Stephan Lichtsteiner (125 Viewers)

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Lichtsteiner: Juve the priority
By Football Italia staff

Stephan Lichtsteiner has outlined his 'priority is Juventus’ with regards to a new contract, as he builds up Paul Pogba’s ability.

The 30-year-old’s current contract in Turin expires in June 2015, meaning that talks over a renewal are likely on the agenda in the coming months.

Whilst speculation in parts had paired him with moves to Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain, the defender has made clear where he wants to be.

“It will probably be my last big contract,” Lichtsteiner has reflected in today’s edition of Tuttosport.

“And my priority is Juventus. What counts is trophies, winning is the most important thing.

“I still see myself at a good level for three or four more years, then I can close [my career] in Switzerland and then become a Coach.”

Lichtsteiner had a word on teammate Paul Pogba, who has enjoyed a prominent season for the Bianconeri.

“His quality is the best I have seen in a young player in my career. And he is incredibly strong technically, physically he is robust and he is fast.

“He has a turbo shot. And then he also plays with extreme passion.”

The full-back will be at the World Cup this summer with Switzerland.

“We have quality this time in our team. And I feel I am a leader on the field. Also, what counts will be the form of the individuals.”

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
RUS is right... as a RB he could play on for a couple of years... slowly but surely attack less and less...
Yeah, he's fantastic fullback and considering his age it would be wise to spare this guy a little bit. Covering the right side all by himself will become very difficult for him. Great player and one of our best purchases and after various Grygeras, Mottas, etc, having Licht on the right is such a joy to watch.

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
Yeah, he's fantastic fullback and considering his age it would be wise to spare this guy a little bit. Covering the right side all by himself will become very difficult for him. Great player and one of our best purchases and after various Grygeras, Mottas, etc, having Licht on the right is such a joy to watch.
He won't have to do everything by himself on the righthand side anymore, if we switch to a 4 men defence

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 124)