Stephan Lichtsteiner (91 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I dont speak Italian, but I think this is the meaning:

"We have already refused offers for a few players, of the double of the amount we've payed for them, it means that this club wants to win"
He probably means that we rejected Inter's offer for Pirlo and Milan's offer for Barzagli :agree:

juve901

The Strategist
Jul 8, 2008
I wouldn't sell Licht. His mentality and calibre are of an exemplary standard and will be used as a yardstick for new recruits. A lot of us see, to think 20m in this transfer will be used to procure Jovetic. I'm afraid it won't. I can't see Vucinic, Jovetic, Giovinco, Quag/Matri and Dzeko/Llorente fight it out for two spots. It's a top 5-7 European attacking line up but I'm not so sure such well paid players will be benched on a weekly basis. I'd love our line up to look like that, but not at the expense of somebody who brings as much finesse to our back line, and especially not when we don't even know a sale would guarantee anything since Marrotta has not dealt with players over the region of 15m.
:tup: Totally agree with this. The sums being thrown around for Lich is 10m-15m. And I don't think that extra 15M is going to bring in Dzeko/Llorente and Jovetic as much as I would love to believe it would.

I think Lich brings so much to the squad - IMO he is insellable.

---------- Post added 17.08.2012 at 16:52 ----------

One of our top performers last year, showed heart and juve spirit like he was playing for this team for years.
Uno di noi per sempre.
:tup: :agree:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
If we want to succeed in Europe we can't weaken our defense by selling one of our most consistent performing defenders.

There will be games where we need 4 at the back and there is no one better for the RB position in this team other than Licht himself.

He stays. So when we play PSG he can give a proper fuck you to Lavezzi, Pastore & Ibra.

---------- Post added 17.08.2012 at 17:10 ----------

He probably means that we rejected Inter's offer for Pirlo and Milan's offer for Barzagli :agree:
When the hell did they offer for Pirlo? :shifty:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
So confident...
Always confident, but not a fool. Stupid money dictates, but for the figures being mentioned so far (€15m-€20m) I see nothing that will make the club say 'hold on, this is crazy money, we'd be idiots to refuse'. We can't be selling important players to rivals, we have to be better than that. We are not in a perilous financial position.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Always confident, but not a fool. Stupid money dictates, but for the figures being mentioned so far (€15m-€20m) I see nothing that will make the club say 'hold on, this is crazy money, we'd be idiots to refuse'. We can't be selling important players to rivals, we have to be better than that. We are not in a perilous financial position.
That probably explains why we are the ones buying important players from rivals.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Exactly, hope Marotta shares the same idea.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Swiss right-back Lichtsteiner has also been linked with Chelsea.

“The situation is different, as I can confirm they know the player very well and really want him, but the Londoners might not want to spend that much money for a right-back.”
Yeah, because 20 million Euros in 2004 was a such a bargain for Paulo Ferreira. :shifty:

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
dont know bout you all but im calm as fuck with licht at the back especially if lucio/bonnuci will sometimes be at CB...licht's agent is excited because licht's agent gets to milk money for himself..caceres or isla rb will never give you that solidity in defence like licht did last season...

licht is untouchable to me because he reminds me of that culture we had pre-2006...all the other big teams are stockpiling quality players so why would we send away one of ours and leave a question mark in that position?

and 20mil isnt much money on the market when u consider prices for quality players and their salaries...

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I'll be extremely disappointed if we sell Lichty for any price.

You just don't go and sell one of your best performers from last season, eapecially when were not exactly struggling financially. Doesnt project a good image of the club to other players we might be interested in.

I don't care that we have Isla and Caceres, this guy is just too damn good and too much of a Juventino to sell. Just a monster at the back and would strengthen that disgusting club so much if he were to be sold to them.

And let's be honest, the figures quoted in the media (€15M)...I'm sorry PSG but that is wayyyy too low for a player of his calibre. We're taking about one of the best RBs in Europe...€30M minimum or go and get fucked you filthy rich cunts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 91)