Stephan Lichtsteiner (377 Viewers)

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Lichtsteiner just isn't anymore at the level required to start for one of Europes's strongest teams, he a reliable guy but more like a Fiorentina type of level... i really didnt want to discuss our UCL ambitions this season but when i think of the prospect of RB + RCB as Licht/MDS + Benatia/Rugani against some skilled attacks like RM's / Bayern's / Atletico's / Chelsea's / ManUTD's / ManCitty's , many right? Well i didnt even mention PSG's or Barca's or Napoli's threats ... thats a bit too many to consider, but as much as i dislike it is true, with this incomplete defence this year is compromised UCL wise and even for the Scudetto is gonna be tougher than ever if we dont make the most out of the Napoli/Inter clashes , it just sucks because the team had potential to do more and what's worst is that this is also Gigi's last year, i dont want to see him picking ball after ball from the back of the net in his last season or be swept aside in QF's, he deserved at least a fair shot at UCL this last season but apparently the board decided to make Gigi's last year a transitional one.

I started from RB's but i took it a bit personal :lol: it's maybe i just had higher expectations and atm we only seem competitive for Serie A which we will probably eventually win but we wont be fighting it out for anything other than that unfortunately...

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
After the goal HE conceded...i remember him bursting into space running onto the ball like he used too...I thought to myself well here he wants to redeem himself...what does he do? Crosses right into the fucking defender...

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Well, i would not fault time. Age has caught up. Its juventus fault for not replacing him properly.

Needs to hang his juventus jersey at the end of the season. Thats the truth

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Sturaro to the rescue
Absolutely not! Licht is a footballer, albeit a horrible one in his current guise, but still a footballer. That other guy you mentioned is nothing but a disease, a cancer on the football pitch, an Accident parading as a footballer player.

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck no! We might as well place a trash can @ RB if we're expecting that thing to be the solution.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Absolutely not! Licht is a footballer, albeit a horrible one in his current guise, but still a footballer. That other guy you mentioned is nothing but a disease, a cancer on the football pitch, an Accident parading as a footballer player.

- - - Updated - - -

$#@! no! We might as well place a trash can @ RB if we're expecting that thing to be the solution.
But the problem is our two first choice right back de sciglio and howedes are injury prone so solution to the problem is sturaro

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
i really didnt want to discuss our UCL ambitions this season but when i think of the prospect of RB + RCB as Licht/MDS + Benatia/Rugani against some skilled attacks like RM's / Bayern's / Atletico's / Chelsea's / ManUTD's / ManCitty's , many right? Well i didnt even mention PSG's or Barca's or Napoli's threats ...

I started from RB's but i took it a bit personal :lol: it's maybe i just had higher expectations and atm we only seem competitive for Serie A which we will probably eventually win but we wont be fighting it out for anything other than that unfortunately...
I see your point and even with a more explosive offense we see what happened to Barca with a suspect defense. I expect Rugani can be that CL man given time but yes Licht (past it) and MDS (not talented enough?) Only option I say once again that might be drastic is Cuads moving to RB especially if Costa and Berna are performing well up front.

Can it be worse that what Juve throws out there presently? I think not and hopefully when Howedes gets back :xfinger: I expect a more quality defensive option would be available. Once again Max must pull the right strings but at least he has plenty available. Max knows best.

:allegri:

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
De Sciglio is a lot better.
Trying to find any logic on that statement, could please share with us how this 6-assist-and-0-goals-in-129-games player and who already made us lost a final against Lazio after Paulo just gave us a chance to win it it's better than anyone in the world

Please enlightened me

- - - Updated - - -

But the problem is our two first choice right back de sciglio and howedes are injury prone so solution to the problem is sturaro
Our problem is to even consider this guy as an option... the only way I take MDS is for free with a low salary and to be third Sub for both FB flank, that's the kind of player he is

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Trying to find any logic on that statement, could please share with us how this 6-assist-and-0-goals-in-129-games player and who already made us lost a final against Lazio after Paulo just gave us a chance to win it it's better than anyone in the world

Please enlightened me

- - - Updated - - -

Our problem is to even consider this guy as an option... the only way I take MDS is for free with a low salary and to be third Sub for both FB flank, that's the kind of player he is
Unfortunately nothing can be changed at this stage we have to trust MDS as he was signed to replace Dani alves hopefully in the summer we can sign a good right back and center back

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

Please enlightened me

- - - Updated - - -

That's how bad Licht is right now.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
This guy was Juve passion but why is he still on the roster?
Lichtsteiner to leave in January? | Football Italia

Stephan Lichtsteiner will reportedly be allowed to leave Juventus in January after an acceptance that his best days are behind him.

According to Calciomercato.com, Lichtsteiner’s recent performances have “confirmed his decline”, with his display in Sunday’s 3-2 defeat to Sampdoria 'embarrassing’.

Consequently, the right-back’s time at Juve would be 'over’ as Mattia De Sciglio and Benedikt Howedes are ready to stake their claims.

The veteran joined Juve from Lazio in 2011 and went on to win six Scudetti with the Bianconeri, but he has been absent from their last two Champions League squads.

Calciomercato adds “it was no coincidence that the door was left wide open for Lichtsteiner to leave until the last day of the summer transfer window.”

——

Thank you God.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 377)