Stephan Lichtsteiner (5 Viewers)

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Love him. I love how he always gets yellow cards because he argues with the refferees. He looked dead tired around min 19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I liked his performance, Cagliari focused almost all of the attacks to Lichts side, yet he didnt fuck up much,the clearest fuckup definitely was Sandros penalty foul. Also got an unexpected assist :tup:

abrakadaver07

Jul 8, 2008
Had a good game, way better than anything he's done last season. Maybe it was mostly mental, seeing as he was left behind Cuadrado and Alves? I remember people were speculating the same about Mandzukic last year, when he was really out of form at the start and people were assuming he's pissed because Higuain joined. Or maybe it was the whole story about him leaving to Inter or whatever? Either way, I hope he gets back to his best.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
if we can't get spazzolino back, i guess we need both.

licht should play more, though. on the left, we have sandy ahead of asa, that's an easy choice. i'm not sure about the right, though.
I bet Licht still trumps all of MDS, Sturaro, Barzagli, Cuadrado and whoever we're rumored to try at RB, but our grandpa express surely can't handle 2 games a week.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Just.

Italian teams and their philosophy when even wingers and strikers need to know how to defend.
I was talking about RB, that's clearly a defensive position, those guys definitely need to know how to defend :D

Not saying he should start regularly, but against some opponents he's certainly very useful back there. Not to mention it's usually a RB/RCB hybrid in those cases as well.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I was talking about RB, that's clearly a defensive position, those guys definitely need to know how to defend :D

Not saying he should start regularly, but against some opponents he's certainly very useful back there. Not to mention it's usually a RB/RCB hybrid in those cases as well.
As much as he's useful in defense, just as much he's useless upfront where he can be as much as needed.

I remember tons of people talked shit about Alves during his days at Barca and how he's shit in defense. Well, I'd rather have somebody like that with an agreesive style who contributes so much going forward than some defender who's literally rooted in defense.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I love it. Isnt that exactly what sets our style apart? What other team was able to shut down other teams like ours in last seasons cl.
Yet we never win in the end.

Second half proved it. We can shut down and hold a result but if we fall apart then they run over us and we can't strike back.

It's partially a gamble imo. I don't think many clubs do that, but eh, others teams that don't also win and maybe even get better results.

Oh and btw when we had Barza at the back we had Alves who tore the right wing. Now we have Cuadrado and Berna there. It's gonna be a lot weaker when we have to press or go for a counter.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Yet we never win in the end.

Second half proved it. We can shut down and hold a result but if we fall apart then they run over us and we can't strike back.

It's partially a gamble imo. I don't think many clubs do that, but eh, others teams that don't also win and maybe even get better results.

Oh and btw when we had Barza at the back we had Alves who tore the right wing. Now we have Cuadrado and Berna there. It's gonna be a lot weaker when we have to press or go for a counter.
It was one half in an otherwise almost flawless cl run, in the knock-outs at least. One could argue we would never be in the position to even reach the final and fail had it not been for the 'defensive' wingers.
And Yes we will have to look for different solutions this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)