Stephan Lichtsteiner (84 Viewers)

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I think we're bringing in Romulo because we can't find agreement with Licht. It seems we don't rate Isla so we're left with Caceres only. I think we're in for Romulo because Verona is going to accept our loan + option which is nothing but spreading the payment for future while selling Licht and Isla could fetch us some decent money. Hopefully for a winger/treq.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I think we're bringing in Romulo because we can't find agreement with Licht. It seems we don't rate Isla so we're left with Caceres only. I think we're in for Romulo because Verona is going to accept our loan + option which is nothing but spreading the payment for future while selling Licht and Isla could fetch us some decent money. Hopefully for a winger/treq.
i suppouse this is.

I even think that they brought Romulo in advance to sell Licht regardless of anything. Getting rid of his wages and giving the main role to caceres seems like an idea they have.

Im speculating tho,

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
this might actually happen. if we cant reach an agreement with Licht then id be happy with Romulo/Caceres on the right side. would prefer Darmian but Romulo is good too. we would finally have fullbacks that are decent crossers and although i love Licht and his endless running down that side, if his sale means a great treq/winger, then i wouldnt mind him gone. the question is, who do we get then? the players we were linked with are either not good enough, too expensive or not available anymore. im curious to see what we will do in the next weeks...

GrecoJuve

May 19, 2014
Romulo is 2 stages down than Licht. Licht is the most underrated footballer of our team. Surely, he is not even a decent crosser but he can running over the field with easy. He can score, defend, attack and help our game development.
In this age, i would be happy if we sell him and take a younger and same-level replacement.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Licht is a fantastic right back, one of the very best

However as a wing-back he was expected to be an attacking outlet and is a liability in offence in big games, but it's not his fault obviously, it's like moaning at Del Piero for not breaking up the oppositions play in midfield, it's simply not his job but he was forced in to it.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

However as a wing-back he was expected to be an attacking outlet and is a liability in offence in big games, but it's not his fault obviously, it's like moaning at Del Piero for not breaking up the oppositions play in midfield, it's simply not his job but he was forced in to it.
Yeh I know this is the case. And licht as a ) is better than both lcaceres and romulo. But I think the age vs wage. If he doesnt bent to oue offer, i can see juve selling. Its not optimal, but I think that we are ok in giving caceres a more prominent role.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009

His stats as a wing-back are very good btw and he bailed us out numerous times in tough matches. The problem is, he doesnt have an equal (or close to equal) sub. There are no wingbacks that have consistently amazing offensive performances in any team in the world. The likes of Madrid and City always have the option of using coentrao and Kolarov whenever the starters are exhausted. No one can rightfully ask more of a wingback than what Licht and Asa provide.

They'd look much better if they had proper subs and played less games.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Licht is great but nah he's not the man you want on the edge of the opponents box as he can't take men on and his crossing is inconsistent. He's not great at attacking and at Juve you'd expect players who are so far up the pitch to be able to do damage. But that's simply not the case.

Of course, that's not Lichts fault. He should be the guy playing as a full back behind that type of player, not as a wing-back.

I'll agree their performance dips due to lack of options. Which is why i'm cool with Romulo coming in as long as Licht stays.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Regardless if we keep both asa and licht, I dont want any of them providing our wingplay. I would like for them to limit to defensive duties and support our real wingers, in case we play with wingers

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
We have a buy back clause for ekdal. Let's get him and make him a wingback. That will be able to take some pressure off lichst

- - - Updated - - -

Regardless if we keep both asa and licht, I dont want any of them providing our wingplay. I would like for them to limit to defensive duties and support our real wingers, in case we play with wingers
It will be a waste to limit Asa to defensive duties. Id rather he be in midfield b2b

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Surely it makes absolutely NO sense if we don't give him a small pay rise

So say he's on about 1.7M euros right now. If we keep him for a year, he'll leave for free when his contract runs out. So that's 1.7M for his services for a season
He'll also be an unhappy player.

If we gave him 3M this season, we'd be spending an extra 1.3M euros BUT we would be able to sell him next Summer. And we could easily get 4-5M euros for him. 3 at the very least.

So if Licht gets a pay rise and we have the option to sell him next Summer then everybody wins.

Jul 13, 2010
i just laugh when people see romulo as a wingback

- - - Updated - - -

So say he's on about 1.7M euros right now. If we keep him for a year, he'll leave for free when his contract runs out. So that's 1.7M for his services for a season

If we gave him 3M this season, we'd be spending an extra 1.3M euros BUT we would be able to sell him next Summer. And we could easily get 4-5M euros for him. 3 at the very least.

So if Licht gets a pay rise and we have the option to sell him next Summer then everybody wins.
40% is not a small pay rise mate

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

He doesnt want a small payrise, hence the problem. Otherwise there would have bee no prob.

It will be a waste to limit Asa to defensive duties. Id rather he be in midfield b2b
Yeh, im assuming if assa will be put in LB, which i doubt

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Remember his performance in the Suppercoppa last year? I want that again this year. He's a key player and as long as it's not completely out of the financial question he should get his pay rise.

So much love for this man, make him stay!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 84)