Stephan Lichtsteiner (98 Viewers)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
he's bette at rb, because the system ther eprevents him from being gangded up on and wing play being nullified.

yeah sure, he has been immense as a rwb, but that means nothing because most of the time pogba and vidal were being dragged out wide to help him out because he cant dribble well enough consistently
What he lacks in dribbling he makes up in work rate. His constant bombing up there stretches out the opposition and he is one of very few players who have the lungs to keep running up and down like that. The likes of Marcelo, Caravajal and Alves have much more flair but they dont have better numbers than he does and that is only because of his insane work rate.

We will rely less on his offensive capacities which might be better for the team overall (if the new formation turns out to be better than the old) but not necessarily for him. His role will be more limited. My guess is that his numbers will drop but he'll still be very reliable which is a very different statement than saying that I KNOW that he will be better as a RB than an RWB.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
bro, he had 2 aissts and a goal in his game as a rb. i think he will be fine.

food for thought. how many goals did juve score as a rresult of wing backs passing or crossing in the past 3 seasons.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
bro, he had 2 aissts and a goal in his game as a rb. i think he will be fine.

food for thought. how many goals did juve score as a rresult of wing backs passing or crossing in the past 3 seasons.
Look up Licht and Asa's stats (especially the Licht). You'd be surprised by their numbers. On par with the world's best like Marcelo, Lahm etc (except those who take penalties).

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
There aren't many teams, if any that utilize 3-5-2, therefore stat comparision has very little sense. Naturaly if you field player in more advanced position he'll have higher chance to score goals and assist to his mates. But Licht's lack of offensive prowess makes it difficult for him to be consistent performer as he has been as a RB, since attacking aptness is more accentuated and depends on variety of skills that Licht doesn't possess.

When at it field Bonucci as striker and he'll score more goals than he scores now, but are we gonna play Bon bon as a striker because of it. Ridiculous.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
There aren't many teams, if any that utilize 3-5-2, therefore stat comparision has very little sense. Naturaly if you field player in more advanced position he'll have higher chance to score goals and assist to his mates. But Licht's lack of offensive prowess makes it difficult for him to be consistent performer as he has been as a RB, since attacking aptness is more accentuated and depends on variety of skills that Licht doesn't possess.

When at it field Bonucci as striker and he'll score more goals than he scores now, but are we gonna play Bon bon as a striker because of it. Ridiculous.
i'd love to see this :tuttosport:

didnt he start his career as a striker anyway? maybe hes the new Bobo Vieri waiting to be unleashed and we are limiting his potential by playing him in the defense

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013

Great post

Glad somebody pointed it out.

Mar 30, 2006
Lichtsteiner is a saint. I hope we seal his new contract soon as we can't afford to let one of the best Right Backs around to walk out the door! I cringe at the thought of our past struggles to find a good right back, stuck with the likes of Zebina, Grygera and Motta. Licht immediately showed his worth when he joined us and continues to show it today. What a difference having a top fullback, who is both solid defensively and going forward makes.

Saint Lichtsteiner would be a blessing for any team. I dont know how other clubs have not been bidding for him over the last few years. I look at Manchester United playing Rafael and laugh!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
If we are going to continue with a back 4 (which we should) Juv need to find a way to convince him.

Theres no one on high salary who can leave? to let us raise Licht wages

Mar 30, 2006
If we are going to continue with a back 4 (which we should) Juv need to find a way to convince him.

Theres no one on high salary who can leave? to let us raise Licht wages
I think Pepe and Giovinco are out of contract at the end of the year. Prob best to sell Gio in the winter window so we dont lose him for nothing and I dont see the club giving Pepe anything significant.

Mar 30, 2006
Gio should be replaced by somebody like Berardi, which will probably be on a low salary. So there's a lot of room.
For sure. Berardi is on much less wage than Gio, also he has more potential to grow into a better player while Giovinco is frustrated with wasting the majority of his career as a squad player. Gio is not getting any younger so it would probably be for the best if he moved on. Also he could get a sizable contract from another team as well as be a starter and finally get his shot to prove himself. I would be happy to see him do well in the EPL or somewhere.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Always said this man's contract renewal should be one of our main priorities. One of the best RB going around. Love his workrate, grinta and his general attitude towards opposition players/fans and refs :D If we do continue with a back 4, he really is fundamental for this team.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
It's so clear playing in a back 4 really gets the best out of him, he has options in front of him rather being tasked with taking the whole flank on his own.

To lose him be so bad but to lose him for nothing would be even more devastating especially if he went to Roma. Just renew the contract do what u have to do Beppe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 98)