Stephan Lichtsteiner (82 Viewers)

javi_berti

May 1, 2005
correct, but to be fair: "nazi" isn´t a typical swiss "thing" as well and still it´s a very fitting nickname for him ^^
Yeah, about that. I don't see why this term should be a nickname for anybody, much less for a player from our favorite football club. I will continue to report any post in that direction.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I find it indeed offensive at the lack of activity in this man's thread. :(

The guy has become more and more dangerous in the 352 that I might be inclined to say Isla will have his work cut out for him, despite the more natural role he would find himself in.

Licht has been as defensively solid as we would expect him to be, just as he was in a 433. AND, most importantly, he has been finding ways to sneak into space more often on the right and finding himself in threatening positions. You could see it last night, granted space was given, however he seems to be getting smarter in his runs (when and where, specifically).

Yes, I am trying not to Spam today.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
AND, most importantly, he has been finding ways to sneak into space more often on the right and finding himself in threatening positions.
Tell me about it! I think Licht has become addicted to the taste of blood, because he looked so eager to score against Udinese. He made a lot of runs into the box, and got frustrated when our players took shots instead of passing to him :lol:

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
We need Licht and Isla both on the right at the same time :tuttosport:

4-3-3 is the answer

Buffon
Licht-Barza-Chiellini-Asamoah?
Vidal-Pirlo-Marchisio
Isla-Matri-Vucinic​

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Tell me about it! I think Licht has become addicted to the taste of blood, because he looked so eager to score against Udinese. He made a lot of runs into the box, and got frustrated when our players took shots instead of passing to him :lol:
:lol:

He does have some spunk about him, doesn't he? :D

Seriously though, he is on a rampage on the flank anymore. But, I would be angry too if I was making lung bursting runs into the box to not even be considered for a pass...or even looked at. :D

Licht is going to give Isla a run for his money.

---------- Post added 03.09.2012 at 10:56 ----------

We need Licht and Isla both on the right at the same time :tuttosport:

4-3-3 is the answer

Buffon
Licht-Barza-Chiellini-Asamoah?
Vidal-Pirlo-Marchisio
Isla-Matri-Vucinic​
:tuttosport:

Not sure about Asa though. :sad:

its tricky.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Heres a question. Seeing Licht in the first two games, I've been quite impressed with him at wb. What happens if he keeps this form up and Isla can't break into the playing xi because of this. What are we do?! Play Isla elsewhere? Sell him? Sell Catheretth?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Heres a question. Seeing Licht in the first two games, I've been quite impressed with him at wb. What happens if he keeps this form up and Isla can't break into the playing xi because of this. What are we do?! Play Isla elsewhere? Sell him? Sell Catheretth?
Depth. :touched:

You start Licht, and sub him for Isla so Isla can start getting some match fitness and chances to impress.

Give Licht a rest here and there and if Isla is the better player he will bench Licht. That simple. :)

I wouldn't mind trying the 433 as above, but the LB slot would not be good with Asa there.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Depends on the mercato next season, because you have to remember Isla is here on a co-own. Will be a toughie for Marrotta IMO.
We will buy. You don't bring a guy like Isla and not buy him. Marotta was just trying to penny pinch, he will stay. We didn't spend the money on an injured player the way we did with no intention of keeping him here.

Isla will be great, just like Licht. Perfect pairing for competition if you ask me. Caceres will be rotation with Lucio for CBs I think.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
And Marrone if we intend to use him like we have been.
Our depth is simply insane from the midfield back to the defense.

---------- Post added 03.09.2012 at 11:24 ----------

Hell, throw Marrone up as a striker and he will equally impress.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Our depth is simply insane from the midfield back to the defense.

---------- Post added 03.09.2012 at 11:24 ----------

Hell, throw Marrone up as a striker and he will equally impress.
:rolleyes:

-

Isla is great depth, what if Licht is out for a few weeks? People won't be complaining then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 82)