Stephan Lichtsteiner (64 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I prefer Vucinic when he plays from the wing. Not convinced 4-3-3 would help Giovinco much. He just isn't suited to playing against packed, deep defences.

Marchisio did better in terms of goalscoring last season because Juve were playing a faster, more open game that stretched the opposition, so there were gaps for him to step forward into. With Juve forcing teams back and often not moving the ball fast enough to open up spaces, it's much harder for the midfield runners to find the gaps to dart into.

I'm still not convinced the 3-5-2 is really a problem, but I would like to see more flexibility.

I think Juve are just experiencing a natural drop in intensity. You're never going to entirely reproduce the hunger the team had last season when almost none of them had won anything and they were all desperate to prove themselves. Add in Conte's suspension and having to cope with the CL and it was always going to be a tough few months.

Frankly, if Juve can get out of the CL group and are top of the league when Conte returns, I think that would have to be considered a fantastic effort by the players and staff, all things considered.
Mirko is better on the left that's what I've been trying to tell everyone. As far as Gio, his size limits him when when he is stuck centrally having defenders breathing down his back. Gio, like Mirko, needs to be able to receive the ball out wide where they are already facing the way they want to go.

As far as the rest I bolded...our team seems to operate much more smoothly in the 433. They didn't have to hope their wingers would put in decent crosses because the formation didn't limit them in that capacity. The ball moved much better as well along with our possession. Something just seems off with the 352 :confused:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
3-5-2 is slower, so the opposition find it easier to hold their shape, so Juve have to rely more on the team's less than fantastic technique.

With the 4-3-3 the games were more stretched, the opposition got dragged around and Juve were able to rely on their excellent movement to create chances.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Always thought and said it that he's one of the top 3 players in his position in the world IMO. Technically he may not be but he's the most complete, he's as good defender as going forward.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Having one of the best RBs in the world but using him out of position is a bit loco if you ask me.

Revert back to 433 and let him demonstrate how owning an entire right flank is done for youth players all around the world seeking a role model to strive to be like.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
What if Lich had the killer instinct as a good natural forward in the box... He would probably be the best player in our team and our best scorer. His runs and precision in timing them combined with Pirlo being Pirlo is breathtaking. Although he often gets into difficult positions when he gets his opportunities it's too bad he seldom manages to take advantage of them and score. But I don't blame him and its really well done in getting there in the first place. But what if, he was a natural scorer... Just sayin'. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 64)