Stephan Lichtsteiner (82 Viewers)

forzajuve_27

Apr 14, 2005
Thought Lichtsteiner played his best game for us this season against Sampdoria, could it be a co-incidence that he's just renewed his contract?

I may get some stick for this but I think he's been our worst player so far this season, the amount of times he's been caught out of position has been ridiculous. Don't get me wrong I love his grinta but I just think there are better "footballing" right backs out there who we could get and it really pissed me off that he was asking for more money but not playing like he deserved it on the pitch.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Agreement for the extension reached.3m euros net including bonuses until 2017-GDM

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciomercato/juventus-lichtsteiner-reach-agreement-on-extension-the-details/

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Thought Lichtsteiner played his best game for us this season against Sampdoria, could it be a co-incidence that he's just renewed his contract?

I may get some stick for this but I think he's been our worst player so far this season, the amount of times he's been caught out of position has been ridiculous. Don't get me wrong I love his grinta but I just think there are better "footballing" right backs out there who we could get and it really pissed me off that he was asking for more money but not playing like he deserved it on the pitch.
Such as?

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
You said "you wished". You didn't say it will happen for sure, so your "watch and see" comment doesn't make any sense.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
When I see that defense nothing else falls to my mind.That Koulabala (or something) is good but is slow.Just a couple of good pases and one will go inside.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
When I see that defense nothing else falls to my mind.That Koulabala (or something) is good but is slow.Just a couple of good pases and one will go inside.
Licht could be all alone with no marker and he would still go by trial and error and fail with most of his crosses and dribbles, he is all about utlizing his runs in momentum and hoping for the best.

Basel93

Dec 24, 2014
Stephan Lichtsteiner is on the verge of renewing with Juventus, with courtship from Manchester United turned down at least until the summer.

Rumours that a deal had been reached between the Swiss and the Old Lady circulated during last week, following months of speculation to the contrary.

Today, Tuttosport indicates that the agreement has been finalised and that an official announcement is imminent. The new contract will see Lichtsteiner earning €3m a year until 2017.

This dashes reported hopes from United, who were reported last week to have offered a check for €25m to have the player in January.

While the operation is not necessarily ruled out, in the best of cases Tuttosport say that it has been deferred until the summer.

Much will apparently depend on whether and when Juventus will be able to acquire the services of Barcelona's Martin Montoya.

At the moment the Blaugrana are asking for €20m, which Juventus are reluctant to offer, preferring a solution involving an initial loan.
The renewal should happen, since it means a higher price if we want to sell, we dont really have much cover for him right now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 81)