Stephan Lichtsteiner (74 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Did he agree to terms or not? Him agreeing to terms is not the transfer fee. Its him adgreeing to the length and money figures of a contract. You said he agreed to those but then they couldnt give him what he wanted. Which was it
man what are you talking about? he agreed terms with inter (aka contract length, salary, bonuses etc), so the next step was for inter to agree a transfer fee with US. obviously, we were never to let him go to inter so him wanting to go there and agreeing everything with them was gone to waste. he then sat with the management on a table and managed to talk out the differences they were having, and now hes happy in Turin and has no plans of leaving (his own words). we then later used the option we had to extend his contract for an extra year to prevent him to leave for free, which will most likely happen at the end of this season

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 19, 2007
man what are you talking about? he agreed terms with inter (aka contract length, salary, bonuses etc), so the next step was for inter to agree a transfer fee with US. obviously, we were never to let him go to inter so him wanting to go there and agreeing everything with them was gone to waste. he then sat with the management on a table and managed to talk out the differences they were having, and now hes happy in Turin and has no plans of leaving (his own words). we then later used the option we had to extend his contract for an extra year to prevent him to leave for free, which will most likely happen at the end of this season
What are you talking about. I replied to a post from that guy who said its lichts fault for not taking other deals. You replied its all about the money because no one would pay him what we do. He had gotten a deal that had paid him and wecouldnt agree to terms with Inter which I find weird.

Basically its not his fault like he was claiming if you ask me. That was the argument and im not sure what your brain doesnt understand

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
What are you talking about. I replied to a post from that guy who said its lichts fault for not taking other deals. You replied its all about the money because no one would pay him what we do. He had gotten a deal that had paid him and wecouldnt agree to terms with Inter which I find weird.

Basically its not his fault like he was claiming if you ask me. That was the argument and im not sure what your brain doesnt understand
my reply was to your post asking how it was about money when he agreed terms with inter. all i asked was, could he have got the same money he has here (or more, he has 3M here iirc) at inter too? could inter have been the only club that was willing to match his Juve salary + give him a starting spot? point being, you cant say it wasnt about money, just because he agreed terms with inter, because you dont know how much they agreed to. also, if you cant understand why we wouldn't let him join inter even if he agreed terms with them, then i cant help you either. hint - its not about money

he wanted inter only, made a ruckus after we refused to let him go there (i mean, what did he expect?), then after that he talked everything out with the management and now he doesent want to leave anymore. the guy you replied to has every right to believe money plays a part in this, given how the situation played out (wants only inter, cant get his wish, then hes happy again suddenly and now he wants to stay here, when there isnt anyone willing to offer him as much as he gets at Juve). not that far fetched of a scenario if you ask me.

Apr 19, 2007
my reply was to your post asking how it was about money when he agreed terms with inter. all i asked was, could he have got the same money he has here (or more, he has 3M here iirc) at inter too? could inter have been the only club that was willing to match his Juve salary + give him a starting spot? point being, you cant say it wasnt about money, just because he agreed terms with inter, because you dont know how much they agreed to. also, if you cant understand why we wouldn't let him join inter even if he agreed terms with them, then i cant help you either. hint - its not about money

he wanted inter only, made a ruckus after we refused to let him go there (i mean, what did he expect?), then after that he talked everything out with the management and now he doesent want to leave anymore. the guy you replied to has every right to believe money plays a part in this, given how the situation played out (wants only inter, cant get his wish, then hes happy again suddenly and now he wants to stay here, when there isnt anyone willing to offer him as much as he gets at Juve). not that far fetched of a scenario if you ask me.
Ok and my point was we cant really get mad at him when he found a club to go to and wanted out. Do we really think that even though we sell Bonucci to Milan and let Alves go for free to a champions league contender that we were ultra concerned about Licht in this condition was enough to push Inter over the edge? I highly doubt that.

IMO opinion it had way more to do with needing a reliable defensive player at that position and not wanting to spend the money to get that. Thats easily a 15-20 mil investment and for a player that was just there for certain situations. Didnt make sense so we kept him. NOT ABOUT THE MONEY

But you can claim he wanted only Inter and we werent ready to crown Inter champions by sending them licht because we obviously dont send good defenders who want to leave to a rival do we. Or that nobody would pay him so he refused everything but in the end I dont think it was that simple. Anyway the argument started because some dickhead said he deserves it for being a money grabbing asshole which I dont agree with. If you do Zizinho so be it but I dont

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Ok and my point was we cant really get mad at him when he found a club to go to and wanted out. Do we really think that even though we sell Bonucci to Milan and let Alves go for free to a champions league contender that we were ultra concerned about Licht in this condition was enough to push Inter over the edge? I highly doubt that.

IMO opinion it had way more to do with needing a reliable defensive player at that position and not wanting to spend the money to get that. Thats easily a 15-20 mil investment and for a player that was just there for certain situations. Didnt make sense so we kept him. NOT ABOUT THE MONEY

But you can claim he wanted only Inter and we werent ready to crown Inter champions by sending them licht because we obviously dont send good defenders who want to leave to a rival do we. Or that nobody would pay him so he refused everything but in the end I dont think it was that simple. Anyway the argument started because some dickhead said he deserves it for being a money grabbing asshole which I dont agree with. If you do Zizinho so be it but I dont
can we be mad at him for wanting to go to our arch, not rival, but enemy? going to inter is the worst seriously, and many considered him a legend even at that point. so for someone like that to ask to be transferred to inter is a pretty big deal imo, especially since back then he was still worth something and could have attracted interest from a different club too

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
If it already has been posted, sorry for spaming:

Lichtsteiner:
My exclusion from the Champions League list? This is obviously a hard blow and a huge disappointment. That’s life - the important thing is not how often you fall, but how many times you find the strength to get up, roll up your sleeves, keep fighting and never give up. Now, more than ever, I will keep on giving my all to honour this jersey!

#FinoAllaFine #NeverGiveUp

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
If it already has been posted, sorry for spaming:

Lichtsteiner:
My exclusion from the Champions League list? This is obviously a hard blow and a huge disappointment. That’s life - the important thing is not how often you fall, but how many times you find the strength to get up, roll up your sleeves, keep fighting and never give up. Now, more than ever, I will keep on giving my all to honour this jersey!

#FinoAllaFine #NeverGiveUp
:heart: Max is trying to fix his MDS mistake... Unfortunately the only way I can see this former Milán out of UCL is with 2 own goals and a couple of red cards, otherwise Max would push for Mattia till the end of the season

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
The guy is going to be 34 in January. Don't think his omission will cause Juve to not make it past the group stage. Have to find out for sure if MDS will be a 12 million dollar mistake. Also what says neither he or MDS are in there if Max goes with a 3 man backfield.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Did we Fogel how bad licht was last season?

Just cuz he had one good game doesn't erase that.

Guys is past it tbh. He's a legend for us but this omission is a good idea

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

juventus4life

Apr 21, 2012
Quick question: if Stu won't play in CL (subbed in when games have 1-2 mins left do not count), why Max excluded Licht from the CL list? The guy's experience will benefit us one way or another. It's not like MDS is any good. And I understand that Howedes can play RB if needed but still the question.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Did we Fogel how bad licht was last season?

Just cuz he had one good game doesn't erase that.

Guys is past it tbh. He's a legend for us but this omission is a good idea
Lion pls, the guy started our CL knockout game in Porto, was flawless and provoked a red card that pretty much killed the tie early, if he was good enough for knock-outs he's good enough for group-stage given the competition in his position.

Relying on MDS and a bunch of maybe-this-will work options is the opposite of a good idea, our aging express is still a better RB than either Barzagli or MDS. Maybe Howedes could be more solid, but with Chiellini injured we might need the guy in center as much as on the right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quick question: if Stu won't play in CL (subbed in when games have 1-2 mins left do not count), why Max excluded Licht from the CL list? The guy's experience will benefit us one way or another. It's not like MDS is any good. And I understand that Howedes can play RB if needed but still the question.
Stu is the very last backup to every position on the field, if we're suddenly hit with major injury crisis in a particular position he's our answer no matter if it's defense, midfield or attack. :p Personally I'd have dropped Asa, doubt he'll play at all, maybe the 6th game if we're already qualified.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently he's bound to get a phone call "Come to Besiktas", doesn't seem he wants to leave though

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I think Höwedes is gonna be a RB option. Rugani or Benatia will play with barzagli IMO until Chiellini comes back.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Höwedes right back gives with either Douglas Costa or Bernardeschi RW with more attacking license is surely in the thoughts of Allegri, it's basically an improved Barzagli set up (who is neither a right back nor does he have the legs for it anymore).

littlePrince

Nov 10, 2014
GDS: stephan choose with his heart: juve ...No to besiktas even without CL.
he will continue to be part of CL list in next round.

as a fan of juve... i have huge respect and love for him. to me he is legend

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 74)