Stephan Lichtsteiner (479 Viewers)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Not that he isn't capable of defending himself, but on more than once occasion now I have seen Licht acting almost like a bodyguard to Buffon. Today on the corner kicks and then the other moment that stands out in my mind was towards the end of the second Shakhtar match. :heart:

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I think Licht took the context of the situation into account. Had only he gotten the yellow and not Gary Pooper as well then I think he would have stopped or been told to by Conte to. Both players were in the wrong and I think the ref rightly understood that. This was a case of a player blocking another player from blocking their team mate. If we had left Hooper to block Buffon off the ball than he should have been pulled up and carded anyway but Celtic have been implementing this dirty tactic on set-pieces all season without punishment. Juve and Licht did the right thing by fighting fire with fire here. Had Licht not been sandwiched between those Celtic players and Buffon than Hooper and co. would have been making contact with the keeper. I'm not exactly sure what they were trying to do there.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
All of these Celtic players look like rugby players almost, which is a career move some of them are wise to consider, including that Hooper clown. They're clearly no good with the ball at their feet, they should try picking it up and run.

Licht :heart:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 478)