Stephan Lichtsteiner (88 Viewers)

Qwisto

Oct 5, 2010
Let's be clear on this: there is no way we will get a RB even close to Licht's ability. His (and his agent's) demands might be excessive but I can't think of many others who deserve the recognition he does. He closed the chapter of lousy RB's, he gave everything in every match and has kept the quality of his performances pretty much intact. I hope he'll renew and stay here until he cannot run any longer.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
It all depends on his asking wages. If they are too jigh and a good offer comes, we will be forced to sell and put our confidence in caceres and now Romulo.

Qwisto

Oct 5, 2010
It all depends on his asking wages. If they are too jigh and a good offer comes, we will be forced to sell and put our confidence in caceres and now Romulo.
And this is where I feel we should do as much as we possibly can to keep him because the alternatives are significantly worse players and not caring about the RB/LB positions hasn't brought us any good in recent years.

However, I'm sure they'll figure things out..

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Ill miss him for sure, but is not like caceres is bonucci on the wings. Caceres is good at defending..not so much going forward, and it seems this season our RBs and LBs will not have to go forward as often...so i think caceres can be alrught

AlexOB

Apr 2, 2014
Caceres a significantly worse player? I disagree.

His crossing is 10 times better, to make an example. I would miss Licht though, definitely... His drive, grit and stamina on the pitch are amazing, and he was a leader under Conte, true personailty player. And I just love his screaming at 1cm from the face of the linesman or the referee. :heart:

Anan M

Aug 24, 2012
It looks like we are selling two of Lich, Isla, Padoin, or maybe all of them, and we are bringing *only* Romulo. Is there another RB we are linked with, maybe Darmian?

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
It looks like we are selling two of Lich, Isla, Padoin, or maybe all of them, and we are bringing *only* Romulo. Is there another RB we are linked with, maybe Darmian?
A serious question: why the fuck do we need more? Two players for RB is perfectly fine. Caceres and Licht are more than enough. If Licht goes just keep Isla or sell and bring in someone else. Just don't waste any more money since we have more important positions to fill (am/winger).

Padoin should be gone already tbh. He never plays and he won't be able to anymore with new signings.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I think Isla is about to leave, Romulo was brought to replace him which is a good move IMO.

But really if Licht only accepts 3M 4 years contract, we could try to get Darmian... but the problem is that Cairo would ask 20M for the guy (when he'd ask 12M if the buyer was Roma or some other shit).

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Honestly Licht is good and i'd like to keep him. Since we shouldn't change so much this year we already swapped ContevsAllegri.
But giving a 4 years deal to a 31 yrs old player is madness. I'd rather give him a 2-3years deal Max.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
2<4, do they teach math in Bangkok?
31+4=35
33+2=35

They'll both be 35 when their contracts end, that's his point.

Though it's not a very good one if I might add. As much as I hate Evra, I gotta admit that he was one of the best fullbacks in the world in his prime. Lichtsteiner, as much as I love him, isn't.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
2<4, do they teach math in Bangkok?
:rolleyes: :shifty: If you can't understand basic maths, I don't even need to dignify your query with a response. I see that @Ocelot has spared me the trouble :D

- - - Updated - - -

31+4=35
33+2=35

They'll both be 35 when their contracts end, that's his point.

Though it's not a very good one if I might add. As much as I hate Evra, I gotta admit that he was one of the best fullbacks in the world in his prime. Lichtsteiner, as much as I love him, isn't.
The point is that they will both be the same age upon expiration of their contracts. Evra was one of the best; was is the operative word. He is currently 33, and a shell of his former self, yet we still chose to give him a 2 year deal. Licht still has at least 2-3 good years in him, and giving him a 4 year extension wouldn't be such a bad idea. I'm sure some Middle Eastern club will pick him up in a couple of years. Thus, we don't risk losing him on a free.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
If we can get a good 15 million for him i would say sell him, a 30 year old will never be worth less and less as each year goes by and runs down his contract.

Quality player for us though always gave 100% on the pitch, would like to see him stay tbh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 88)