Stephan Lichtsteiner (9 Viewers)

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
We don't even have anyone on the other side of defense for 4 at the back, guess that would mean 3 at the back next season. Wouldn't want that, plus I like him, I used to hate him when he played against us but for us he's awesome :)

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
We don't even have anyone on the other side of defense for 4 at the back, guess that would mean 3 at the back next season. Wouldn't want that, plus I like him, I used to hate him when he played against us but for us he's awesome :)
I love the guy too, but he is the type of player that relies a lot on his physicality, and he's far from being super young. Not to mention getting an obscene amount of cash for him. Caceres can slip in as a RB, but we'd need a back u or keeping Isla.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Stephan Lichtsteiner has conceded that Juventus 'can’t be satisfied’ with their European form last season.

The Bianconeri may have won their third Scudetto in a row becoming the first Italian team to break the 100-point barrier.

But on the continent, the Old Lady were disappointing – crashing out of the Champions League at the group stage and losing in the Europa League semi-final.

“We had an outstanding season in the league, scoring 102 points and winning all 19 matches at home and 33 out of 38 games overall - the stats speak for themselves,” he told FIFA.com.

“But we can't be satisfied with our results on the European stage. We failed to get out of the Champions League group stage despite having a reasonably friendly draw.

“We had a chance to make amends in the Europa League and didn't deliver then either. We had the potential to do better.

“We're largely responsible for that failure. We perform with more focus and confidence in the League, while in Europe, small details play a bigger role and we haven't been able to work them in our favour.

“We made too many individual errors this year, but I'm convinced we won't repeat them next season.”

The Switzerland international though, doesn’t want to use economic might as an excuse not to succeed against the likes of Chelsea and Real Madrid.

“Financially speaking, clearly the top Italian clubs, including Juve, can't keep up with the big boys in Spain, England and France.

“However, we can't use that as an excuse. Dortmund reached the Champions League final last year, Sevilla captured the Europa League this season, Atletico Madrid won the Liga title and qualified for the Champions League final, and none of these clubs have the sort of budget the big Italian sides do.

“If success has smiled on them, why shouldn't it smile on us?”

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Success smiles on them because those clubs actively seek our young talent to buy, develop and fund their projects. Juventus is stuck in the Italian mentality of co-ownerships and transfer strategies from the 1980-90s. Markovic is a good example of a young talent, grabbed by an aggressive European side and developing him into something more. He's still a work in progress but I wondered why more Italian teams didn't grab him. I think the two non-EU slot rule hampers the development of Italian teams and I think Italian teams in general have a very awkward, stubborn idea of transfers.

Now, their are exceptions such as Udinese who do an amazing job of finding talent and selling it off while using that talent to spurn growth and success. But its still not regular enough as a league. /rant

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
:lol2: I'm on drugs... wtf is wrong with me today.

I posted the news in the wrong thread. That was meant for Llorente. :p
What odds that papers start reporting this as the latest rumour?

Glad we're not selling him. One of my favourites :heart:

- - - Updated - - -

Success smiles on them because those clubs actively seek our young talent to buy, develop and fund their projects. Juventus is stuck in the Italian mentality of co-ownerships and transfer strategies from the 1980-90s. Markovic is a good example of a young talent, grabbed by an aggressive European side and developing him into something more. He's still a work in progress but I wondered why more Italian teams didn't grab him. I think the two non-EU slot rule hampers the development of Italian teams and I think Italian teams in general have a very awkward, stubborn idea of transfers.

Now, their are exceptions such as Udinese who do an amazing job of finding talent and selling it off while using that talent to spurn growth and success. But its still not regular enough as a league. /rant
Udinese do a great job of spotting and developing talent! However they have a selling club mentality - it never seems like they develop these youngsters in order to challenge for a scudetto, they do it solely to sell them on and make profit. The ideal is somewhere in the middle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)