Stephan Lichtsteiner (91 Viewers)

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
PSG came with 18 mil last year.He is so valuable to this team.Only if some crazy offer come.Especcially when you dont have always good players at the market.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
He should stay here, but I have doubts we'll be tempted to sell him.
Guy seems to be totally out of steem. Which is kind of weird because he used to be known for his great stamina and Conte gave him some rest by playing Isla in couple of matches.
Numbers wise, this is his best season with 10 goals/assists. He had 6 last year and 5 the year before, despite playing much more back than compared to this year.

As unpopular it would be to sell him, a good offer simply has to be considered. He indeed looks out of steam. Even when we signed him in 2011, he always looked like he was struggling for air due to the hard running, but he kept playing from start to finish. He was playing all the time and he could handle it.
His stamina isn't the same any more. He's been rested more than anyone else. Conte and his men obviously noticed that Licht can't go on the way he used to, and we're rotating in the right flank frequently. Despite all that, Licht is producing the goods, but he isn't running the way he used to and he hardly finishes the matches because he's dead tired around the 70th minute. It's not a usual thing to sub out your right back in more than 50% of the matches he starts and not to start him in like 40% of the matches in one season.

Despite being unusual, it's understandable. He is 30. The fullbacks tend to run more than anyone else and in most cases they aren't even a shadow of their old selves once they turn 30. To every Zanetti there are tens of Maicons and Zambrottas.
On the other hand, I'm not sure he'd bring a nice amount that would force us to sell. We surely don't want to do an Inter with Maicon, so a crazy amount musn't be rejected. But perhaps there is one or two good seasons in him and it would be a shame to sell him for some 6-7m euro.
Personally I think he has 1 more season in him. I mean 1 more season that he can keep the same level from the previous seasons, with the right amount of resting, like this year. I just don't think he'll last long. He did more than enough running in his career.
Such a shame that Isla didn't turn out as expected.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
He has a World Cup ahead of him so I don't know how much his steam would last next season. I am not implying that he should be sold, on the contrary, he's my favourite player in the current squad and I would love him to stay and deliver more than before.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I'd like to see him play regularly in a formation where he's not the only person on the entire flank before judging his fitness. It's true, he looks knackered in this set up, but I think he has a couple more seasons left in him at this level providing we don't ask him to do quite as much.

VidAL!123

Apr 16, 2014
I'd like to see him play regularly in a formation where he's not the only person on the entire flank before judging his fitness. It's true, he looks knackered in this set up, but I think he has a couple more seasons left in him at this level providing we don't ask him to do quite as much.
conte said that hw will play in the formation that will fit juve the most. so get prepared to lichtsteiner at RB :tuttosport:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 91)