Stephan Lichtsteiner (10 Viewers)

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Leaving him out of the CL squad is.

How is Inter an italian rival, it's not like Licht will put them over the top, and it's not like this management weren't ready to do business with italian rivals before..
Why we don't adopt this attitude when selling our star players to CL rivals ?

And FYI, its not about not selling him to an italian rival, i don't care about that, in fact i like it. Its the fact of leaving him out of the CL squad.
Valid point. :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

Juventino[RUS];5382937 said:
Facts so far:
Juventus wanted to get rid of Lichtsteiner
Lichtsteiner said it's okay but I will only listen to offers from Italy
Juventus said listen we have couple of offers from England
Lichtsteiner said no, I've got an offer from Inter, I would like to Join Them

Juventus said no, we won't sell you to inter (probably because of guarin-vucinic saga) and $#@! you Stephen, we gonna rot you on the bench so you will pray to us to sell you
What a shame, what a $#@!ing disgrace, guy said no to big PSG offer to stay here lol and that's how juventus is paying him back for his loyalty and huuuuuuge impact that helped us to win so many titles in the past 5 years
:shifty:

Buy on AliExpress.com

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Leaving him out of the CL squad is.

How is Inter an italian rival, it's not like Licht will put them over the top, and it's not like this management weren't ready to do business with italian rivals before..
Why we don't adopt this attitude when selling our star players to CL rivals ?

And FYI, its not about not selling him to an italian rival, i don't care about that, in fact i like it. Its the fact of leaving him out of the CL squad.
So Sfinter can say no to sell Brozovic to us but we just bend over to give them Licht?

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
So Sfinter can say no to sell Brozovic to us but we just bend over to give them Licht?
Nobody gives a shit about Inter, it's about Juventus and Stephan, we sold Vidal because he wanted it, we sold Pogba because he wanted it, why we wouldn't sell Licht then if he wanted to join Inter? Because in Beppe's head it's okay to improve our CL rival but it's not okay to improve fucking inter in the fucking serie a where juventus is a team to beat? LMAO

Lemon318

Il Marrone Juventino
May 1, 2012
Latest sky report, he never pushed for inter. Only offers he had were from Leicester and West Ham. Agent proposed a salary increase (WELL DESERVED) or an Italian transfer. So now what will you all hate him for?

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
Latest sky report, he never pushed for inter. Only offers he had were from Leicester and West Ham. Agent proposed a salary increase (WELL DESERVED) or an Italian transfer. So now what will you all hate him for?
It can't be truth, like i said he have 1 year left on his contract with the option to extend it for another 12 months more, thats it

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Juventino[RUS];5382940 said:
Non-sense, his contract is running out next summer with contract extension option for the next 12 months
Juventino[RUS];5382951 said:
It can't be truth, like i said he have 1 year left on his contract with the option to extend it for another 12 months more, thats it
What you just stated doesn't disprove anything.

He'd be able to sign another contract.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Lichts attacking contribution is not quite the same since we lost Pirlo, I agree
Why isnt it? Its his limitations as wingback thats the reason he lost his spot (we needed just a fullback this wouldnt be a concern), cant adapt/individually make something happen on his own. He has been fantastic for so many years, but now we have better options, that dont need to be served with perfect dime opening passes to be of us. Cuadrado showed that big time for us in several games last season.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

Why would they give him a salary increase when he is going to be 33 when his contract is up, and there are 2 other players currently ahead of him on the depth chart.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
It's OK to say the management did wrong. They are humans and there's nothing wrong in that but blindly hating licht makes you look stupid and one of them glory fans who dont value loyalty.

We still love the management and still love licht. Licht will and has bitten his lip and moved on and as should we. Forza my brothers.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
What you just stated doesn't disprove anything.

He'd be able to sign another contract.
There is no point to sign another contract, he's 32 now, would be 34 if juventus will decide to activate that option, so in the mid or after the season 17/18 juventus can decide to either offer him another 1 year contract or sell him for 1-2 millions or let him go for free in the summer

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Why isnt it? Its his limitations as wingback thats the reason he lost his spot (we needed just a fullback this wouldnt be a concern), cant adapt/individually make something happen on his own. He has been fantastic for so many years, but now we have better options, that dont need to be served with perfect dime opening passes to be of us. Cuadrado showed that big time for us in several games last season.
Both Cuadrado and Dani Alves are very different players though. To be honest Cuadrado is a full blown winger. I don't care that we make him play fullback, he's a winger. Dani Alves is more of an actual fullback, but still very offensive. With Lichtsteiner you get a player who will think about his defensive duties first. I like that we have that option too.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Both Cuadrado and Dani Alves are very different players though. To be honest Cuadrado is a full blown winger. I don't care that we make him play fullback, he's a winger. Dani Alves is more of an actual fullback, but still very offensive. With Lichtsteiner you get a player who will think about his defensive duties first. I like that we have that option too.
I was speaking for full time starting. He is great backup as highly experienced defensive option. But we aren't in a position where that's viable now, because understandably he doesn't want to be reserve choice.

Kinda odd by the club, they can't be seriously suprised he would be ok with it? Tho I read now they tried renewing his contract and he refused (honestly he is doing us a favour, a 32-33 year old fullback that relies primarily on running is not ideal to renew).

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)