Stephan Lichtsteiner (79 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I checked the UEFA regulations and there is no reason why he shouldn't be on List A. Since we have only 2 club trained players (4 is minimum) we were forced to reduce the A list from 25 to 23, but even that way, we could have excluded any other player, yet we chose Lichtsteiner.

Why? Bentancur and Sturaro were much more logical choices. Or Asamoah/De Sciglio.
The only logical reason I can think of is that we have some deal to sell him in January to a club playing in this year's group stages. If we registered Licht for the group stages, he'd have became automatically ineligible to play for another team in CL.
If that was the case then why did Licht hit social media if he knew there was an agreement with another club come winter?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
It has nothing to do with possible move in January. It's purely an Allegri preference.

One that I understood last season but don't at all now, Licht right now is more useful then MDS, Asa and Stururu. And him getting to start in the league games should have been able to show that.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Cant really understand Allegri here, but lets not forget he is called EuroMax for a reason. He probably knows something we dont, cant see other reason to exclude it.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
It has nothing to do with possible move in January. It's purely an Allegri preference.

One that I understood last season but don't at all now, Licht right now is more useful then MDS, Asa and Stururu. And him getting to start in the league games should have been able to show that.

With the injuries it actually makes sense Asa is prefered.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Max showed us last season that he loves to do a lot of experiments in the first half of the season. He did all the wrong decisions he could possible did and I actually think he was losing his touch and suddenly since February he cut all the BS and started to be the same old man.

I think this season is gonna be something similar so we are gonna have to deal with this kind of nonsense too cuz at the end he was right and just 45 min against RM through an awesome season away

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Good. That's what he gets for not leaving. Don't even try to convince yourself it was for any other reason except money. Nobody was gonna pay him what he makes right now so he selfishly didn't budge. Then tries to fool the sheep with words about loyalty lmao get outta here and enjoy the bench.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Good. That's what he gets for not leaving. Don't even try to convince yourself it was for any other reason except money. Nobody was gonna pay him what he makes right now so he selfishly didn't budge. Then tries to fool the sheep with words about loyalty lmao get outta here and enjoy the bench.
Couldn't be more wrong you god damn fool, club didn't allow him to leave and then convinced him to stay by offering him a 1 year extension. Otherwise would been gone already.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Couldn't be more wrong you god damn fool, club didn't allow him to leave and then convinced him to stay by offering him a 1 year extension. Otherwise would been gone already.

You sheep, lichtsteiner was ready to bounce to inter, agreed to terms, but juve didn't want to sell him to them for reasons that go beyond how they view him and his value to the club. The extension meant nothing, just increased the clubs leverage. That's two years now he's been left off the CL list. That says everything you need to know about his value to the club. Especially this year when there's an actual need at the position.

Apr 19, 2007
You sheep, lichtsteiner was ready to bounce to inter, agreed to terms, but juve didn't want to sell him to them for reasons that go beyond how they view him and his value to the club. The extension meant nothing, just increased the clubs leverage. That's two years now he's been left off the CL list. That says everything you need to know about his value to the club. Especially this year when there's an actual need at the position.
You just said he agreed to terms with Inter right? So how was it about the money? Imconfused He agreed to terms so it was up to Juve at that point.
He will do us good but not in big games. He is a reliable option for league games and copa matches to give the team a different look

- - - Updated - - -

I love him but he has no place in this 4-2-3-1 3-4-3 hybrid. He cant slide to CB well and cant be an offensive wing back. Thats all it is and nothing more

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

the extension was automatic, we had the option to prolong his contract by a year, we wanted to prevent him to go for free

- - - Updated - - -

You just said he agreed to terms with Inter right? So how was it about the money? Imconfused He agreed to terms so it was up to Juve at that point.
He will do us good but not in big games. He is a reliable option for league games and copa matches to give the team a different look

- - - Updated - - -

I love him but he has no place in this 4-2-3-1 3-4-3 hybrid. He cant slide to CB well and cant be an offensive wing back. Thats all it is and nothing more
how was it about money you ask? inter cant offer him a similar or higher salary?

Apr 19, 2007
the extension was automatic, we had the option to prolong his contract by a year, we wanted to prevent him to go for free

- - - Updated - - -

how was it about money you ask? inter cant offer him a similar or higher salary?
Did he agree to terms or not? Him agreeing to terms is not the transfer fee. Its him adgreeing to the length and money figures of a contract. You said he agreed to those but then they couldnt give him what he wanted. Which was it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 79)