Stephan Lichtsteiner (70 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Than lets sell Vidal too we have padoin and Co to Cover...and than we can get an Even better forward... If we sell licht this mercato gets a 0 Out of 10! Marotta couldn't sell Martínez melo iq Ziegler pazienza and Co and now he is Short of cash to get us a cf and sells One of the best Players from Last year.... If the 3 man defence fails in Europe or One of Bonbon barzagli or chiellini gets injured we are fucked ... fuck lucio
You're exaggerating.

1) We're mentioning Isla who is worth over 15mln euros and who was signed
2) We're mentioning the change of formation, which makes Licht worse

Buy on AliExpress.com

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
people who are pro this move need to realise that any ambitious top club, who want to compete in all fronts, will need much more than a starting eleven. Therefore, Isla being better than Licht as a RWB means as much as Marchisio being superior to Asamoah. Do we need to sell him too? This move simply has no sense for Juve, mainly for 15M.

Kroos/Muller, Higuain, Coentrão, Cesc, Song, Nasri, Balotelli/Tevez, Dzeko, Young/Nani...

Do we actually have a RB READY this weekend to play?
Padowan, the great.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
Is anyone really surprised we are only selling Licht for 15m? Marotta couldn't sell shit to pigs for any decent amount of money. This is an absolute bullshit move. Selling one of our best players to buy either Llorente or Dzeko is fucking awful business from Marotta. I would only be ok with this if we get Cavani (which I know there is no chance of happening). Fuck that.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Than lets sell Vidal too we have padoin and Co to Cover...and than we can get an Even better forward... If we sell licht this mercato gets a 0 Out of 10! Marotta couldn't sell Martínez melo iq Ziegler pazienza and Co and now he is Short of cash to get us a cf and sells One of the best Players from Last year.... If the 3 man defence fails in Europe or One of Bonbon barzagli or chiellini gets injured we are fucked ... fuck lucio
yes! LET'S BURN THE JUVE JERSEY'S!

---------- Post added 21.08.2012 at 20:27 ----------

Caceres is definitely not a better RWB than Licht. I also prefer Licht as a RCB.
He is. I love Licht and don't want this move to go through, but he is pretty weak in the 3-5-2, even Pepe was preferred in that position last year.

abstract

Mar 3, 2012
some ppl replacing Licht (one of our best players last season ) with a injured guy who didn't play a single game for us :)

Licht >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> isla

this move could be catastrophic for us

i don't believe the 20 cm scar guy

idiotic move

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
people who are pro this move need to realise that any ambitious top club, who want to compete in all fronts, will need much more than a starting eleven. Therefore, Isla being better than Licht as a RWB means as much as Marchisio being superior to Asamoah. Do we need to sell him too? This move simply has no sense for Juve, mainly for 15M.

Kroos/Muller, Higuain, Coentrão, Cesc, Song, Nasri, Balotelli/Tevez, Dzeko, Young/Nani...

Padowan, the great.
Read again, nobody is 'pro' this move. It's just that people are refusing to see the truth.

Funny thing you say that, but at this point we are not Real Madrid nor Manchester City and we cannot offer to have a 15mln RB sitting on our bench most of the time. And not just that, but someone who DOESN'T FIT into 3-5-2. Asamoah is different, he will play a lot and he can even cover the left side. Before having THREE good RBs we should sign a top striker and some LW, possibly a DC too.

Again, if we do sell Licht, we'll have Caceres as a back up and not Grygera.

RavaneVialli2

Aug 4, 2012
I think Caceres was meant to be a backup CB, especially in a 3-man defence. I don't think he's any better than Lichtsteiner as a RWB.

But from Licht's perspective this move certainly makes sense, he'll be a starter at PSG on much better wages instead of being a "backup" (a starter, but in a backup formation) on some 1.8M a year here.

If this sale allowed us to purchase Alvaro Pereira on top of a good striker, I would accept that, but it isn't happening, sadly.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
You're exaggerating.

1) We're mentioning Isla who is worth over 15mln euros and who was signed
2) We're mentioning the change of formation, which makes Licht worse
Of course i am i love that guy and he had a great year. It will make him worse but still better than caceres as a RWB or Rcb. And in a 4 man Defence he is Set!! Wo dont Even know Whats with isla After such a long injury plus we are Short of cb anyways. its marottas fault for not selling other players or buying to much cm so that we don't have cash. And if the 15 Mil are True thats a Steal or more like daylight robbery. And fuck the 3-5-2 we don't have any lwb....

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
i am all for considering offers if the price is right. any offer of 20 million or higher shoould be considered.

Caceras as proven to be a good player, but isla is still a mystey,. he has been injured for a while now and he has not played a single minute for juve. for all we know he coould flop badly. That's the main reason i would not give away litch right now.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
There just aren't any available top class RBs right now. So why the fuck would we sell ours only to replace what has been a weak area for us for the last 4 years?

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011

so why would any club be interested in our overpaid underachiving players. would you buy them if you were in charge of a club?

only players who perform have good value, to us and others. i dont want to lose him either, but it is for the greater good...hopefully:)

right now licht is about the only player, with a good value, we can let go without weakening the team to much.

vidal is imo worth 70-80m so if someone wanted to buy him for that sum, i think i would sell

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
Read again, nobody is 'pro' this move. It's just that people are refusing to see the truth.

Funny thing you say that, but at this point we are not Real Madrid nor Manchester City and we cannot offer to have a 15mln RB sitting on our bench most of the time. And not just that, but someone who DOESN'T FIT into 3-5-2. Asamoah is different, he will play a lot and he can even cover the left side. Before having THREE good RBs we should sign a top striker and some LW, possibly a DC too.

Again, if we do sell Licht, we'll have Caceres as a back up and not Grygera.
Well, we'll have a 15M CM 'sitting' there, won't we? Asamoah can play on the left, but so can Licht play in the defensive trio. Lichtsteiner is the first RB and a pretty solid option for RWB and RCB (I happen to rate him higher than Lucio there). Caceres and Isla are coming of knee injuries (kind of a gamble to trust the position entirely on them, no?) and we'd be messing with our (quality) tactical versatility selling the best RB on the squad. He wouldn't be sitting on the bench most of the time simply because it'll be impossible to have Isla playing all the time and they'd easily share playing time.

P.S.: We'll probably also have a 11/15M SS on the 'bench' in Giovinco/Vucinic.

RavaneVialli2

Aug 4, 2012
I don't think we're short of money. We were willing to pay around 4-5 million for Verratti's half, trying to get Poli, both of whom we won't even need in the first team for next 2-3 years. We also paid 4M for Boakye's half, or whatever his name is. In case a squadron of the "money for youngsters wouldn't be spent on the first team players anyway" guys responds, then there's certainly something wrong in our strategy if we have significant money to spend on future Gilardinos and Palombos while not having money to strenghten the first eleven without a sale of one of the last season's best performers.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Well, we'll have a 15M CM 'sitting' there, won't we? Asamoah can play on the left, but so can Licht play in the defensive trio. Lichtsteiner is the first RB and a pretty solid option for RWB and RCB (I happen to rate him higher than Lucio there). Caceres and Isla are coming of knee injuries (kind of a gamble to trust the position entirely on them, no?) and we'd be messing with our (quality) tactical versatility selling the best RB on the squad. He wouldn't be sitting on the bench most of the time simply because it'll be impossible to have Isla playing all the time and they'd easily share playing time.
No, Asamoah will play a lot. He can rotate with three players at MC and also on the left is possible. When did Licht play there? He's a RB for a 4 man defense and that's about it. If we're planning to play 3-5-2 then Isla will be the first option. We can't afford to have Licht benched and Caceres to do nothing.

Licht was great, yes. But he's not a great option for 3-5-2. I'd still love to keep him, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 70)