Stephan Lichtsteiner (6 Viewers)

AlexOB

Apr 2, 2014
Lichtsteiner, along with Vidal and Tevez, is the soul of this team, the one that in difficult moment shows up and fight even harder. His grit and effort is hardly replaceable, he's an icon and, I'd say, a fan favourite. It does not surprise that in Champions League he's always been a great performer, also in matches like Munchen or against Chelsea, when we were novice in the competition. He also looks like one of Conte's main trusted men. He's got a lot of stamina and character, hardly replaceable both in a 3-5-2 or in a back 4. I'm confident we will find a solution and he'll stay.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Stephan is my favourite player in this team and I'd be absolutely gutted if we lost him.

He loves it at Juve, though. Conte also loves him at Juve and so I'm sure a deal can be made.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
The problem with Licht is that he is asking for a considerable wage increase, while at the same time getting older, while at the same time the rabiot opportunity appearing.

Not sure

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
http://football-italia.net/52107/lichtsteiner-set-juve-deal

Lichtsteiner set for Juve deal?

Juventus have reportedly rejected an offer from Paris Saint-Germain for Stephan Lichtsteiner and will commit him to a new contract.
Apparent issues in negotiations to extend his current deal beyond its June 2015 expiry had raised the possibility and speculation that the Switzerland international could be sold this summer.
However, reports in the defender’s home country indicate that a push from PSG to pick up the 30-year-old has proven unsuccessful.
It is understood that Juve and Lichtsteiner are instead closing in on an agreement for a two-year extension.

original source is infoticker.ch ^^

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
His agent said that he's not even close to sign a new contract, apparently the difference is way too big. They talked for months and didn't reach an agreement. He also said he'll probably stay at Juve but signing a new contract is a different thing (in order words he might leave for free next year).

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
can pay 33 yr old Evra 3.5m. can't pay licht that
Difference is we paid Lichsteiner 11m we paid Evra almost 0. 1,5m.
When you get a player for free or almost you gotta give him a higher wage than what he deserve.

Juventus offered Lichsteiner an increase of 500 so he'd reach 2,5 per year but he refused and asked for 3-3.5 or so.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
i hope they can reach an agreement with him, he is solid player and i cant see any problem to play him as CB after few years like what happened with thuram
Problem is in the next 3 years we'll have to say goodbye to Barzagli (34) Buffon (36) Evra (33) Lichsteiner (31)
I like Lichsteiner he did fairly well in the past 3 years but if there is a good offer form him we should sell and replace with someone younger and we already have Caceres who did really good and can play both CB and RB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)