Stephan Lichtsteiner (9 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
He renews! What a surprise :heart:

Does that mean D. Alves is gone? Can't imagine us going into next season with the two of them.
i guess it's just the option on his contract that the club took. so this way, licht either stays for an other year, or will be sold during the summer mercato, but at least he won't leave as a freebie to join inda.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
i guess it's just the option on his contract that the club took. so this way, licht either stays for an other year, or will be sold during the summer mercato, but at least he won't leave as a freebie to join inda.
Yes, i think he will probably stay after this but doesent have to be. Wonder how it will affect our mercato in terms of signing wingers and CMs if all three of him DA and Benatia stay

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Thanks. The last part says a lot too. I think we will probably sell him after all, or even let him leave for free. Just wanted to not pay the $750K
:tup:

also, the club didn't show any usual pics with marotta and the player signing the contract - because probably the club just informed licht about their decision.

Jun 6, 2015
Don't see us selling him. He has fought his way back into the team and deserves to stay. Lichtsteiner, Dani Alves and Barzagli as an emergency option is more than enough cover for the right-back spot. We don't need any new additions there.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Don't see us selling him. He has fought his way back into the team and deserves to stay. Lichtsteiner, Dani Alves and Barzagli as an emergency option is more than enough cover for the right-back spot. We don't need any new additions there.
Not sure if either should be a starter for us. One or the other should be a backup imo.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Disagree. Dani Alves was really good at the start of the season and Lichtsteiner has improved the further the season has gone. Very hard to find improvement.
Agree that it would be hard to find an improvement. I wasn't really impressed with Dani, though he wasn't bad either. To be fair, we haven't got to see enough of him yet. Licht has been a liability in defence often, but has improved. But both are slow-ish, and would be the weak link in our backline.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Disagree. Dani Alves was really good at the start of the season and Lichtsteiner has improved the further the season has gone. Very hard to find improvement.
:tup:

if alves stays healthy and licht accepts his backup role, i'd be fine with them staying for an other season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)