Stephan Lichtsteiner (82 Viewers)

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
If we keeps Cuad (and we should) and buy another RB we need to sell Licht, no need to keep him. He has one year contract and 2.8 mln salary. There is not much football left in him.

Jun 6, 2015
If we keeps Cuad (and we should) and buy another RB we need to sell Licht, no need to keep him. He has one year contract and 2.8 mln salary. There is not much football left in him.
He won't be sold and he has earned every penny of that salary with his time here. He still has two to three years left in him.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
He won't be sold and he has earned every penny of that salary with his time here. He still has two to three years left in him.
so? Maybe we should pay him even after he retires like merda does for coaches. Licht is declining and very fast. He was a good player for Juve - scudetto winner, but he is not good enough for CL contender. He surely has two to three years in him, but I don't think that we need that kind of two to three years. I am ok with him staying if he bounces back, but keeping him with his current salary just because he was good in the past it's just stupid.

Jun 6, 2015
so? Maybe we should pay him even after he retires like merda does for coaches. Licht is declining and very fast. He was a good player for Juve - scudetto winner, but he is not good enough for CL contender. He surely has two to three years in him, but I don't think that we need that kind of two to three years. I am ok with him staying if he bounces back, but keeping him with his current salary just because he was good in the past it's just stupid.
No. We should pay for the time the player has a contract with Juventus if that somehow wasn't clear already.

I don't know know from what he needs to pounce back he was great against Bayern. Definitely still among the elite in his position and there are not many players out there who would be great improvement over him.

You are also forgetting that Lichtsteiner along with his quality adds tons of experience, leadership and winning mentality to our team. No way should we sell him contract extension however would be a good idea.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
I don't know know from what he needs to pounce back he was great against Bayern. Definitely still among the elite in his position and there are not many players out there who would be great improvement over him.

You are also forgetting that Lichtsteiner along with his quality adds tons of experience, leadership and winning mentality to our team. No way should we sell him contract extension however would be a good idea.
Ok, it's a stupid thing to argue. He was good against Bayern, I give him that. But during the whole season he was among the worst players in our squad. You don't think so, ok.

Jun 6, 2015
Ok, it's a stupid thing to argue. He was good against Bayern, I give him that. But during the whole season he was among the worst players in our squad. You don't think so, ok.
Yeah no need to argue over this. Different views are always nice it just shows the complexity of football that people see things differently. I agree that there has been games where he could have played better and we definitely do need to start getting prepared for life after him.

It's also worth noting that the player had a heart problem that forced a surgery at the start of the season.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Ugh.. I really dislike this dude's behaviour on the pitch.

That combined divng and acting in the wee skirmish with Glik. Embarrassing behaviour.

Man up, woman.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 82)