Stephan Lichtsteiner (84 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
People bitching about Ogbonna like he is the reason the AIDS epidemic started but some serious criticism is warranted for Licht. Our starting RB not only has had a major dip in form but has been skinned alive twice this season by Darmian.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Licht is a RB, the RB's stamina is far more streched than a CB's.
Thuram ram an excellent RB and Maldini was an excellent LB, who have turned into CBs as they grew older.
Licht is not that old and he still handle the strain with ease, at least easier than Evra, but we cannot expect him to play in the same level for each and every consecutive match he plays, esp the ones that dont hold a particular importance.
I believe for Licht the main purpose was not to be injured, he wasnt that terrible, he made more runs that i would have asked for, for such a game.
He is a good defender for a fullback, but he cannot make up for the CBs inefficiences from the side of our defence.
The CB duo we had today was unable to hold its ground and forced him to play off his ussual limits. Ussually its the CBs that make up for the fullbacks defensive inabilities and not the other way around...

Jul 20, 2012
People bitching about Ogbonna like he is the reason the AIDS epidemic started but some serious criticism is warranted for Licht. Our starting RB not only has had a major dip in form but has been skinned alive twice this season by Darmian.
He has been ass for the majority of this season, we seriously need to get a young rb cause licht has been declining rapidly

Jul 20, 2012
The thing that is also very worrying as mentioned prior is licht is reliant on his physical attributes more so than his technical. His marking, stamania, and speed has been very questionable as of late.

Something that i hate in which he has been doing too often is trying to do one twos up the field as if we need him to stretch the play, against monaco we saw him lose possession a lot and if he is going to play like that against madrid, dont even bother

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I'd say go for darmian but after each superstar performance we let him have his price skyrockets further. Licht was owned twice by him this season

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
my only concern with darmian is that cairo is not our biggest fan, and we're facing competition from the likes of bayern. yes, he won't be cheap.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
my only concern with darmian is that cairo is not our biggest fan, and we're facing competition from the likes of bayern. yes, he won't be cheap.
We are in the Semis. Win the league every year. It's no secret how much money Juve is raking in so you can be sure domestic clubs are going to make sure to milk us. Who knows, the derby rivalry is one thing but doing business with them is another. We helped them with Quag and he is doing wonders there.
Im sorry but darmian is an italian international, juve would and should be the first choice.
You would think, too bad it doesn't always work like that. Probably more so pre-2006

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I don't understand why is Lich criticized?

1- He's the hardest player an opponent can dribble or take down.
2- He runs hard, really hard for 90min.
3- He's been great defensively.
4- Is the loud voice on the field when things aren't going well.

If offensively he's not as productive as he is defensively doesn't mean he deserves the bashing. As long as he's solid defensively the goals will come.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I don't understand why is Lich criticized?

1- He's the hardest player an opponent can dribble or take down.
2- He runs hard, really hard for 90min.
3- He's been great defensively.
4- Is the loud voice on the field when things aren't going well.

If offensively he's not as productive as he is defensively doesn't mean he deserves the bashing. As long as he's solid defensively the goals will come.
No one is criticizing his effort, we all know he works the hardest. His defensive displays haven't been nearly as good as they once were. I can't remember the last time he scored or assisted? He contributes little to attack, nothing like he used to.

Something is off.

Oh, and I woke up to the smell of fish and I saw your picture on Whatsapp and I know why.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
No one is criticizing his effort, we all know he works the hardest. His defensive displays haven't been nearly as good as they once were. I can't remember the last time he scored or assisted? He contributes little to attack, nothing like he used to.
Juve got the 2nd best defensive record after Bayern. Lich is part of this record and I really disagree, he has been solid and consistent defensively.

I agree offensively he's not contributing much but that doesn't worry me honestly and doesn't take much from him IMO. I'd rather have someone like Lich who can defend than someone like Marcelo for instance who can't defend but attack. I am sure Max is satisfied too.

Oh, and I woke up to the smell of fish and I saw your picture on Whatsapp and I know why.
:lol2::lol2: Dirty.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Juve got the 2nd best defensive record after Bayern. Lich is part of this record and I really disagree, he has been solid and consistent defensively.

I agree offensively he's not contributing much but that doesn't worry me honestly and doesn't take much from him IMO. I'd rather have someone like Lich who can defend than someone like Marcelo for instance who can't defend but attack. I am sure Max is satisfied too.
Of course Allegri is satisfied because he keeps playing him. But who else can he play? Caceres is hurt and the back 4 is doing great so that leaves what, Padoin? Pado is filling plugs (apparently you did too, or maybe one of yours was?) in other positions.

He simply isn't the dominant force he was last year, well, at least at the start of this season but his contributions have slid as the season progressed.

- - - Updated - - -

In my opinion Juventus is still the most attractive team to italian players
Thanks for your contribution today, Alex.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 84)