Stephan Lichtsteiner (11 Viewers)

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
for the first time in forvever, i am mad at him.

he had a perfect chance at sending a pass across the box to tevez or morata in the box and he chooses to shoot
A few of our players took shots when a pass was open within the same 15 minutes.

Lichtsteiner was good today, he looked like our right back who gives everything for 90 minutes solid. On their goal he should have gone with Ronaldo. Not his player maybe but still I wish he had. Other than that misjudgement he was great.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Ronaldo didnt do jack shit on his flank, apart from useless stepovers

Not a single chance for a shit on target. Miscommunication on that header, but the CB should have picked that up.
Lichtsteiner went full swiss nazi and eradicated their flank.

excellent

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Brilliant today, completely nullified the right side of the field for Madrid. Ronaldo did nothing all match.

The goal was entirely on Chiellini and Pirlo. Pirlo was standing right beside Ronaldo just outside the 6 yard box, and he watched Ronaldo break from him and didn't even try to mark him. Bonucci was playing the ball, in case man got beat, and the pass back, which was his place on that side of the field... Chiello was in no man's land, lost without a paddle, and is probably the player that should have been helping out.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Very physical today. Was battering Marcelo all match. Quite enjoyed that. In general it looks like Madrid players were shocked to encounter actual defenders.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
Very physical today. Was battering Marcelo all match. Quite enjoyed that. In general it looks like Madrid players were shocked to encounter actual defenders.
He had CR7 in his pocket, and yes, i think that really is true, real defenders Madrid never faced before, i mean, the ones that bring their grinta, tricks, power, strength all game!

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Very solid, best game in a while.

When asked why Madrid played so poorly he said something like "Madrid players are not used to facing organized teams in front of them".

Couldn't say it better.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
considering how many times they met atletico (and often owned) this last 2 seasons, your statement sound more arrogant than truth.

- - - Updated - - -

Very solid, best game in a while.

When asked why Madrid played so poorly he said something like "Madrid players are not used to facing organized teams in front of them".

Couldn't say it better.
atletico madrid, doh :sergio:

stop talking as if we are the only club in the world that has some balls.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
considering how many times they met atletico (and often owned) this last 2 seasons, your statement sound more arrogant than truth.

- - - Updated - - -

atletico madrid, doh :sergio:

stop talking as if we are the only club in the world that has some balls.
I didn't mean we are the only team that plays like this. I mean it actually looked like Madrid was surprised at how physical we were. As if maybe they thought we were soft or something. They had some weird looks on their faces all match.

- - - Updated - - -

I love how Marcelo tried so hard to keep cool but still lost it now and then.
Ya he had some smiles here and there but then at our goalline he kicked out at Licht after he threw him to the ground. Man if he had just made contact it could have been a second yellow.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
I was watching the game with my brother, and the kid loves dirty players! Man he kept yelling and laughing everytime the camera pointed at Lichtsteiner :lol:

A real bully :heart:

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
I was watching the game with my brother, and the kid loves dirty players! Man he kept yelling and laughing everytime the camera pointed at Lichtsteiner :lol:

A real bully :heart:
I always do the same. I love our team of bullies/ warriors, especially Lichtsteiner. The kind of player every great team needs - gets under the opponent's skin while also being completely solid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)