Stephan Lichtsteiner (73 Viewers)

mondo1

May 14, 2006
Di Marzio: PSG are not serious for Lichtsteiner and haven't made a €15 mill bid for him
As if he gets this One right... Those Bad rumours Turn Out to be True Most of the Time

well thank $#@! for that then!
You are back??? Welcome btw

There just aren't any available top class RBs right now. So why the $#@! would we sell ours only to replace what has been a weak area for us for the last 4 years?
True

so why would any club be interested in our overpaid underachiving players. would you buy them if you were in charge of a club?

only players who perform have good value, to us and others. i dont want to lose him either, but it is for the greater good...hopefully:)

right now licht is about the only player, with a good value, we can let go without weakening the team to much.

vidal is imo worth 70-80m so if someone wanted to buy him for that sum, i think i would sell
Well i wouldn't have bought them to begin with... But still padoin and Co are solid players for Bologna etc. We wasted so much Money and now we have to sell the best rb with a very weak depth in the defence. One injury to a cb/ isla and you guys would be crying to have licht here again. So what he is a 10 mil bench Player? Asamoah is a 15 Mio matri 18 quag 15 so????

Well, we'll have a 15M CM 'sitting' there, won't we? Asamoah can play on the left, but so can Licht play in the defensive trio. Lichtsteiner is the first RB and a pretty solid option for RWB and RCB (I happen to rate him higher than Lucio there). Caceres and Isla are coming of knee injuries (kind of a gamble to trust the position entirely on them, no?) and we'd be messing with our (quality) tactical versatility selling the best RB on the squad. He wouldn't be sitting on the bench most of the time simply because it'll be impossible to have Isla playing all the time and they'd easily share playing time.

P.S.: We'll probably also have a 11/15M SS on the 'bench' in Giovinco/Vucinic.
Thank you

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
My theory:

The failure to sell Felipe Melo has caused a little bit of panic. The club said several times both before and during the mercato that a large chunk of the money for the mercato would have to be generated through player sales. The price for Melo was set to 13, but I think Juve expected at least 8. Instead, we got 1,5 million for the loan.

There are a bunch of members here who think that we've already set aside the 20 to 20+ million required to land a top striker, but there's really nothing to suggest that is the case. Quite the opposite: our pursuit of a striker is dragging on, and has been dragging on, due to a lack of funds.
Yeah, that's very possible.

I mean, how much have we spent/commited to spend (installments) already? I'm including Boakye because Immobile's half rights were sold in january, a different sports season.

Giocinco - 11M
Isla - 9.4M
Asamoah - 9M
Caceres - 8M
Giaccherini - 4.25M
Boakye - 4M
Leali - 3.8M
Gabbiadini - 1.5M
Masi - 1M
Leo Bonatini - 1M

Total: 54M.

Considering we will get Peluso (6M) + a 19M striker = 79M projected expenditure.

Players sold:

Melo - 1.75M (loan)
Krasic - 7M
Elia - 7.5M (with bonus)
Pasquato - 1.5M (co-own) Udinese
Ekdal - 1.2M - Cagliari

Total income on sold players: 19M

So, as of right now, it’s already been a loss of 35M. The projected total cost with transfers would be a loss of more or less 60M. That's a shit load of cash.

Barcelona spent less than 40M. Madrid is spending like 30/35M.

According to transfermarket, United had a total loss this season of 53M euros. Arsenal had a total plus of 11.8M Euros. Liverpool had a loss of 33M euro. Tottenham had a loss of only 6.1M.

I mean, the only 3 clubs in the whole fucking world who would have spent more than us (counting on supposedly more 25M for Peluso and a striker) are PSG, Chelsea (loss of 79M) and maybe Bayern. Even freakin City have yet to spend more 53M to reach us.
Are we that rich? I mean.... it makes a lot of sense that we need to sell Litch to get another good striker. We've spent much more money than it looks like. If we don’t sell, we don’t get more money to spend. It seems like it’s as simple as that.

Summing it up: we've already had a loss of 35M in this mercato. With a striker and Peluso it would be added an additional 25M to this loss. Only 3 or 4 teams in the whole world will have even or bigger losses than that. It makes a lot of sense to sell Litch if there's the opportunity.

And when I come to think of it, I highly doubt that without selling him we'll get some of these high profile CFs.

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
No, Asamoah will play a lot. He can rotate with three players at MC and also on the left is possible. When did Licht play there? He's a RB for a 4 man defense and that's about it. If we're planning to play 3-5-2 then Isla will be the first option. We can't afford to have Licht benched and Caceres to do nothing.

Licht was great, yes. But he's not a great option for 3-5-2. I'd still love to keep him, though.
Caceres will be Chiellini's deputee and I doubt Asamoah will be the first option to replace Pirlo (I know Vidal would probably drop deep, but I still see Marrone/Pogba ahead). Btw, Licht had a pretty good game against Napoli. I didn't like him much too last year as a RWB, but if he can keep the level of the Napoli game, we have nothing to worry about as it would mean he improved his game in that position.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
Well i wouldn't have bought them to begin with... But still padoin and Co are solid players for Bologna etc. We wasted so much Money and now we have to sell the best rb with a very weak depth in the defence. One injury to a cb/ isla and you guys would be crying to have licht here again. So what he is a 10 mil bench Player? Asamoah is a 15 Mio matri 18 quag 15 so????

so easy to say that in retrospect. that beeing said i would sell matri for anything over 12m and quag for 5m+

we need a squad of 25-27 players, and its ok to have a few 10-15m players on the bench from time to time, but i also depends on the player. my guess is that licht would not be happy beeing 2 or 3 choice in 3-5-2. beeing first choice in 4-3-3 doesnt help if we dont use that formation much. also when it comes to subs in a match, its more common to take off a cm or forward, not a rb/rwb. playing with 3 cm and 2 forwards also makes it more important to have more depht there.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
so easy to say that in retrospect. that beeing said i would sell matri for anything over 12m and quag for 5m+

we need a squad of 25-27 players, and its ok to have a few 10-15m players on the bench from time to time, but i also depends on the player. my guess is that licht would not be happy beeing 2 or 3 choice in 3-5-2. beeing first choice in 4-3-3 doesnt help if we dont use that formation much. also when it comes to subs in a match, its more common to take off a cm or forward, not a rb/rwb. playing with 3 cm and 2 forwards also makes it more important to have more depht there.
Well its Not when Talking about padoin pazienza and martinez... Thats 22 mil right there. Players we Never needed or were/ are any good... Sry for spelling i am on my ipad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 73)