers instead of having to take whole flanks by himself in a 3-5-2, we really need a player like him in his prime now, sad to see him go, 400% a club legend, always played with his heart, one of my favourites
Literally played with his heart. Remember the surgery he had back in 2016. The crazy fucker came back and scored a goal in the CL a few weeks after heart-surgery. I’ll miss his grinta, his asshole attitude to refs/linesmen/opposition players and fans and his love for our jersey. Great servant over the last 7 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 79)