Stephan Lichtsteiner (13 Viewers)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
If we sold him I would really fear for our title hopes. Yes, we've strenghtened the attack and got ourselves a very good CB-backup, but so far we've weakened our flanks (with the sale of Giacch) and were we to weaken our back/wingback positions, I think we'd be in trouble.

Must keep this player, he's a true winner.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
There is no way were selling Lichtsteiner. Important and vital player in our lineup, and it's been re-iterated many times that were not a selling club like Bbilan and Binter. We hold on to our vital players these days.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
People seem to forget how badly we were exposed before Licht with Grygera and Motta on the right side. If it's not broken don't touch it. I don't see anyone better atm affordable at least.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
the bad thing is that our problem will not only be the money to sign another dude... but to replace him in our team , as a player.

He is a tireless soldier, and fits our system. Its no easy to replace someone like him...and in a position as delicate as th defense. We cant fuck up our defence.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
If we sell him then we are scrapping the 4 man back line for good because it will be hard to find a 4 man RB like him.

Wingback? I think he's easier to replace there but still I'm comfortable with his defensive capabilities in a 3-5-2. He is very safe.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
yeh, he is no as awesome in a 352,,, IMO mainly because he gets out of fuel much more in that formation. But when he is not wasted... the guy is very reliable both in offense and defense.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
If we sold him I would really fear for our title hopes. Yes, we've strenghtened the attack and got ourselves a very good CB-backup, but so far we've weakened our flanks (with the sale of Giacch) and were we to weaken our back/wingback positions, I think we'd be in trouble.

Must keep this player, he's a true winner.
Weakened our flanks :lol:

Jem oh jem..

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Weakened our flanks :lol:

Jem oh jem..
It's true. It's better to have Giacch than to not have him. Had we not had him last year, would we have gotten those crucial goals against Genoa or Catania for instance? You're seriously underrating him, and what he did for us. Sure, he's no Messi, but damn what a heart and what effort. And the odd crucial goal.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
If we sell him then we are scrapping the 4 man back line for good because it will be hard to find a 4 man RB like him.

Wingback? I think he's easier to replace there but still I'm comfortable with his defensive capabilities in a 3-5-2. He is very safe.
Regardless of his position, it'd be very hard to find another player capable of driving the team forward.

Lichtsteiner, Chiellini and Vidal are really the key players for Juve in that regard.

They are all so good at getting on the front foot to press and win the ball back early.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)