Stephan Lichtsteiner (5 Viewers)

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
http://www.tuttojuve.com/calciomerca...steiner-211444

Rome on Lichtsteiner?

Stephan Lichtsteiner continues to face difficulties with Juve to extend the contract expiring in 2015. The good performance of the Swiss are certainly not gone unnoticed to market players who work hard on the right back. The main teams interested in the Swiss player are Arsenal and Inter as well as some German club, but according to reports calciomercato.it, in the last hour seems to have also checked the Rome happy to do a snub to the company, Corso Galileo Ferraris. Stephan calls for a three-year to 3 million a year, Juve offers 2.5 per season, and the distance at the time, seems unbridgeable. At this juncture come in the Giallorossi - taking the player on a free transfer - would have the power to provide what is requested; The Swiss, in Rome, it would be a good alternative to Maicon but should overcome the skepticism of fans for a past in the ranks of New York. In short, there may be really brawl around Lichtsteiner in the next staigone.

who´s making up this stuff? licht to roma... sure thing :sergio:

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

Rome on Lichtsteiner?

Stephan Lichtsteiner continues to face difficulties with Juve to extend the contract expiring in 2015. The good performance of the Swiss are certainly not gone unnoticed to market players who work hard on the right back. The main teams interested in the Swiss player are Arsenal and Inter as well as some German club, but according to reports calciomercato.it, in the last hour seems to have also checked the Rome happy to do a snub to the company, Corso Galileo Ferraris. Stephan calls for a three-year to 3 million a year, Juve offers 2.5 per season, and the distance at the time, seems unbridgeable. At this juncture come in the Giallorossi - taking the player on a free transfer - would have the power to provide what is requested; The Swiss, in Rome, it would be a good alternative to Maicon but should overcome the skepticism of fans for a past in the ranks of New York. In short, there may be really brawl around Lichtsteiner in the next staigone.

Inter, Arsenal and Roma. Throw in Napoli and you have the obnoxious 4.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Lichtsteiner is a natural rb, go look at his first season with us and look at him at Lazio and Lille
Again his highest performance levels were last year and the year before. I am not denying that he might be a great RB too. All I am saying is just that he has reached world class levels as a RWB and we do not have enough data to judge whether he'll be as good in RB or not. He was promising at Lazio but not at the level we now know of him. All this talk about him being a better RB than RWB is just guesswork

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He is clearly better suited as RB where he has someone infront of him to overlap on and play off, then RWB that puts him in too high of forward positions that shows his indvidual limitations more, he is not a winger or right forward as that position tends to require of him.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
RB is his natural position, the one that he was initialy brought here to claim his place. He was mostly used at RWB, the system was shaped in that way till now, but lack of better technique, inability to dribble past his marker, makes him only good at that spot, but still better than all the players that we currently have. As a RB he was always fantastic, one of the best in the world. Excellent timed in runs, decent cross, defensive soundness attest to that.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011

Rome on Lichtsteiner?

:rofl:

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Again I ask where have people seen him playing RB? Certainly not with us and his best seasons were the last two as an RWB.
So stubborn :lol:

dude he came here as RB. He played his whole career as RB and Conte used him as RB until the switch to 352. We played only league that season and Licht was younger back then. Pretty much everything changed since then. Last season was his best? Maybe it was but it doesn't change the fact he couldn't play 2 full matches in a row in the middle of the season due to tiredness.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I am not denying that he might be good as RB. He is generally a top player and would excel anywhere. I am only questioning the claim that he would be better as an RB than an RWB when his best seasons as a footballer were when he played RWB.

With Lazio he was promising but far from world class. In his first season with us he was solid but not world class. His last two seasons are the ones were he delivered the most. I wouldnt say he played better for his national team or for Lazio than for Juve.

Again how do you support the claim that he is better at RB when he improved as a player with Juve in the RWB position and delivered his best seasons playing in that position. His seasons as an RB were with Lazio (and a part of his first season with Juve) and he wasn't as good as he is now. He has developed a lot over the last 3 years and his numbers are getting better ever year.

Show me how you support the claim that he is BETTER as RB compared to RWB. Point me towards the data that shows that. I am claiming that we still dont know if he is as good or better as an RB than RWB. You guys claim to know that he is in fact better. Are you saying he was better for Lazio then he is for us? was he better in his first season with us than in the next two? Is he better with his NT than with us? Unless you are willing to answer a yes to one of those, then there is no support for your claim.

Dont give me natural position argument. A lot of players perform better in other positions than their original ones.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
he's bette at rb, because the system ther eprevents him from being gangded up on and wing play being nullified.

yeah sure, he has been immense as a rwb, but that means nothing because most of the time pogba and vidal were being dragged out wide to help him out because he cant dribble well enough consistently

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)