Stephan Lichtsteiner (94 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
But let's strenghten our CL rival. :tup:
you talking about Dortmund? a team that can hardly be considered a rival to us and its overwhelmingly likely we won't even play against?
Please play with me in this. How do you feel if Lichts play against BM, RM or Farca?

Now, how do you feel with Hernanes, Sturaro and Asamoah against BM, RM and Farca?

There you go
yes because the 5mil spent cumulatively on Alves and Cuadrado (spent on the last fooking day too) is totally what prevented us from signing a quality CM.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 6, 2015
The treatment Licht received (not being included in the CL list) since we're keeping him and also the player's wish to go to Inter
There just isn't space in the CL list sadly. I love Lichtsteiner and I would have dropped Hernanes even though we are short of players in his postion but the decision is understandable if we leave sentiment aside. I do hope we would have sold Lichtsteiner abroad earlier in the window though if we don't see space for him in the team.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
OUT of CL list.
so he really wanted to rescind his contract and go to merda.

this is a sorry situation, but if he really wanted inter... he spent 5 years at juve, won everything, got a huge paycheck, fans loved him, club respected him all along, and he wants to be transferred to inter of all clubs. wtf is wrong with him?

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
you talking about Dortmund? a team that can hardly be considered a rival to us and its overwhelmingly likely we won't even play against?

yes because the 5mil spent cumulatively on Alves and Cuadrado (spent on the last fooking day too) is totally what prevented us from signing a quality CM.

I am talking about the fact that we sold Vidal and Coman to Bayern and they ended up eliminating us from the CL.

abrakadaver07

Jul 8, 2008
Oddly I can't help but think that licht with his workrate and excellent timing could work well as a box to box midfielder.
Nah, a lot of tactical awareness and game reading/intelligence are required to suddenly play in the middle. Only successful experiment like that I can remember is Alaba. Licht is already meh going forward as a full-back, let alone as a midfielder.

Lemon318

Il Marrone Juventino
May 1, 2012

How is Inter a rival then? Dortmund is a bigger threat to us in the CL than Inter is to us in Serie A.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
If Lichtsteiner wants to go we should just sell him as for selling to Inter - first they should offer the right amount then we can think about this idea...
The fact he demanded a transfer to Inter made me lose some respect for him as up till now I always held him in a very high regard! I`m sure every other Juve fan feel the same

Bianconero90

Aug 31, 2012
I think that decision to keep Licht out is just a technical decision from Allegri. Look at the facts. It seems as we are going to play the 3-5-2 as our main system. For that we have Alves and Cuadrado on the right and Sandro and Evra on the left. In the middle we have 7 players listed for 3 positions and Marchisio is out for the first group games, so basically only 6 players for 3 positions.

Licht would have been 3rd choice on the right. I think it was between him and Hernanes and since Marchisio is out, sadly it had to be him... :(

Jun 6, 2015
If Lichtsteiner wants to go we should just sell him as for selling to Inter - first they should offer the right amount then we can think about this idea...
The fact he demanded a transfer to Inter made me lose some respect for him as up till now I always held him in a very high regard! I`m sure every other Juve fan feel the same
Inter didn't want to pay for him though they wanted him for free.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I am talking about the fact that we sold Vidal and Coman to Bayern and they ended up eliminating us from the CL.
well yea i agree that selling Vidal to them was a bad decision but i never defended that and a previous mistake doesn't in any way make selling Licht to Inter a good one so I still don't get the point of your sarcastic response to my post.

- - - Updated - - -

How is Inter a rival then? Dortmund is a bigger threat to us in the CL than Inter is to us in Serie A.
are you seriously asking me if Inter Milan is a rival to Juventus?

do you even Serie A, bro?

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Really fucked off about this. Was just thinking today that we wont have as many pain-in-the-ass players starting anymore.

Keeping Lichtsteiner off the CL list is a big error, id rather him than Cuadrado.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 94)