Stephan Lichtsteiner (101 Viewers)

forzajuve_27

Apr 14, 2005
I like Lichtsteiner but for me he's been poor the past few games, he was woeful against Roma and several of his mis-timed runs forward left a lot of gaps down our right hand side which they exploited many times.

With him coming up to 31 and his contract expiring I would take an offer of about 10mil for him as I think we can get players in his role that are younger and better on the ball, for instance I rate Caceres the same as Lichtsteiner even though we hardly see him at RWB and he is better on the ball than Stephan.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I like Lichtsteiner but for me he's been poor the past few games, he was woeful against Roma and several of his mis-timed runs forward left a lot of gaps down our right hand side which they exploited many times.

With him coming up to 31 and his contract expiring I would take an offer of about 10mil for him as I think we can get players in his role that are younger and better on the ball, for instance I rate Caceres the same as Lichtsteiner even though we hardly see him at RWB and he is better on the ball than Stephan.
Juve can't get 10m for Lichtsteiner.

If he doesn't sign a new contract, he leaves for nothing in the summer.

So you couldn't get more than a couple of million for him in January if you decided to sell.

Zzak

Sep 11, 2014

Caceres would be mad as RWB. He's got the pace, mad crossing, technically better than Licht. I'd love to see him there. But we would need another CB to cover for our top dogs.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Caceres...better than Licht...in the same sentence.

:hustini:

- - - Updated - - -

No. Just no.

Licht is only 31 and has at least another 2 seasons beyond this one at his level. Who are we going to sign to play his role that doesn't cost a massive amount?

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Keeping him as a backup in a four man back line I could definitely sign on to, even if his wage demands are higher than most backup RBs would have.
I would do this for several reasons,
(a) based on his merits, as a thank you. He has given so much.
(b) his stamina and pace will drop, yes, but his grinta won't - which has been what has made me love the guy.
(c) with age, and spending some time off the pitch, might help him grow a bit in some of his negative traits, e.g. constant arguing with refs.
(d) I would still hold him higher than Romulo, which I would offload instead. Then save time and energy from searching for a suitable backup RB by keeping Licht.
(e) you don't want to make too many changes in the team each year and you want players with grinta to show the way on training and in games. ...and I'm not saying we should keep everyone experienced old ones and become new Meelan.
(f) he has curly hair that just sits perfect

edit: If we switch to a four man back line next year, Licht would def. be our starter and no need for searching for alternatives. I'm talking about further down the line...

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
He is totally made to be a fullback. He lacks real skills to be an attacking wingback..but has wayy more than enought skills and stamina to be an offensive to be a hell of a fullback for the years to come

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
He is totally made to be a fullback. He lacks real skills to be an attacking wingback..but has wayy more than enought skills and stamina to be an offensive to be a hell of a fullback for the years to come
True he isn't a RWB he is just a good RB that's it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 101)