Stephan Lichtsteiner (102 Viewers)

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
i just laugh when people see romulo as a wingback

- - - Updated - - -

40% is not a small pay rise mate

Not in terms of percentages, But Pogba is on 600,000 EUR is he not? So if we bumped his wage up to a measly 2.4M he's technically be getting a 400% pay rise.

The percentage is decieving. Basically if we give Licht an extra 1M per season, we gain the option to SELL him next season for a few mill rather than lose him for free.

1.7M (Wages) - 0M (Free agent) = 1.7M for using Licht this season.

3-3.5M (Wages) - 3M (Sale next Summer) = possibly breaking even.

Surely the latter option is better? No need to make it extremely complicated. He'll be worth nothing if we don't renew him. Yet if we pay him some more money we have the option to sell him. And unless he declines drastically this season, there will be a few clubs who'd happily take him for a few million euros.

Buy on AliExpress.com
May 22, 2013
Not in terms of percentages, But Pogba is on 600,000 EUR is he not? So if we bumped his wage up to a measly 2.4M he's technically be getting a 400% pay rise.

The percentage is decieving. Basically if we give Licht an extra 1M per season, we gain the option to SELL him next season for a few mill rather than lose him for free.

1.7M (Wages) - 0M (Free agent) = 1.7M for using Licht this season.

3-3.5M (Wages) - 3M (Sale next Summer) = possibly breaking even.

Surely the latter option is better? No need to make it extremely complicated. He'll be worth nothing if we don't renew him. Yet if we pay him some more money we have the option to sell him. And unless he declines drastically this season, there will be a few clubs who'd happily take him for a few million euros.
This is a bit simplified, there is a risk connected to extension etc, but your point is valid nonetheless and spot on IMO. I would renew with Licht and give him a raise, unless i really believed the team could live without him and i could get a fair price now. But having him leave for free won't be optimal that is for sure. I expect us to extend the deal though, unless some attractive offer comes in, but who should bid?
PSG got Aurier now and got rid of Jallet. They are set, same for City etc. who could easily spend millions on a player with one year left of contract, and i don't see him want to go to the likes of Monaco just yet... I just think his agent and our management are hard balling a bit because money doesn't grow on trees (unless you invested in Avocado), but in the end he will extend with a decent pay raise

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
It's a tough decision his renewal... Licht was an important member of this team the past 3 years. He deserves some acknowledgement. He makes 2M net a year.

At the same time, his game is based on stamina and athleticism... he'll be 31 next january.

I say offer a 2 year contract around 2.8M net a year. If he refuses, and ask for like 3 year contract 3.5M net a year... I don't know.

Let things play out, in january or next summer we'll see. Caceres can do a decent job as a RB. But obviously selling him this summer just to make some money (like 7/8M, given his age and contract expiry date approaching) is not worth it.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
I think that he added a lot to this Juve team.I think that he deserved a pay rise from 2 to 3 mil eur.He was useful in Conte's 3-5-2 .I don't know if Allegri deploy another system.But anyway he is a good and reliable player.I will extend his contract.

khalidkassim

Feb 2, 2007
I think that he added a lot to this Juve team.I think that he deserved a pay rise from 2 to 3 mil eur.He was useful in Conte's 3-5-2 .I don't know if Allegri deploy another system.But anyway he is a good and reliable player.I will extend his contract.
Any damn day of the week. Solid. Pure Class. Love the Licht.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Remember his performance in the Suppercoppa last year? I want that again this year. He's a key player and as long as it's not completely out of the financial question he should get his pay rise.

So much love for this man, make him stay!
You asked for it, you got it.

One of his best games for Juventus today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 101)