Stephan Lichtsteiner (80 Viewers)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
He's still a campione, though. He popped up when we really needed it, and it's not the first time. Atalanta away last season anyone?

Anyway, the Licht I saw tonight;
1) created a penalty, while driving forward, losing his marker
2) scored a vital goal by making a great run into the box
and 3) had a very solid match defensively

I'm quite satisfied with that!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
He's still a campione, though. He popped up when we really needed it, and it's not the first time. Atalanta away last season anyone?

Anyway, the Licht I saw tonight;
1) created a penalty, while driving forward, losing his marker
2) scored a vital goal by making a great run into the box
and 3) had a very solid match defensively

I'm quite satisfied with that!
I wouldn't count winning the penalty, since he was miles offside. :D

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
With Chiellini back as the left CB of the 3 and Asamoah on the left wing (back), Juve's formation could be switch between 3-5-2 and 4-4-2. Lichtsteiner will be played with Asamoah imo and Isla will probably be paired with the more defensive De Ceglie.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Thought he was pretty poor, other than the goal.

He still doesn't really fit in 3-5-2 because there isn't space for him to move into the way there is when he's RB.

Gobbi was able to play him one-on-one and pretty much nullify Lichtsteiner for virtually the whole game.
Gobbi pls.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Juventino[RUS];3826383 said:
He destroyed Biabiany's ass, he scored a goal but people are still sayin' that he is not good for 3-5-2 :lol:
Scoring a goal is great, but it happens in seconds out of the 75 mins he played. It doesn't change that Rwb is too far up for his skill set, he can't beat his man 1on1 at all basically and generally gets the ball when he has his opponent turned on him.

He works best making off the ball runs, That how he scored, but he gets to do that way more if he has a winger in front of him that give him space to work with, that he can overlap behind of. Not when he IS the winger, and he gets nullified higher up because he can't dribble his way out a tight space, like Asamoah did with the assist.

Mar 9, 2006
Scoring a goal is great, but it happens in seconds out of the 75 mins he played. It doesn't change that Rwb is too far up for his skill set, he can't beat his man 1on1 at all basically and generally gets the ball when he has his opponent turned on him.

He works best making off the ball runs, That how he scored, but he gets to do that way more if he has a winger in front of him that give him space to work with, that he can overlap behind of. Not when he IS the winger, and he gets nullified higher up because he can't dribble his way out a tight space, like Asamoah did with the assist.
LWB is about runs and about marking, you don't need to have an amazing dribble skills at this position, sometimes it's enough to run past ur opponent.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Not amazing, but being to dribble, take initiative, since the whole wing is yours you have to be able to penetrate. Not get stuck and then restart the build up with side ways passing/switching to another flank.

There is a reason the player himself prefers 4 man defence.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
Not amazing, but being to dribble, take initiative, since the whole wing is yours you have to be able to penetrate. Not get stuck and then restart the build up with side ways passing/switching to another flank.

There is a reason the player himself prefers 4 man defence.
I see him and Asamoah have so much space. Imagine we had a player like bale!

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Thought he was pretty poor, other than the goal.

He still doesn't really fit in 3-5-2 because there isn't space for him to move into the way there is when he's RB.

Gobbi was able to play him one-on-one and pretty much nullify Lichtsteiner for virtually the whole game.
Agreed. He's definitely more comfortable as a RB. He's just a classic player at this position. I really believe that Isla will live up to expectations and won't give a chance to any other player as a RWB, just like Asamoah is doing on the left. Licht won't see a lot of playing time in important games I guess.

---------- Post added 26.08.2012 at 06:42 ----------

Very true.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
At some point I hope we'll se Licht-Barzagli-Chiellini in 3-5-2, IMO that could easily prove to be the best defensive line of all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 79)