Stephan Lichtsteiner (100 Viewers)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Lichsteiner has been atrocious for over a year now but at least he is a football player unlike De Sciglio.
I don't know about atrocious. I think this forum goes too far in saying how far Licht has declined. It's not like the guy was ever the best technical player even in his prime. He still runs up the field, overlaps like a madman. Still smashes junk into the box. Still irritates opponents. We would all still trust him over MDS.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
I don't know about atrocious. I think this forum goes too far in saying how far Licht has declined. It's not like the guy was ever the best technical player even in his prime. He still runs up the field, overlaps like a madman. Still smashes junk into the box. Still irritates opponents. We would all still trust him over MDS.
Oh I would trust him in a heartbeat over De Sciglio, but I would not trust him to start any games if we had someone better. The guy is past it, and is a massive liability defensively and offers nothing in attack anymore. There's the occasional game against bad opposition where he plays well, like against Cagliari, but if he actually has to create something against good defenders or defend against a real striker he gets overrun. Usually all his moves end up blocked over the line or him getting dispossessed. A team vying to win the Champions league simply should not have players of his level in their starting XI.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Sure he isnt as good as he was 3 seasons ago but he was far from being horrible. Until Cuads becomes a decent rb or we buy one, stephan is way to go

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
:tup:

Boksic

May 11, 2005
The criticism today is nonsense.

He had a good game. His cover tackle at 2-1 was incredible and stopped a clear goalscoring opportunity by making up a huge amount of yards and reading the play perfectly. He also covered a lot of dangerous defensive situations with Laxalt and Taarabt.

He probably shouldn't be a starter for us anymore. But he looks by far the best option at RB out of our current options.

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
The criticism today is nonsense.

He had a good game. His cover tackle at 2-1 was incredible and stopped a clear goalscoring opportunity by making up a huge amount of yards and reading the play perfectly. He also covered a lot of dangerous defensive situations with Laxalt and Taarabt.

He probably shouldn't be a starter for us anymore. But he looks by far the best option at RB out of our current options.
:tup:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
He was having some troubles but did some good things too. I have seen worst from him.

But like someone said, the real problem is that we have no backup for him. I dont know wtf is goign on with Dsciglio

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017

Goal Lichtsteiner.

But look at that ground :lol: After the game Lichtsteiner was swearing the fuck out about the conditions.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
..and how he took the ball after the goal (3:0) to continue the game as soon as possible. What a troll to the opponent. :lol:

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
..and how he took the ball after the goal (3:0) to continue the game as soon as possible. What a troll to the opponent. :lol:
He is such an asshole, thank God he is playing for us, otherwise, I'd never stand a personality like his! Most of his yellow cards he gets from arguing with linesmen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 100)